ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) - Job Title Change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mhraja
Pakistan

Tier 2 (General) - Job Title Change

Post by mhraja » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi All, I was given a Tier 2 visa in Dec 2011 to work for my current employer for the job I was doing at that time. In Dec 2013, due to reorganisation in my company, my job changed (it was the same role under same job code but different Title and improved salary). I didn't inform Home Office as I read on ukba website (at that time) that I don't need to send new application if the job is in same job code.

Now I am due extension at the end of this year (Dec 2014), my company will offer me CoS for the new job for extension, will not reporting the job change earlier cause any issues in the extension of my Tier 2 (General) visa?

Many thanks for your support!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 (General) - Job Title Change

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:26 am

As long as the SOC code is the same and your responsibilities remain more or less similar, it should be fine. The job title varies across organisations for similar type of jobs, hence changes in title should be okay.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Something similar happened to me. Even though I was promoted, job title changed and my salary did increase (also due to a restructure), my duties still fell under the SOC code that we submitted the application under, so we were told we didn't have to notify them of the change.

We were just told when i go for my extension, just to add a little note saying that though your job title changed due to a reorganisation, but your duties were still within the SOC CODE of the original application. Our company lawyer said the note is not necessary, but can be helpful incase you get that one person that wants to ask loads of questions (more of a safe measure).

Hope that helps

mhraja
Pakistan

Post by mhraja » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks guys for your feedback, its very helpful indeed!