ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary required for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Salary required for Tier 1 Extension

Post by guruasis2012 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi all,
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest that whether salaries taken in advance (instead of monthly options) WILL be considered as part of consecutive 12-month period earnings before application? This salary advance is offered by same company and they will be deducting partial amounts from my salary every month through rest of year, starting from the day the salary advance is credited to my account?
I'll be highly obliged.

nks

Re: Salary required for Tier 1 Extension

Post by nks » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 am

I don't think so...only 'earned' income can be counted and not possible future income...

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 am

guruasis2012 wrote:Hi all,
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest that whether salaries taken in advance (instead of monthly options) WILL be considered as part of consecutive 12-month period earnings before application? This salary advance is offered by same company and they will be deducting partial amounts from my salary every month through rest of year, starting from the day the salary advance is credited to my account?
I'll be highly obliged.
I think what you are getting is only an advance (similar like loan) / not the earning. so may not be counted towards your earnings.

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Post by guruasis2012 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 am

Hi, What if it doesn't specifically appear as "Advance" on the Payslip or bank statement?

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:06 am

Hi,

How the tax deductions are shown in payslips / employers letter and bank ?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:04 am

How much your gross salary shown in the payslip, that amount you can consider as salary. the same amount will be shown to the HMRC for tax code and tax calculation. So you can max show that amount for your visa.

Regards,
Suresh

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 am

guruasis2012 wrote:Hi, What if it doesn't specifically appear as "Advance" on the Payslip or bank statement?
You will be questioned about the amount, for what it is being paid? unless your company lies and explains that its backpay or bonus you will not have a chance.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

mightypower wrote:
guruasis2012 wrote:Hi, What if it doesn't specifically appear as "Advance" on the Payslip or bank statement?
You will be questioned about the amount, for what it is being paid? unless your company lies and explains that its backpay or bonus you will not have a chance.
Hi,

If your company is so generous why don't you ask them to pay (whole years) advance as your one months salary and then you may work free for them for the rest of the periods this will serve your purpose. You may incur tax but it then be your earning (as long as mentioned on employers letter / tax records etc)

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Post by guruasis2012 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 am

Thank you everyone. If thats so then I may not be eligible for extension :|
1) Is there any other route for inside-UK application if salary is less than 20K?
2) Can any of you tell me that do my company have to comply with the rule that they need to give me minimum "appropriate" salary (quality assurance professional if my present role is considered or process engineer if my Masters education is considered) so as to apply for my Tier 2 (intra company) sponsorship?
3) And can I try applying for exceptional talent visa? Is the cap exhausted for this year?
Thanks again.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:23 am

guruasis2012 wrote:Thank you everyone. If thats so then I may not be eligible for extension :|

2) Can any of you tell me that do my company have to comply with the rule that they need to give me minimum "appropriate" salary (quality assurance professional if my present role is considered or process engineer if my Masters education is considered) so as to apply for my Tier 2 (intra company) sponsorship?

Thanks again.
No they can pay whatever they want as your earning. For the tier 2 i think min salary is 35K p.a for eligibility. Please correct someone if I am wrong.