ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waitingobserver

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by waitingobserver » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Final update.

My MP informed on 15-October-2014 my application was approved on 8-October-2014.

My council received my name in their register from the HO on Friday.

I booked my ceremony for next Thursday even though I didn't have the HO letter.

Today 22-October-2014 I got the brown envelope with approval date 9-October-2014. (yea 13 days to be delivered)

Basically this shows how straightforward the process is in general.

good luck to you all.

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi guys, I know you're waiting for positive replies here, that new posts should be related to new approvals. This is related to recent posts i.e. the lousy service of the Home Office.

After several failed attempts to getting an accurate update or any piece of information that is meaningful, I have reached the reasonable conclusion that the Home Office deliberately lies to all inquiries made in personal capacity and doesn't check properly before giving you the non-answer answers.

This is a big claim, I know. But I propose you guys carry out a simple check the next time you ring them to find out if their replies to you so far aren't standardised lies. The check is, deliberately change a digit or two in your application reference number and see what they'd say regarding the progress of your application and if they'd know anything about your application.

I say this because I have no doubt whatsoever that the people who replied to me on the email and on the phone haven't got the faintest idea of what's going on.
I share with you the following emails between me and them.

Dear Fats
Please check your email and you will find as shown below you asked about British citizenship which is quite different from British passport.
I am writing to request an update on the progress of my application for approval for British citizenship.
As we do not process passports in this Dept I’m afraid I’m not able to help you with your query.
Advice about the passport application process, and relevant forms, can be obtained at: http://www.gov.uk/british-passport-eligibility

or by calling Her Majesty’s Passport Office on 0300 222 0000. If outside the UK you should explore this option via the British High Commission in your locality.
Liverpool@HMPO.gsi.gov.uk

Regards,

AO8NW Correspondence team
Customer Service Operations
Home Office, UK Visas and Immigration

This is a reply I got a few moments ago to the following email of mine:

"Dear sir/madam
Regarding your email below [Thank you for your enquiry. Applications such as yours take at least six months processing time. Yours is now in queue for consideration and your caseworker should be in touch shortly. Regards,]
The information you have given me is wrong and this is not the first time.
If my inquiry had been taken seriously, dealt with appropriate care and you have bothered to check your own records before coming back to me, it would have become apparent that I am a British citizen now -- and indeed, in the process of applying for my first passport.
I find your customer service poor and unacceptable. Therefore, can you please explain to me why you have provided me with wrong information and whether you had carried out appropriate checks to ensure accuracy.
Regards,
Fats"

I don't claim to know a lot but as a drop-out law student I know what the HO is doing goes against Citizen's Charter and the wider polices introduced in 1990s to making every governmental department customer-orientated. The Home Office does none of the sort and their feeble Personal Information Charter (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter) doesn't cut the mustard and only pays lip service to the Charter.

This is the more reason for you to go to your MPs and never waste your time with the Home Office because it's not going to give you correct information and like in my case might keep sending you standardised replies after having had your app approved just to pretend they're doing anything useful or meaningful.

----

Below this is my final email to them:

Dear sir/madam
Thank you for your reply. It stands to reason you're trying to be helpful since you are replying back to me.

I wish to bring to your attention that I am fully aware of what I had sought your assistance with, though I couldn't possibly say as much for your department.

To repeat myself, I wanted an update on my then outstanding citizenship application.

This, approached with due care and professionalism, is not related to British passport.

Therefore, I find it bizarre for you to refer to it as if it were what I had sought your assistance with and not what I had referred to as a logically impossible stage for me to be at before having my citizenship application approved by you.

My reference to my being in the process of applying for my first British passport in my reply to your reply was to highlight to you the fact that my application for citizenship had been approval when I received your earlier email.

This practically means the content of your email on (below) -- that says my application for citizenship was in the queue for consideration; that the caseworker were to be in contact with me shorty -- was wrong information and as such, I expressed my dissatisfaction with your service.

I had received the approval letter a week before your earlier reply and by the time I got your email I have had my citizenship ceremony. I hope this is not very difficult for you to understand as I tried my best to make what is at issue and what is, in passing and thus, not.

I therefore request you apologise for giving wrong information. Please inform me what steps you will take to treat inquiries with due care and professionalism as you have so far failed to do so. I also would like to request you include, in your reply to this, information on filing a formal complaint to your department.

I look forward to receiving a reply that is germane and pertinent.

Kind regards
Fats
Last edited by Relatively Fat on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:47 pm

waitingobserver, glad your ordeal is well and truly. But do file a complaint for poor service against the Home Office.

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:03 pm

My mp havnt get back to me yet but i rang homeoffice today again guy said oh ur application is still in under consideration u still have 10 days to complete ur six months period they didnt write u anything i can see on the system so u shouldnt worry abt ur letter ...wat is he meant i dont understand ... Its clearly says on acknowledgement letter if we couldn't complete ur application in 6 months we ll write to u why...so i reckon i should receive my approval within 6 months timeframe...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 pm

I have the same feeling that they just randomly tell you whatever comes in their mind first. Mostly they try to use the logic that if you're calling then it means you haven't received your approval yet so it's safe to just tell you that it's under progress.

I have tried asking them when they received my application just to see if they indeed are looking at my file and not just making stuff up.
Relatively Fat wrote:Hi guys, I know you're waiting for positive replies here, that new posts should be related to new approvals. This is related to recent posts i.e. the lousy service of the Home Office.

After several failed attempts to getting an accurate update or any piece of information that is meaningful, I have reached the reasonable conclusion that the Home Office deliberately lies to all inquiries made in personal capacity and doesn't check properly before giving you the non-answer answers.

This is a big claim, I know. But I propose you guys carry out a simple check the next time you ring them to find out if their replies to you so far aren't standardised lies. The check is, deliberately change a digit or two in your application reference number and see what they'd say regarding the progress of your application and if they'd know anything about your application.

I say this because I have no doubt whatsoever that the people who replied to me on the email and on the phone haven't got the faintest idea of what's going on.
Goodluck.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I won't hold my breath on it tbh. Them telling you that you still have 10 days left just means that.
After you've gone past 6 months deadline they'll just tell you to write to naturalisation team and that's it. They won't book a call back or give you a new timescale.
Also, the way it's going nowdays it's pretty apparent that naturalisation team will not write to you themselves to tell you that you're application has been delayed. They're not at all sticking to their service standards and I am very charged and can't wait for my 6 months to pass so I can give them a piece of my mind.

king hassi wrote:My mp havnt get back to me yet but i rang homeoffice today again guy said oh ur application is still in under consideration u still have 10 days to complete ur six months period they didnt write u anything i can see on the system so u shouldnt worry abt ur letter ...wat is he meant i dont understand ... Its clearly says on acknowledgement letter if we couldn't complete ur application in 6 months we ll write to u why...so i reckon i should receive my approval within 6 months timeframe...
Goodluck.

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:11 pm

[iD] You are exactly right.

At the completion of my citizenship ceremony, the person who conducted me told me she would inform the Home Office I had effectively become a citizen.

Just to explain the significance of this a bit more, the mere fact of you getting your approval letter doesn't make you British, that's the half of the story, the other equally important half is completing your ceremony (at the end of which you receive your certificate). This second half is why your local authority is the party which dates your naturalisation certificate, not the Home Office. The HO only issues certificates, undated.

Once my ceremony is done, she told me, they'd ring the Home Office immediately to inform them of my new legal status as a British citizen and that should I wish to apply a passport I only had to wait for 2 hours until she informs the HO.

Now, my ceremony has happened a week and half ago. And if I wasn't going through a name change process, I would have applied for my British passport last Monday. Which means the HO must by now know I'm British by having been approved and completed the ceremony. I'm in possession of my certificate.

Then why did I just get this email from them HO?

"A decision has been made on your application but I’m not at liberty to disclose the outcome via email.

Your decision letter will be dispatched to you shortly.

Regards,"

No,no! There's no need to be extra helpful, Officer, and I should think it wonderfully wonderful of you to have bothered to reply and inform me of, er, a lot (!)

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Update Sheets.
Attachments
sheet21_2.PNG
sheet21_2.PNG (151.94 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
sheet21_1.PNG
sheet21_1.PNG (136.52 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Applied on 1st may 2014. still waiting . anybody else from may waiting like me...

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 pm

just check the month of august 2014 90% got approval recv so far.

But may 2014 as far Shaheen sheet 56% approval recv yet. 48 out of 76 56%. Why this discrimination :?: :?:

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:56 am

Hi,August got 85 applicants in timeline which just 7 people got approval and the rest of 79 yet waiting ,for sure u calculation of %90 of August approval isn't right,i applied in August and yet waiting with the other 77 people left..

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm

shaheen wrote:Update Sheets.
hi shaheen

please add me.

Date of application : 14 May 14
Acknowledgement received : 26 May 14
Approval : WAITINGG ------- :!: :!: :!: :!:
Nationality: Pak

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:30 am

Hi,

In 2012, 194,344 foreign citizens naturalised as British citizens, up from 177,878 in 2011 (www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk). It means 532 a day, less the 5% are follow this immigration forum. I’m talking abut in general, not only follow this page. :?

Anyway best of luck for every applicant for their successful approval. :D

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:Hi,August got 85 applicants in timeline which just 7 people got approval and the rest of 79 yet waiting ,for sure u calculation of %90 of August approval isn't right,i applied in August and yet waiting with the other 77 people left..

uroojabbas
Newly Registered

Post by uroojabbas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:33 am

Applied on the 14th of may...still waiting:( application was straight forward ive been living in UK for nearly 10 years and ive never gone anywhere out of country! Never been in trouble with the police ...I ring them every 2-3 weeks and always get told your application is still being considered :/ ...ive just checked people from January and February are still waiting ....should I I write to my local MP now or wait till its been 6 months ...:(

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Might as well, you got nothing to lose.
uroojabbas wrote:Applied on the 14th of may...still waiting:( application was straight forward ive been living in UK for nearly 10 years and ive never gone anywhere out of country! Never been in trouble with the police ...I ring them every 2-3 weeks and always get told your application is still being considered :/ ...ive just checked people from January and February are still waiting ....should I I write to my local MP now or wait till its been 6 months ...:(
Goodluck.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 am

Month of May approval getting very slow now. last approval was 09/10/14 rcv 22/10/14 in this immigration boards. :o

Still 27 application left, out of 76. as Shaheen sheet. lots of applicant just silently follow this boards, might be this number will be more then 27+.
Best of luck for every one. :? 8)

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 am

For those that emailed their MP any word yet. I have just phoned mine. All I can do is wait now. 4days before the six months are up. HO still giving standard reply. We r the forgotten ones.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am

Hi all,

There is no need to wait, contact your MP as soon as possible

as I have contacted mines weeks ago and she is struggling to get an answer from HO

I suspect there is a big backlog, the only way to speed things up is if more and more people contact their MP

Good luck guys,

If anyone else have receive an update from MP please share

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:49 am

Dont worry murphy1? I got same reply today after 5 minutes argu bloke gave me postal address of Liverpool homeoffice nd email adress u might heard abt it start with further enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk...something like this he said only they can tell u abt ur application i got 4 days left as well my mp is still waiting to get reply from homeoffice as well lets see wat ll happen this is our last match with homeoffice i thought we r playing 1day cricket but its a test match ...der is nothing much we can do but wait....

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm not sure if I can even call this a test match. It's slightly longer than that lol.
I've contacted my me a couple of weeks ago. She came back to me yesterday to say that I forgot to mention my date of birth and current nationality (silly me).
Now that I have provided her with that info, I'm hoping that she will get a concrete answer from home office but I'm not holding my breath tbh, I'm pretty sure that the answer that she will get will be along the lines of "we carry out extended checks blah blah blah takes longer than 6 months blah blah blah".
Goodluck.

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 pm

All Please post your nationality so that we can understand in this is the issue!!

Mine is Pak

uroojabbas
Newly Registered

Post by uroojabbas » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Mine is pakistani

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi all,

There is no need to wait, contact your MP as soon as possible

as I have contacted mines weeks ago and she is struggling to get an answer from HO

I suspect there is a big backlog, the only way to speed things up is if more and more people contact their MP

Good luck guys,

If anyone else have receive an update from MP please share

Yeah I sent mine to my MP and he also has sent the enquiry to home office and waiting for their replay.
Mine 6 months completing on 7th Nov.Let's see what home office says...

phadrian
Newly Registered

Post by phadrian » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Still waiting here as well (since 12/5).
What information did you provide when you contacted your MP?

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:47 pm

I dispatched my recorded delivery letter to homeoffice today lets see wat they reply ...i spoke to my lawyer he said they r taking long deliberately now a days ur mp ll follow up they ll definitely reply to ur mp but der is no timeframe wen they ll reply nd no point to take stress bcz u got indefinite leave to remain to uk u got same rights as British citizens does so sut back nd wait they ll send it to u ....but der is no time frame set...