ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal Conviction 18 yrs ago-Can I use the Premium Serv.?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mark61
Newly Registered

Criminal Conviction 18 yrs ago-Can I use the Premium Serv.?

Post by Mark61 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello all,

I am not very accomplished at this and don’t understand the jargon well and certainly not the acronyms. Please write out the meaning of the acronym the first time you use it – so I have a reasonable chance at understanding your answers. My Questions:

1. I arrived in the UK on a Tier 2 Visa. About 1.5 years later, I got married to a Brit. I have not overstayed by Tier 2 visa, it extends to 2016. Am I correct in my understanding that to transfer status from Tier 2, I should use the form FLR(M)? And what does that mean F_____ Leave to Remain (M)? What do the F and M standing for?

2. IMPORTANT: I want to use the Premium Service but I read this under people who should NOT use the Premium Service (at this website: https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service): “someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances (eg you have a criminal conviction).”
a. I have a criminal conviction, 18 years ago, in the USA for Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol).
b. My British wife thinks that this ancient criminal conviction (it is criminal in the USA) is not sufficient to warrant that my “case is complex because of personal circumstances (eg you have a criminal conviction).”
c. It seems clear to me that since I have a criminal conviction, even though it is 18 years ago, that I fall into this group.

What do you think? And, my wife will want evidence so can you cite a web page I can show her please?

Thanks all for your understanding and help.

Your quick response would be greatly appreciated,

Mark

batleykhan

Re: Criminal Conviction 18 yrs ago-Can I use the Premium Ser

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am

Mark61 wrote:Hello all,

I am not very accomplished at this and don’t understand the jargon well and certainly not the acronyms. Please write out the meaning of the acronym the first time you use it – so I have a reasonable chance at understanding your answers. My Questions:

1. I arrived in the UK on a Tier 2 Visa. About 1.5 years later, I got married to a Brit. I have not overstayed by Tier 2 visa, it extends to 2016. Am I correct in my understanding that to transfer status from Tier 2, I should use the form FLR(M)? And what does that mean F_____ Leave to Remain (M)? What do the F and M standing for?

F= stands for Further ( Further Leave to Remain.........M is used for settlement purposes

2. IMPORTANT: I want to use the Premium Service but I read this under people who should NOT use the Premium Service (at this website: https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service): “someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances (eg you have a criminal conviction).”
a. I have a criminal conviction, 18 years ago, in the USA for Driving Under the Influence (of alcohol).
b. My British wife thinks that this ancient criminal conviction (it is criminal in the USA) is not sufficient to warrant that my “case is complex because of personal circumstances (eg you have a criminal conviction).”
c. It seems clear to me that since I have a criminal conviction, even though it is 18 years ago, that I fall into this group.

Personally I dont think it will matter as its a long time ago, but may well depend on the mood the officer who is going to see you on the day

What do you think? And, my wife will want evidence so can you cite a web page I can show her please?

Thanks all for your understanding and help.

Your quick response would be greatly appreciated,

Mark