ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 - Section 4 and 5

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Subtle

Form MN1 - Section 4 and 5

Post by Subtle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:45 pm

It would be very kind if someone can explain this.

I am looking to register a 10 months old child.

Section 4 says "This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over". I presume the section includes the following section starting with question 4.5 in Personal History. (I know if would be daft even to tick "no" to a question asking if the child has ever been convicted of any crime) So I can safely skip all of Section 4 because the child is only 10 months old.

Section 5: With all these eligibility criteria, I feel that it would be quite offensive to ask a "health worker" if she has committed any criminal offence in her last 10 years or so. This section just doesn't feel appropriate for a 10 month old child. Can anyone please confirm if this "must" be filled in.

Thanks for your efforts.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Form MN1 - Section 4 and 5

Post by go2khurram » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Subtle wrote:It would be very kind if someone can explain this.

I am looking to register a 10 months old child.

Section 4 says "This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over". I presume the section includes the following section starting with question 4.5 in Personal History. (I know if would be daft even to tick "no" to a question asking if the child has ever been convicted of any crime) So I can safely skip all of Section 4 because the child is only 10 months old.

Whole section 4 ( from 4.1 to 4.18) does not apply for a child under 10

Section 5: With all these eligibility criteria, I feel that it would be quite offensive to ask a "health worker" if she has committed any criminal offence in her last 10 years or so. This section just doesn't feel appropriate for a 10 month old child. Can anyone please confirm if this "must" be filled in.
I don't think it would be offensive to ask, but anyway it would be referee's responsbility to read the form before sign it , but you highlight the referees requirement and ask him/her to read before sign. Even for 1 day baby you have to fill the section 5

Thanks for your efforts.
*please do not take this as professional advice**