ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 pm

nilemarques wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Greetings forum family,
Hope i find you all well and in good health and awaiting that early Christmas present. Shout out to you all. You know who you are. Just a quick update on my app.

Since i withdrew my JR, I hadn't heard from them( you know who they are) until a few days ago requesting further documents. I have sent those documents and hopefully they will come up with a decision so that i can get on with my life as their agreed date for reconsideration is getting near. But knowing the amoebas, anything is possible. Maybe i'm being too optimistic. Trying to squeeze blood from a stone!! Lol!!

Stay Blessed

Nilemarques, the day of reckoning is here... A queen sized turkey is needed with some azonto music to kick off the party scene. You have won the war by Gods grace and can't wait to rejoice with you my friend.
@bsmith13. Thank you my friend. I truly hope so.

@Dapsonlee.. Lol!! Yes, that would be the ultimate plan with a bit of skelewu to top it all up!! Hahaha. I dunno, whilst i have 100% faith in God's work, you just can't trust the amoebas. I'm still traumatized by their refusal the last time they requested further evidence and i don't trust or like them at all. I havd to take everything from them with a pinch of salt.

I totally agree with you nilemarques, most especially with the scandal brewing from Westminster these days on immigration, you never know what these amoebas have up their sleeves. But I know that everyday we wake up is a day closer to freedom.

Godstime80
Newly Registered

Post by Godstime80 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi everyone, Got 30months residence permit based on bc fiance and daughter. have a quick question to ask. BRP stated that no right to public fund. my fiance have been on housing list for couple of years and she just got offer a very nice house better than where we are now(very small and abit expensive). what will happen if she accept the offer and can i move in with them.
any info will be appreciated

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:23 am

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family,
Hope i find you all well and in good health and awaiting that early Christmas present. Shout out to you all. You know who you are. Just a quick update on my app.

Since i withdrew my JR, I hadn't heard from them( you know who they are) until a few days ago requesting further documents. I have sent those documents and hopefully they will come up with a decision so that i can get on with my life as their agreed date for reconsideration is getting near. But knowing the amoebas, anything is possible. Maybe i'm being too optimistic. Trying to squeeze blood from a stone!! Lol!!

Stay Blessed[/quote]

Nilemarques, the day of reckoning is here... A queen sized turkey is needed with some azonto music to kick off the party scene. You have won the war by Gods grace and can't wait to rejoice with you my friend.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee.. Lol!! Yes, that would be the ultimate plan with a bit of skelewu to top it all up!! Hahaha. I dunno, whilst i have 100% faith in God's work, you just can't trust the amoebas. I'm still traumatized by their refusal the last time they requested further evidence and i don't trust or like them at all. I havd to take everything from them with a pinch of salt.[/quote]

I totally agree with you nilemarques, most especially with the scandal brewing from Westminster these days on immigration, you never know what these amoebas have up their sleeves. But I know that everyday we wake up is a day closer to freedom.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee. True dat my friend. Well, I guess only time will tell.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:49 am

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family,

Stay Blessed[/quote]

Nilemarques, the day of reckoning is here... A queen sized turkey is needed with some azonto music to kick off the party scene. You have won the war by Gods grace and can't wait to rejoice with you my friend.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee.. Lol!! Yes, that would be the ultimate plan with a bit of skelewu to top it all up!! Hahaha. I dunno, whilst i have 100% faith in God's work, you just can't trust the amoebas. I'm still traumatized by their refusal the last time they requested further evidence and i don't trust or like them at all. I havd to take everything from them with a pinch of salt.[/quote]

I totally agree with you nilemarques, most especially with the scandal brewing from Westminster these days on immigration, you never know what these amoebas have up their sleeves. But I know that everyday we wake up is a day closer to freedom.[/quote]

@Dapsonlee. True dat my friend. Well, I guess only time will tell.[/quote]

Hi Everybody

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh Nile! I pray this is the turning point for you.
Keeping you in my prayers. ...

nilemarques wrote:Greetings forum family,

Stay Blessed
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Hello forum family. ...Trusting everyone is well.

Congrats ma logo!
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Godstime80 wrote:Hi everyone, Got 30months residence permit based on bc fiance and daughter. have a quick question to ask. BRP stated that no right to public fund. my fiance have been on housing list for couple of years and she just got offer a very nice house better than where we are now(very small and abit expensive). what will happen if she accept the offer and can i move in with them.
Errm as long as it's nt in ur name you are fine mate but make sure u have a bill on the house dts all

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:26 am

omobajay wrote:
Godstime80 wrote:Hi everyone, Got 30months residence permit based on bc fiance and daughter. have a quick question to ask. BRP stated that no right to public fund. my fiance have been on housing list for couple of years and she just got offer a very nice house better than where we are now(very small and abit expensive). what will happen if she accept the offer and can i move in with them.
Errm as long as it's nt in ur name you are fine mate but make sure u have a bill on the house dts all
I would concur. I dont see any problem with this. Get bills sent to the new house, you will be needing it for another 10 years (I am assuming you were put on the 10 year path to settlement).

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:50 am

[quote="ThisYear"]Oh Nile! I pray this is the turning point for you.
Keeping you in my prayers. ...

[quote="nilemarques"]Greetings forum family,

Stay Blessed[/quote][/quote]

@Thisyear. Good to hear from you and thank you for popping by to check on us. Thanks for the prayers. I'm humbled.
Stay Blessed

corasson

Post by corasson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

hi family boards and happy sunday.
bless you everyone.

i believe i belongs to this board.

flr fp(5 years parent route) through sollicitor

date applied 15 sep 2014
aknowledgement letter recieved 19 sep
Payement taken 19 sep
letter for biometric written on 23 sep
received on 03 oct 2014
biometric done 03 oct
second request for biometric 09 oct
second biometric done on the 14 oct
Decision waiting
Documents return waiting
Brp waiting

Good luck to everyone who is waiting decision and me

favour

Post by favour » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:17 pm

[quote][color=#FFBF40][quote="Al Haqq"]Hello everyone,

First, congratulations to all those who have been granted, won their appeals and received their BRP. Enjoy your Visa Stress Free Life.

Secondly, a brief overview of what happens in court.

No Lawyer (First Tier)
This is actually my own personal situation because I could not afford a lawyer.
The the clerk informed me that they would only question me and not my children because they were all minors (the three of them went for the hearing with me). The eldest was 17.

1. I actually questioned this decision on the day and the court clerk informed me that normally they would not question minors, however if I insist they would do this. She further explained that the situation may be too stressful for the children and sometimes children end up saying things that are contrary to the parents. (MY OPINION- I DO NOT THINK THE PRESENCE OF THE CHILDREN IN THE COURT ROOM MAKE ANY POSITIVE IMPACT - A friend who went with all hers and thought that the way the children behave in court has positively influenced the judge- the appeal was refused. Another friend her son above 18 said something contrary to what she said) although while looking for advices before the date I was told to take all the children. I took my children but they did not go into the court room. The judge acknowledged there presence.

2. When I entered the court room, I was told to sit in a chair opposite the Presiding Judge the HO solicitor was to my left (diagonal) and the court clerk was sat (diagonal)in front of the Judge. No more than this people

3. I had a ll the copies of the documents in front of me (I actually had a big folder which I opened in front of me and flicked through when responding my statement was also in front of me) so to answer the question whether you are allowed to read you statement, YES you are allowed, because the judge will ask you if there is anything you want to say,why you think you should be granted. I had my my statements so that I do not forget things that I wanted to say.

4. If you are someone who gets tongue tied or anxious, the best option is to read your statement.so that you do not leave /forget important things you what tp tell the jugde or call his/her attention to.

5. You are the one in this situation, therefore you are the best one to speak for yourself.

6. Most of my cross examination was carried out by the judge because the HO sol kept on saying he had no questions for me until the very end.

7. Prepare reasonable answers for questions that can be raised .Fr instance, the judge asked why I do not want to return to my country- I responded that I would have loved to but I have left there a while back although I grew up there and spent a long time there, but most of my friends have equally migrated here and others to other countries(note I provided letters from friends) I then concluded my answer by stating that my children has been here for the length of time, although the first two were not born here the youngest one knows no other home. I emphasized that when he went on holiday to my home country wanted to come back his request was I want to go back Home he did not say England. I then told the judge that although I am the applicant but the right for that leave should be considered based on my children because it is no longer about me but about them.

8. I also know that they do say do not send new evidence, please if you discovered something new that will support your case them prepare it and send it with a note explaining why you did not send it earlier. Even if it only on you cour day prepare several copies to hand to both the HO sol. and the judge.

9If you are using any evidence please make sure you can back it up. do not contradict yourself.

10. The judge will ask you questions based on what you have provided although this may lead on to other questions. e.g. The only question the HO sol asked me was why would I not take my kids back to study in my country, I answered that yes I would love to but the quality was far below what they have enjoyed here though the systems are similar. Based on my answer the judge said, Why can you not teach them yourself? you are a qualified teacher. I responded that I would love to do that, but I have no landed property, no savings and it would be very very hard to get a job, and this may cause irreparable damages to my children's ....

11. suggestions
- It is a daunting situation especially before you attend however the environment itself is not too daunting
- Prepare by being as relaxed and calm as possible
- Remember the Judge is a HUMAN BEING like you, he / she just happen to be the one favoured with that position
- Keep your mind at ease by knowing that it is either a yes /no although we hope it is a yes but remember the prepare for both.
- If you are scared in the court smile at the court clerk for reassurance.

12. PRAY.

IF YOU HAVE A LAWYER, he would do most of the questioning however you will still be given the opportunity to make a statement. MY OPINION -it is not the lawyer that is in the situation it is you so if he tells you there is no need to say you statement in the court ask him/ her if there is a law against it, if not let the judge here from you.
I apologise if this is all over the place I just need to put in a few words :D for those worried about the court issues.

I hope this helps and not stress.[/quote]
[/color][/quote]

Hello All,
Despite all the kind and supportive words given by the kind people of this forum, and my trust in God.I still found myself very scared as the appeal date approached.
But to cut a long story short and to give all glory to God, we had a text from our lawyer around 2pm a day before to confirm that the appeal, scheduled for the following day has been adjourned. We do not know when the new date will be yet.
Note, we only sent our bundle exactly 6 working days before the appeal.(as advised by the lawyer).

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:22 am

i honestly do not know what to do next, i have sent almost all the documents in my house to these people and yet they are just sitting on them, flp fr..10 years, wife on settled and British child,applied since end of June a bit less than 2 years but now 2 years and they have requested for all documents they can including DNA which i have given them for over a month now and yet my application is just there i called yesterday and a;ll they could tell me is the status is NOT YET COMPLETED.. i have sent 2 letters in recent weeks to Caseworker since my lawyer is such a mistake had i known i would never have used him, any idea what else to try guys?
am sorry if it sounds like am complaining but just fed up of their gimmicks they seem to like to show their powers...

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi
Congratulation those who got visa and blessing those who are waiting for grant.
Any body have any clue that UT has allowed appeal and HO granted Leave to Remain (30 months) under 7 years continuous residency of child below 18 years (rule 276ADE (iv) where parent are overstayed. Any one know about any published Judgement, specially Nilemarques, dapsonlee, Believe2013. Thanks

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 am

[quote="shareen24h"]Hi
Congratulation those who got visa and blessing those who are waiting for grant.
Any body have any clue that UT has allowed appeal and HO granted Leave to Remain (30 months) under 7 years continuous residency of child below 18 years (rule 276ADE (iv) where parent are overstayed. Any one know about any published Judgement, specially Nilemarques, dapsonlee, Believe2013. Thanks[/quote]

@Shareen24h. Best thing would be to search on below link :

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov.uk/utiac

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks Nile to provide the useful links.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:52 pm

FYI people. Please take some time to read the major adjustments on the forms.........
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pdf#page52
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:58 am

Hi all its been a long while i have posted on this forum...a few of you might still remember me on here....e.g verbz, daponslee and i think a few others.

I got a one stop notice and additional statement form sent to me..If i remember correctly daponslee you received this some time ago...please let me know what you did and if you have heard back from them
Godgives

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 am

Hello my forum family!! Its been an incredible journey for me and my family. Will update you at the end of the day!! I have some good news to share.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 am

GodGives wrote:Hi all its been a long while i have posted on this forum...a few of you might still remember me on here....e.g verbz, daponslee and i think a few others.

I got a one stop notice and additional statement form sent to me..If i remember correctly daponslee you received this some time ago...please let me know what you did and if you have heard back from them

Hello GodGives, good to hear from you again. I have sent you a PM.

@Nilemarques I feel so joyful already... :-)

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:31 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir![/quote]

@ Believe, Dapsonlee, Kukuwife and all my beloved forum family, i would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for all the support during my struggle.

I can now safely say that i took the bull by the horns and made a few burgers and t/bone steaks out of it. Lol!!!

Background to the issue is that i called the amoebas yesterday and they told me that a package is on it's way to myself via 2nd class. To be honest, i didn't sleep the entire night. In the morning, postie time, the doorbell rang and a courier delivered some envelopes for me. Lo and behold , the BRP arrived before the decision.

I am so grateful to the Almighty for keeping his promise to me and he has fulfilled that promise. I thank you all my brothers and sisters for the love and support throughout the struggle. I know the struggle for some of my forum family still continues but when an injustice becomes law, resistance surely becomes a duty. Please don't give up.

The amoebas gave me the usual 30 months but i don't have any restrictions, so essence i have recourse to public funds.

I don't know what to say but i would like to thank you all my forum family for the love and the advice that you have given me.
Last edited by nilemarques on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="Believe2013"]Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir![/quote]

@ Believe, Dapsonlee, Kukuwife, Rina, Lily123 and all my beloved forum family, i would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for all the support during my struggle.

I can now safely say that i took the bull by the horns and made a few burgers and t/bone steaks out of it. Lol!!!

Background to the issue is that i called the amoebas yesterday and they told me that post is on my way to myself via 2nd class. To be honest, i didn't sleep the entire night. In the morning, postie time, the doorbell rang and a courier delivered some envelopes for me. Lo and behold , the BRP arrived before the decision.

I am so grateful to the Almighty for keeping his promise to me and he has fulfilled that promise. I thank you all my brothers and sisters for the love and support throughout the struggle. I know the struggle for some of my forum family still continues but when an injustice becomes law, resistance surely becomes a duty. Please don't give up.

The amoebas gave me the usual 30 months but i don't have any restrictions, so in essence i have recourse to public funds.

I don't know what to say but i would like to thank you all my forum family for the love and the advice that you have given me.[/quote]
Last edited by nilemarques on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

winners

Post by winners » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:48 pm

nilemarques wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir!
@ Believe, Dapsonlee, Kukuwife, Rina, Lily123 and all my beloved forum family, i would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for all the support during my struggle.

Background to the issue is that i called the amoebas yesterday and they told me that post is on my way to myself via 2nd class. To be honest, i didn't sleep the entire night. In the morning, postie time, the doorbell rang and a courier delivered some envelopes for me. Lo and behold , the BRP arrived before the decision.

The amoebas gave me the usual 30 months but i don't have any restrictions, so essence i have recourse to public funds.

Am so happy for you and your family

You had fought a good fight

Congratulations

If I may ask Did your child that was born here has he clocked 10 yrs old as at the dated of this decision and he registered as Bc?

Thanks

I don't know what to say but i would like to thank you all my forum family for the love and the advice that you have given me.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:49 pm

[quote="nilemarques"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="Believe2013"]Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir![/quote]

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Advance congrats Nile Marques. I am extremely excited for you and your family sir!
@ Believe, Dapsonlee, Kukuwife and all my beloved forum family, i would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for all the support during my struggle.

I always knew things would end this way for you. We thank him for it all.. :D :D I wish you and your family nothing but happiness.
Your christmas just came early and what a present.