ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you renew Exceptional Talent visas twice?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lillyb
Newly Registered

Can you renew Exceptional Talent visas twice?

Post by lillyb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 am

Hi everyone,

I obtained an exceptional talent visa valid from May 3 2013 valid until Sept 3 2015 but only entered on Sept 30 2013.

I'll be extending this year for two years.

My question is -- I was really stupid and didn't realise I needed to enter the UK in 90 days and delayed my entry too long. When my two year extension runs out, I'm presuming Sept 3 2017, I will probably not be able to apply immediately for ILR since I will have a shortfall of 27 days in the 5 year residency requirement.

Can I extend the Exceptional Talent another 2 years to give myself time to apply for ILR?

I have heard you can apply 28 days before the 5 year residency requirement comes up but that is really cutting it close, and my employer is very strict about checking my work visa to make sure every day is accounted for.

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Can you renew Exceptional Talent visas twice?

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 am

Your next extension is based on scoring 75 points. Will you be in a position to claim 75 points (as defined on page 2 in Appendix A of the immigration rules)?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf

lillyb
Newly Registered

Re: Can you renew Exceptional Talent visas twice?

Post by lillyb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:20 am

Many thanks for that.
Yes, I've been earning money in my field and no the academy that endorsed me hasn't withdrawn their endorsement so I hope I'll be OK. I suppose what it means though is I'll be spending 1000+ pounds on the second extension application fee, when I could have just applied directly for ILR if I had entered the UK sooner, i.e. within three months after my Exceptional Talent visa was approved.