ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vijay.pailla

British Passport

Post by Vijay.pailla » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 am

Hello

I have been granted British citizenship last month and now applying for British passport

Can anyone please let me know regarding the counter signatory..

Is it compulsory that the person signing for you should know you for 2yrs..or is that ok if he know you from 1.5yrs..

Please help me out with this point.

Thanks
Vijay.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: British Passport

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:18 am

If it says two years, it's two years.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:57 am

Basic mathematics .... 2 is not equal to 1.5 :)

Although they have no way of verifying how long you know the person for I would urge you not to misrepresent because for the first passport they take your interview and the interviewers are well trained to figure out these things. They ask you about the countersignatory and how you know them and they can also cross question.
The best and the easiest thing for you is to find a countersignatory who actually knows you for 2+ years. 2 years 1 day is fine. Also you dont have to be friends with them, they just need to know your face. Ask your HR dept if you work in a company and they will find someone for you.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Ha ha quite funny.. you are British atleast now follow rules.

Dont know what is your orginal nationality but this question speaks a lot about what you may or may not do ? If there is a rule that needs to be followed not changed or assumed... :)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm

vivdubes wrote:Ha ha quite funny.. you are British atleast now follow rules.

Dont know what is your orginal nationality but this question speaks a lot about what you may or may not do ? If there is a rule that needs to be followed not changed or assumed... :)
Let's not be judgemental about nationality or origin.

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

British Passport

Post by neverbackdown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 pm

hi folks,

looking for some advise here.
i just got naturalised and will have my Citizenship ceremony tomorrow. As part of British Passport application process, i assume i have to attend an interview. i was looking for some general questions being asked during interview and one of them is about DOB for my parents. this info has not been consisten and i cant remember what dates i provided as my parents DOB as part of my ILR application. can you please adivse if this could be an issue or they will only verify the dates from the DOB i will put on British Passport application form?

please advise

thanks & Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

neverbackdown wrote:hi folks,

i just got naturalised and will have my Citizenship ceremony tomorrow. As part of British Passport application process, i assume i have to attend an interview. i was looking for some general questions being asked during interview and one of them is about DOB for my parents. this info has not been consisten and i cant remember what dates i provided as my parents DOB as part of my ILR application. can you please adivse if this could be an issue or they will only verify the dates from the DOB i will put on British Passport application form?

please advise

thanks & Regards
Surely you know your parents' DOB?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Post by neverbackdown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Wanderer wrote:
neverbackdown wrote:hi folks,

please advise

thanks & Regards
Surely you know your parents' DOB?
hi thanks for coming back and yes i do know DOB for my Parnets but as i said earlier my Parents NIC cards from our contry of Origin had a different date from what they use to tell us and now i cant remember whcih one i have used?
i guess another way of asking the question would be for what purpose Parent's DOB is used during Passport interview?

cheers

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

It is a very common thing in third world countries where folks who were born before 1950s to not know their actual DOB. People used to have just year they were born on their IDs. It was only until last 15 or 20 years ago when they started putting the actual date and where date was not known, first of January along with actual year was used. My folks had the same on their passports.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:50 pm

neverbackdown wrote:
hi thanks for coming back and yes i do know DOB for my Parnets but as i said earlier my Parents NIC cards from our contry of Origin had a different date from what they use to tell us and now i cant remember whcih one i have used?
i guess another way of asking the question would be for what purpose Parent's DOB is used during Passport interview?

cheers
Did you not retain any copy of previous application? Always a good idea to keep a copy. I forgot to do mine and only remembered when NCS was copying my form so I just took the pictures of whole form.

neverbackdown
Newly Registered

Post by neverbackdown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

akhurshid wrote:
neverbackdown wrote:

cheers
Did you not retain any copy of previous application? Always a good idea to keep a copy. I forgot to do mine and only remembered when NCS was copying my form so I just took the pictures of whole form.
yeah i regret that now. i should have taken a note of that info at least but not sure what can i do now. Dont want to creat any confusion during the interview:( please advise

kris_g
Newly Registered

Post by kris_g » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi

Please help in filling UK passport application. Almost everything is filled and stuck at section 10 (Countersignature). Person who is countersigning asked if he has to enter my name in a row which says "I confirm that I have known the person named in section 2, or in the case of a child , the adult filling in section 9 (insert their name)". This is for a first adult passport. Even I am confused whether name of the adult has to be entered or can be left blank as it is a adult application.

Please help..