ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

juansmith007

Re: April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 am

sangram wrote:GOOD NEWS
Finally got the approval letter as well as the invitation for ceremony from Manchester council (5th of November) today
Thanks every one on this great forum
congrats sangram!! good for you.

i applied the same day so hope i get same news soon!

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 am

emfrench wrote:Hi Marie1981 and all,
Just wondering if you are all EEA nationals without Residence card? If so, there seems to be a large backlog of applications for EEA Nationals without ILR, gathering information from other forums...
I applied in June so I don't expect my answer anytime soon...
So frustrating !
Marie1981 wrote:Also waiting, waiting on a reply from my MP also, he's written to the home office but they've had no response yet!
What to do?
that is my case, i am EEA without Residence Card... and still waiting, almost 7 months later

phadrian
Newly Registered

Post by phadrian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:12 pm

same here, EEA national waiting since 12 May

emfrench
Newly Registered

Post by emfrench » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 pm

phadrian wrote:same here, EEA national waiting since 12 May
Hi juansmith007, phadrian, and all other EEA national without residence card still waiting... Did you all write to MP (as it has been over 6 months for you) ? or issue a complaint about the delay ? What was the reply if any ?
I think it is not acceptable that our applications are being put on hold for so long without explanations, considering we are all paying the same fee!!

What can we do about it?

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Council contacted me to say we have the paper and ceremony booked for 17th November!!!
So happy!!!!!!! :D
Jordan nationality!

bubulinea
Newly Registered

Post by bubulinea » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Hey Marie, first of all grats :) I have my ceremony on the 17th as well. Just wanted to ask if it's in Hatfield by any chance

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 pm

emfrench wrote:
phadrian wrote:same here, EEA national waiting since 12 May
Hi juansmith007, phadrian, and all other EEA national without residence card still waiting... Did you all write to MP (as it has been over 6 months for you) ? or issue a complaint about the delay ? What was the reply if any ?
I think it is not acceptable that our applications are being put on hold for so long without explanations, considering we are all paying the same fee!!

What can we do about it?
My application was submitted 7 April so 6 months were due on 7 October.
- I called on the 8th October, asked for a call back, they said they would call me back in 48 hours.
- after 48 hours i called and the person I spoke to said the request for a callback had not even been logged in the system and that why did I want a callback given I was already speaking to them! and that they would not give me a call back.
- I read in a post above that best is to make a complaint so i did that. Complaint is 20 working days wait. I can't remember exact date but wasn't long after the 7 October (maybe 1 week later).

They still haven't got back to me on the complaint. i call them and they say that 20 working days is about 1 month in calendar days and that that it is only as a guide... I think I should have just written to MP but I thought I'd wait for the 20 working days period on the complaint letter to finish first. I have very little hope of receiving any answer soon on my complaint and from other fellow forum members it doesn't seem MP is yielding any results either.

I think the process is disgraceful. I can understand they take longer than 6 months, even though it seems to me like a very long time. What I don't understand is how their service and communication is so poor.

I guess we just wait??????

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Marie1981 wrote:Council contacted me to say we have the paper and ceremony booked for 17th November!!!
So happy!!!!!!! :D
Jordan nationality!
wow! Congrats Marie1981!

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I got question some people say wen u call ho nd if they say they sent u letter but they cant tell us the decision bcz they cant see wats in the letter than how come lady told me today they sent u letter nd it says its over six months now nd ur application still in progress...... Can plz any1 clarify?

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi Juansmith007
God bless you all and hopefully you will get the good news very soon.

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 pm

The people who got thier approvals after 6 months nd half die u guys get any letters from ho says ur application ll delay something like dat plz let me knw thanks

juansmith007

Post by juansmith007 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 am

king hassi wrote:The people who got thier approvals after 6 months nd half die u guys get any letters from ho says ur application ll delay something like dat plz let me knw thanks
I never got any letter from the HO which said that the application was going to take longer than 6 month.

CaptainChapondo
Newly Registered

Post by CaptainChapondo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:50 am

Hi,

How many people are still waiting? I am still waiting and i have just emailed the MP on Monday the 9th to help me chase it up.

Date applied 10 April 2014

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 pm

I am sorry to say, but do not pin high hope on Mp's as they will receive standard replies from the HO customer service, saying checks have not been completed and they cannot give answer unless all checks are completed. Therefore, it is a vicious cycle which can continue for a long time.

RobyDream
Newly Registered

Post by RobyDream » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi,

I have applied on 03/04/2014 and until now I have not heard anything. Every time I call them, they said under consideration.
Can somebody please advise me what to do?

thanks

RobyDream
Newly Registered

Post by RobyDream » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

It seems that many are in the same situation! it is really annoying and I believe we need to forget about it.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm

RobyDream wrote:It seems that many are in the same situation! it is really annoying and I believe we need to forget about it.
Because 6 months passed u have a right to write to them and ask for explanation ..do that...

RobyDream
Newly Registered

Post by RobyDream » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:14 pm

I called them today and the man answered me advised to do so.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm

RobyDream wrote:I called them today and the man answered me advised to do so.

Then do it ASAP...at least can be the little reminder to them and show them u not gone sit aside and waiting for they're unjustefied processesing system which doesn't make sense at all,someone who applied 2 months after me in October got approval today but u or me who waited 6&3 months yet waiting...can I ask what's ur nationality..this year they keep people from middle east and Pakistan far longer in lots of cases,which I can't figure it out why..I'm from Persia(Iran) in middle east and I knw at least another 10 people from Iran who's waiting from January up to May who's waiting and didn't heard noting..

CaptainChapondo
Newly Registered

Post by CaptainChapondo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi guys

They replied me after i involved the MP and it looks like im up for som waiting time which i dont mind as long as they return my other documents. I am going to request my documents today. Here is the reply that i got.

Customer Service Operations
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
6th Floor
Liverpool
L3 9PP

17 November 2014

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your email correspondence of 21 October about your application for naturalisation as a British citizen submitted on 10 April.
I am sorry that it is taking longer than we would wish for your application to be processed and that you feel our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Our service standard is that we will complete 100% of cases within six months. Where further information is required the case may take longer to decide. Further information is available on the following link: http://www.gov.uk/government/organisati ... r-services.

Prior to making a decision on British Citizenship we undertake various checks. We are currently undertaking further checks to establish if all the requirements for citizenship are met in your case.
We will endeavour to finalise your application at the earliest opportunity, and will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. I can assure you that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may wish to seek a review in writing within one month from the date on this letter to the following address:

UKV&I Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

We are grateful for the comments received in your correspondence and are committed to treating all complaints seriously and improving the service we deliver. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As we value your feedback, please enter the following link into an internet browser to access a brief anonymous survey to help us improve our service to you:

www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/108101SAHVL.

Yours sincerely

Miss XXXXX

Customer Service Operations

guesttt
Newly Registered

Post by guesttt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:37 pm

I've been waiting for nearly 7 months so far. Contacted a solicitor today who advised me that they have a number of naturalisation applications 6 months + and it is believed to be due to HO backlog. So their 100% target and "we are still making checks" is complete bollocks. They are clearly behind with applications.

RobyDream
Newly Registered

Post by RobyDream » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi,
I have sent the HO a letter on Friday the 21st November.
I am Egyptian and one day when I called them to ask about my case, the officer replied that they have backlog but they are trying to sort this out before Christmas. So I assume those, like me, who are waiting for more than 6 month might hear by Christmas. Let's hope for that. Good luck for all

ARIFUR81
Newly Registered

Post by ARIFUR81 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 pm

I called HO this morning, again with a standrad reply still in consedaration. Its been over 7.5 months since i applied, my MP wrote to them and they have it in their record in reply to my MP's inquary they have said excatly same as one of the comments above. Really furstrating when you can see people who applied august, september getting approval letter. I guess wait and pry for the positive outcome, good luck everyone who is still waiting from April2014

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF THE APPLICATION IS 3 MONTHS PREMETURE?

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:46 pm

guesttt wrote:I've been waiting for nearly 7 months so far. Contacted a solicitor today who advised me that they have a number of naturalisation applications 6 months + and it is believed to be due to HO backlog. So their 100% target and "we are still making checks" is complete bollocks. They are clearly behind with applications.
how can this be due to backlog if they are currently approving applications made in September and October...?

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:46 pm

guesttt wrote:I've been waiting for nearly 7 months so far. Contacted a solicitor today who advised me that they have a number of naturalisation applications 6 months + and it is believed to be due to HO backlog. So their 100% target and "we are still making checks" is complete bollocks. They are clearly behind with applications.
how can this be due to backlog if they are currently approving applications made in September and October...?