ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fielddrive

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 am

We all know August has a high number of applicants.. what we need to find is whether that is a stumbling block for HO processing times or a minor hiccup....

Wait and wait more.... :cry:

fielddrive

Re: 10 years long residence applications query

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:28 am

Fabby wrote:Hello all,
Pls I need an urgent advice regarding application for 10 years long residence.
This is my story:
Arrived in the UK on the 12th of September 2004 with student visa valid until 31/01/08
Applied for an extension (Limited Leave to Remain as a student) and got another visa Valid from 20/02/2008 to 30/11/2010. In time application.
Applied for post study work visa (Tier 1) visa valid from 10/01/2011 to 10/01/2013.In time application.
Applied for EEA Family permit visa valid from 30/04/2012 to 30/04/2017.

Ive lived in the Uk now for 10 years and 2months. But now I want to apply for indefinite leave based on my 10 years leaving here legally but I ve a valid EEA Family Permit which is going to expire in 2017.
My question is if I apply for 10 years Long residence now, will my EEA family permit be cancelled or revoked because I still have about 3 years left on it. (My EEA wife is currently and has been exercising her treaty right).

Your urgent advice will be appreciated.
If I was you @fabby, I'd get my ILR. Period.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 am

fielddrive wrote:We all know August has a high number of applicants.. what we need to find is whether that is a stumbling block for HO processing times or a minor hiccup....

Unfortunately HO is not disclosing no. of august applications but it would be more than 700 at least so it will take almost 2 months to decide, taking into account of Xmas break as well. Finally decision of September applications will commence from January next year.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 am

fielddrive wrote:
This is my story:
Arrived in the UK on the 12th of September 2004 with student visa valid until 31/01/08
Applied for an extension (Limited Leave to Remain as a student) and got another visa Valid from 20/02/2008 to 30/11/2010. In time application.
Applied for post study work visa (Tier 1) visa valid from 10/01/2011 to 10/01/2013.In time application.

Ive lived in the Uk now for 10 years and 2months. But now I want to apply for indefinite leave based on my 10 years leaving here legally but I ve a valid EEA Family Permit which is going to expire in 2017.
My question is if I apply for 10 years Long residence now, will my EEA family permit be cancelled or revoked because I still have about 3 years left on it. (My EEA wife is currently and has been exercising her treaty right).

If I was you @fabby, I'd get my ILR. Period.
Similar question was asked in a TV law programme and they solicitor advised that EEA family permit is not a straight 5 years visa but it is given with a view to stay with your EEA partner and she will exercise her treaty right. Your treaty right started building up since you get married with your EEA partner regardless of the visa. Also, they might ask you about the evidence of treaty right whilst reviewing your 10 year ILR application. It is because HO is very cautious now a days specially for EEA marriages and they have a right to check whether it was genuine marriage or just for convenience to get residency.

12years

Post by 12years » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 am

Arsal385 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:We all know August has a high number of applicants.. what we need to find is whether that is a stumbling block for HO processing times or a minor hiccup....

Unfortunately HO is not disclosing no. of august applications but it would be more than 700 at least so it will take almost 2 months to decide, taking into account of Xmas break as well. Finally decision of September applications will commence from January next year.
I think it is too early to judge/approximate the rate at which August application will be decided. Its the 5th today and it takes approximately 2-3 days for the decision to reach the applicants. Lets assume the majority of case workers started deciding application on Monday, we should be able to see the trend by next week Friday.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:51 am

Arsal385 wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised buddy if it were actually twice that number...!! more like 1400 applicants in august

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:54 am

Yes, @12years I think it may be too early to 'decide' but I think we were just contemplating as to how August may pan out over the course of next few days/weeks...!! :D

12years

Post by 12years » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 am

fielddrive wrote:Yes, @12years I think it may be too early to 'decide' but I think we were just contemplating as to how August may pan out over the course of next few days/weeks...!! :D
Do you have any official August 2013 figures for number application received ?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:15 am

12years wrote:
fielddrive wrote:Yes, @12years I think it may be too early to 'decide' but I think we were just contemplating as to how August may pan out over the course of next few days/weeks...!! :D
Not yet. HO advised that they will unveil July- Sept application details by the end of this year on their website.

12years

Post by 12years » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:18 am

Arsal385 wrote:
12years wrote:
Not yet. HO advised that they will unveil July- Sept application details by the end of this year on their website.
Thanks. Just to be clear I was asking for 2013 details. Does it really take more than a year to publish the details ?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:32 am

Do you have any official August 2013 figures for number application received ?[/quote]

Not yet. HO advised that they will unveil July- Sept application details by the end of this year on their website.[/quote]

Thanks. Just to be clear I was asking for 2013 details. Does it really take more than a year to publish the details ?[/quote]

Sorry only figures for 2013 from Sept-Dec are available on google tracker under stat tab. HO must have Aug 2013 detail on their website but You will need to dig out their website for this detail.

Ishtiaq2014
Newly Registered

Post by Ishtiaq2014 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Alhamdulillah received my ILR today dated 3 November 2014. I applied on 1st August 2014. Please someone update my timeline on google drive. I am grateful to the members of this forum for their support. I wish all the best for those waiting decision.

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Do you have any official August 2013 figures for number application received ?
Hello, I read on this link that the number of applications received in March 2014 was 6,205. They did put ILR (Perm Res) so I'm not sure if they counted only ILR or Permanent Residence applications from other routes.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... for_ilr_ap

I know you did not ask about March 2014 but just to give an idea.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Ishtiaq2014 wrote:Alhamdulillah received my ILR today dated 3 November 2014. I applied on 1st August 2014. Please someone update my timeline on google drive. I am grateful to the members of this forum for their support. I wish all the best for those waiting decision.

congrats !!!! :D

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

littlemaiden wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:Do you have any official August 2013 figures for number application received ?
Hello, I read on this link that the number of applications received in March 2014 was 6,205. They did put ILR (Perm Res) so I'm not sure if they counted only ILR or Permanent Residence applications from other routes.

Thanks for sharing this... this figure (round to nearest 5) includes all settlement applications including SER(LR), SET(O), SET(M) etc.

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:29 pm

fielddrive wrote:
littlemaiden wrote:

Thanks for sharing this... this figure (round to nearest 5) includes all settlement applications including SER(LR), SET(O), SET(M) etc.
Yes sorry I posted that in a hurry. What I wanted to say was that based on the Excel tracker we can see how there are a large number of SET(LR) compared to SET(O),SET(M) etc so I would imagine that out of that 6,205 a good chunk will be SET(LR).

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:48 pm

ima wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
ima wrote:hi ima,
could you please tell us your timeline for your ILR and a little bit about your VISA history to enable us give you appropriate advise.
Dear Spatacus,

Thank you for answering the call. Please see below my visa history;

2004-2009 Student Visa
2009-2011 PSW
2011-2014 HSMP Tier 1 - General
April 2014 - Ilr application made
Sep 2014 - Ilr approved

Many thanks,

Ima
Hello Ima,
Thank you for your timeline.First and foremost you need to meet the financial (£18,600) and english requirements for your wife. The financial requirements includes 6-months bank statements and 6-months payslips. You wife must pass the english exam. Since your wife does not live in the UK at the moment am afraid she cannot use form FLRM, but i think she can use form VAF4A and please fill out Appendix-2 as directed in the application form. Please follow the link below;

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

Hope this helps :D Other experienced members please give your advise to Ima. Thanks
Dear Spatacus,

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't fulfill the first criteria of earning £18,600 per year however, the firm I am currently working with will offer me a new contract beginning from 5th of January which will hopefully see me meeting the financial requirement of £18,600. Till date I have been earning less than £18,600 and that too on a contractual basis and not permanent.

Once my new contract is set up, hopefully I will have 6 months of payslip and bank statements showing funds by 1st week of July. I shall also be able to arrange contract letter from employer and accommodation letter from the landlord.

Which English test should she take, IELTs, Toefl amd what's the minimum band required?
Do I have to attach her Educational documents as well?
Do you know what's the average time scale for such applications thesedays?

My understanding was that I would be the only one filling out the form and submitting the application from UK but little confused about her being required to fill out form too from back home. Are we supposed to submit separate applications from within UK and from back home? Please advise.

I'm really grateful for your time and responses.

Many thanks,

Ima[/quote]

Hello Ima,
you will have to submit your wife's application from your home country since she doesn't live in the UK. You will include your marriage certificate as well as the English language requirements check the links I sent you on documents required for the application you will find the English language requirements and the type/band required.
You only need to submit ONE application only and this is to be submitted in the country your wife is currently residing.[/quote]

Dear Spatacus,

Thank you for further clearing my doubts. I have created a checklist of the documents for myself and my wife. Please confirm if I'm missing anything

My Documents:

- Appendix 2 (VAF 4A) Financial Requirement Form
- 6 Months Payslip - showing I earn £18,600 per annum
- 6 Months Bank Statements
- Employers Letter - is it mandatory?
- Letter from Landlord confirming there is enough space to accommodate?
- Marriage Certificate
- Wedding Pictures

My Wife Documents:

- Personal Details Form (VAF 4A) Family Settlement Application Form
- All her Passports
- Two Passport size pictures
- English Test Certificate - CEFR A1 level 1 or equivalent
- TB Test Report
- Degree Certificate - is it mandatory?

Both forms are to be submitted together back home? You have already been very helpful and generous enough to answer all my queries in a timely fashion. Brother! I thank you for all your assistance, May God reward you for your good deeds, Ameen

Kind Regards,

Ima[/quote]

i needed this information for my wife. As i have applied my ILR on 10 year base ... decision waiting but atleast this information i can share with my wife and keep documents prepare from india.
jignesh

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm

I know you did not ask about March 2014 but just to give an idea.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this... this figure (round to nearest 5) includes all settlement applications including SER(LR), SET(O), SET(M) etc.[/quote]

Yes sorry I posted that in a hurry. What I wanted to say was that based on the Excel tracker we can see how there are a large number of SET(LR) compared to SET(O),SET(M) etc so I would imagine that out of that 6,205 a good chunk will be SET(LR).[/quot

Its hard to know which cat has more applications in a month ....... Basically when we look at Aug/SEP or FEB/March there seems to be more applications on 10 year ILR visas would have been issued at start of semester and hence more ILR 10 years in these months and on an average 30-40 applications ( In our google tracker ) will be decided in a month thats just analysis.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Congrats ;-) For your approval @ Isthaq2014

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Congrats Kahlil ;-) wow two in a row ... Enjoy the freedom,

lsagar30

Post by lsagar30 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi,

My children and me are on a student dependent visa. My husband got his indefinite leave in July 2013. He has applied for his nationality in August 2014 and waiting for the approval.

My dependent visa expires on the 30th Nov 2014. We would have completed 10 years of lawful residence on the the 28th of Dec 2014. What is the best date I can apply for an LR. (LR for my 2 children and myself.)

Please reply.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:58 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Congrats Kahlil ;-) wow two in a row ... Enjoy the freedom,

I could do with more approvals :wink:

kamransh
Mood:

Post by kamransh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Spatacus wrote:
This is my story:

Hello fabby,
Just to let you know that your EEA family permit will be null once you apply for ILR on 10 years basis when it's approved by HO but it will remain valid during the processing time of your ILR.
Hi Spatacus,
Are you sure about the rule with EEA permit being declared null/void once you have ILR? EEA permit is not a visa rather a right based on you being a family member of a EEA national. I know people who have both and are able to travel on either.

Can you confirm where it says about the EEA being nulled on basis on ILR?

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Congratulation to those who received it! I guess there still a little hope that September applications may start to come through in December (can’t blame me for hoping!! :D )

P.S. Please continue the speculation about when the applications will be decided if nothing it does make this wait more bearable :)

Happy mid week you all!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:27 pm

lsagar30 wrote:Hi,

My children and me are on a student dependent visa. My husband got his indefinite leave in July 2013. He has applied for his nationality in August 2014 and waiting for the approval.

My dependent visa expires on the 30th Nov 2014. We would have completed 10 years of lawful residence on the the 28th of Dec 2014. What is the best date I can apply for an LR. (LR for my 2 children and myself.)

Please reply.
Not sure but if your 2 children were born in the UK then you can get them registered as a British National since your husband already acquired his ILR last year.