ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence reason for wife's application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nionlight
Member of Standing

Absence reason for wife's application

Post by nionlight » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Dear all,

I am planning to apply for my wife's naturalisation application. She had 2 long visits (139 and 110 days) backhome for finishing her studies back home in the last 3 years. Including one more small visit it totals up to 264 days. 6 days less than the limit of 270

So, as long as it is less than the limit even though it's very tight, is it safe to apply?

Also, in the reason what should I write?

many thank in advanced.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Absence reason for wife's application

Post by milan69 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 pm

If she was less than 270 days absent in the last 3 years you don't have to write anything as reason for her absences. She has to have been absent for less than 90 days in the final year.
I am sometimes wrong.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:16 pm

milan69 wrote:If she was less than 270 days absent in the last 3 years you don't have to write anything as reason for her absences. She has to have been absent for less than 90 days in the final year.
In the form where you write down your absence (page 8) , there is a field for 'reason'. You are saying it can be left empty?

cheers

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:06 am

I misunderstood. She should write the reason for each of her absences. My point was that she is well within limits and apart form a very short description like holiday/personal/business there is no reason to explain further.
I am sometimes wrong.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm

milan69 wrote:I misunderstood. She should write the reason for each of her absences. My point was that she is well within limits and apart form a very short description like holiday/personal/business there is no reason to explain further.
Thanks. So, what will be the reason? she went to complete her studies. So should it be 'personal' or 'Holiday' ?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 am

Personal/Studies should be just fine.
I am sometimes wrong.