ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sportsman
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Sportsman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:24 pm

I didn't register here before but have been visiting this site very regularly and find it very useful perhaps more than immigration solicitors and credit goes to the administrator and all users.
Here I want to share my personal experience which is very interesting & might be helpful. I applied in April this year with my wife & kids (6 in all). I submitted through NCS. Due to some reason I spent 9 month out of UK in my last 12 months after getting ILR. NCS lady clearly told me not to apply due to that reason but only submit other family members as they remained in UK. But I insisted to submit mine as well. Then she called HO in front of me and HO clearly told her not to submit my application due to 9 months spent out of U.K. Even then I keep insisting to submit my application because I gone through UKBA Website and guidelines clearly mentioned some conditions that HO could disregard absence depending on certain conditions. I knew my conditions well and attached a covering letter explaining all with fact/figures providing all relevant documents with it. Anyhow I submitted my application with all family members.

Having said all above I wasn't in a position to argue much with HO to decide my case sooner so after waiting 6 month I wrote a letter to HO complaining delay also write to my MP. Will you believe within 10 days after I wrote letter I got approval from HO.
Below are key points for all
1) After ILR, everyone gets approval sooner or latter depending on individual conditions and number of applicants. Family applicants need to be patient.
2) Please don't sit quite after 6 month and write both to HO & your MP
3) Kindly read and understand all the guideline documents as you get very useful information. I my case I was the only one who remained positive and filled application despite NCS & HO response.

In the end I wish all to get their approval soon.

regards

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 am

still waiting.....!!!!

Applied 12 may..calling HO always come wih one response "in process"

:(

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:03 pm

phadrian wrote:Still waiting here as well (since 12/5).
What information did you provide when you contacted your MP?
its simple ,date,reference,your criteria to apply,address,email,contact number,when completing six months.answer you ot from ho when you called them.short description with heading for r=each entry is good.
hope this will help.
Mine is being chased by my MP and waiting for HO response,my call to HO had the same answer since last two months...application in progress..if six month pass then we will write you...sucking answer,do I need their apology no.I need the answer of my £906 i paid for this executive service.My application definitely fall in around top 10% of the application as I had ILR since last about 10 years and ina last 5 year in last 5 year i havn't been away from UK for more the total 60 days.no offence,ticket,have own house,skilled worker.sucking home office....bunch of ideots....enjoying my hard earned money.......

Jav0786
Newly Registered

Post by Jav0786 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:07 pm

SKK27 wrote:
phadrian wrote:Still waiting here as well (since 12/5).
What information did you provide when you contacted your MP?
its simple ,date,reference,your criteria to apply,address,email,contact number,when completing six months.answer you ot from ho when you called them.short description with heading for r=each entry is good.
hope this will help.
Mine is being chased by my MP and waiting for HO response,my call to HO had the same answer since last two months...application in progress..if six month pass then we will write you...sucking answer,do I need their apology no.I need the answer of my £906 i paid for this executive service.My application definitely fall in around top 10% of the application as I had ILR since last about 10 years and ina last 5 year in last 5 year i havn't been away from UK for more the total 60 days.no offence,ticket,have own house,skilled worker.sucking home office....bunch of ideots....enjoying my hard earned money.......
Whats nationality is urs? I worry that they will write to MP by saying oh some applications need extra checks and they can not tell how much it take.!!

kash81
Newly Registered

Post by kash81 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Applied on 27 May.
5 months and 7 days gone.... still waiting !!!

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:15 am

Hi every one!!

Can we have a list of those who are still waiting for a decision ? so at least we know how many are still waiting? if you like can mention your national as well, at least we can understand, why its take too long?

plz write your name and date of application below: its help for everyone who is left and why?

mhsadique: 21/05/14 BGD 166 calendar days – 52 days skipped: 122 working days. (use date calculator online)

waseem80
Newly Registered

Post by waseem80 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:32 am

Name: Waseem Ashraf
Application Date: 14/05/2014
Nationality: Pakistan
Approval: Still Waiting

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:41 am

Hi guys! Just rang ho lady said they sent u letter today saying ur application is still in under process...haha wat a joke its been 6 months 2 days now nd they r taking a piss ..i reckon they dont want to naturalise us they want us to do any crime or road pffence than they ll hve get chance to refused our application
l:shock: even my mp is getting no response from them so noone can do anything so from now i should forget abt the money i paid to ho nd dats it i got indefinite leave nd i got same rights as british citizen so if british naturalisation ll b in my luck i ll get it one day ...lost all hopes today thank u very much this government we r paying them so much tax so much money for our app nd wat do we get nothing!

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 am

I JUST FOLLOW UP AND REALISE THAT ITS DEALY COZ OF ASIAN NATIONAL INCLUDING ME!!!

1) mhsadique: 21 may 2014 BGD
2) Jav0786: 14 may 2014 PAK
3) Uroojabbas 14 may 2014 PAK
4) Phadrian 12 may 2014 nat?
5) King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
6) Kash81 27 may 2014 Nat?
7) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
8) FURBS 21 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014 PAK?
10) ROMFORD1 12 MAY 2014
11) WAITINGGOBSERVER 28 MAY 2014
13) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014 PAK?
15) RAHIM_DAD 28 MAY 2014 PAK?
16) Wassem80 14 may 2014 PAK
17)
Last edited by mhsadique on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm

[quote="mhsadique"]I JUST FOLLOW UP AND REALISE THAT ITS DEALY COZ OF ASIAN NATIONAL INCLUDING ME!!!

1) mhsadique: 21 may 2014 BGD
2) Jav0786: 14 may 2014 PAK
3) Uroojabbas 14 may 2014 PAK
4) Phadrian 12 may 2014 nat?
5) King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
6) Kash81 27 may 2014 Nat? PAK?
7) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
8) FURBS 21 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014 PAK?
10) ROMFORD1 12 MAY 2014
11) WAITINGGOBSERVER 28 MAY 2014
12) RELATIVELY FAT
13) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014 PAK?
15) RAHIM_DAD 28 MAY 2014 PAK?
16) Wassem80 14 may 2014 PAK
17) Syed Fida 29 May Pakistani

romford1
Newly Registered

Post by romford1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:37 pm

lol Pakistani here too! on top of everything I applied and went Pakistan for nearly 2 months!
It all makes sense now! but 6 months is a very long time to complete all sorts of checks!

Called Ho today and there were 2 optoons
1- If less than 6 months press 1
2- More than 6 months press 2

so I pressed 1 since I applied on 12th of MAY, operator only asked if I have received acknowledgement and money was taken out I said yes, I was told its in progress without even taking my personal details. then I asked if they can tell me specifically about my case on which I was told to go to option no 2 where i got the same answer after being asked for usual DOB and ref etc.

so I called my MP's office since I sent an email on 20th of October and not even an acknowledgement! I was told they have been busy and only today they have printed my email and now taking action but home office has got 35 days to get back.

and the wait continues!

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:41 pm

mhsadique wrote:I JUST FOLLOW UP AND REALISE THAT ITS DEALY COZ OF ASIAN NATIONAL INCLUDING ME!!!

12) RELATIVELY FAT 01 May 2014 (approved on 8 Oct 2014 and ceremony was on 16 October 2014)
I'm from Chad, Africa.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:06 pm

This list for whom, applying on may, and most of them are asian, not all. 12) i didn't mention ur nationality :D coz i don't where are you from. so take it easy buddy. and congrats for ur approval.

I JUST FOLLOW UP AND REALISE THAT ITS DEALY COZ OF ASIAN NATIONAL INCLUDING ME!!!

12) RELATIVELY FAT 01 May 2014 (approved on 8 Oct 2014 and ceremony was on 16 October 2014)
[/quote]
I'm from Chad, Africa.[/quote]

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm

I got question some people say wen u call ho nd if they say they sent u letter but they cant tell us the decision bcz they cant see wats in the letter than how come lady told me today they sent u letter nd it says its over six months now nd ur application still in progress...... Can plz any1 clarify?

kash81
Newly Registered

Post by kash81 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Pakistani here too guys!!!

Im Pakistani @HO and im not terrorist!!!
I think OH dont like to nationalise us easily :(

Applied on 27 May still waiting....

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:00 am

Does any of you fine folks now the email address for the new Director General @ the Home Office - it might be worth sending him / her an email with regards to delays in our approvals. I applied on the 12th of May and still waiting. :x

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi All,
Has anyone sent a letter to HO with regards to delaying of apps or after six months has passed? please let us know the outcome as i rang HO about my app and was told "under consideration" and she said if you want to write to them i can give you the address so I said NO its okay cause i knew i was gonna get the same generic answer.
Applied on the 12

Vsharma
Newly Registered

Post by Vsharma » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi guys am as same boat as everyone on here, applied on 6 May and still haven't heard anything from ho. I have contacted my mp and he has yet to come back to me with anything.

furbs
Newly Registered

Post by furbs » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi guys I am pakistani too

today I called and was told to write to home office once the 6 months has passed to check whats going on and get an update
the woman also said that she was only able to tell me if its in process or a decision has been made. for anything else id have to write to them

uroojabbas
Newly Registered

Post by uroojabbas » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Just got a call from my MP ...home office can delay my application up to 12 months! ! Because they are doing some external checks...lol

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm

uroojabbas wrote:Just got a call from my MP ...home office can delay my application up to 12 months! ! Because they are doing some external checks...lol
Ohhh no.You have shattered our hope mate......so you mean,another 6 month wait.
Looks like just forget about that and keep your finger cross and UP to show Home office.
Really regretting about my decision to apply.for this ....................

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm

uroojabbas wrote:Just got a call from my MP ...home office can delay my application up to 12 months! ! Because they are doing some external checks...lol
Having read responses from other people about MPs, I get the feeling that MPs don't give a sh*t and don't even bother contacting HO. They just made stuff up to get ride of people.

Relatively Fat

Post by Relatively Fat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 pm

I received my approval two days after I had emailed my MP, so I re-emailed him calling it off and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your recent emails and it is great to learn that your application has been concluded and your status has been granted. MPs are limited in what assistance they are able to give in immigration cases and are typically limited to chasing up outstanding applications. If you are unhappy with how your application has been handled, it would be important for you to follow the correct procedures in submitting a formal complaint. More information on submitting a complaint can be found on the Home Office website at the following address. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

After submitting your complaint if you find that you are waiting an unreasonable time for a response, please do not hesitate to write to me with a copy of the complaint and I will be happy to chase this up on your behalf. If I can be of assistance on any other issue please do not hesitate to write to me and I will be happy to give what help I can.
"

Not sure if this would be of help to you guys but anyone who'd waited for more than six months and haven't heard anything from the HO should definitely start two processes to get things moving; a) lodge a formal complaint and b) Bombard their MP to get them chasing the application.

The way I see it is that six-month-plus is practically and nearly everyone here if you count in terms of months (use this as an excuse if you still have a few weeks remaining in your six month service period).

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:32 pm

"Relatively Fat"

MP can’t involve any immigration matter until its really going wrong, quote from email

“MPs are limited in what assistance they are able to give in immigration cases and are typically limited to chasing up outstanding applications”

its Coincidence your local MP find out your application already granted. He just get this credit. Thats why he email you. Its happen lots of time application granted 5/6 days back but call centre and actual HO input are not synched...

Relatively Fat wrote:I received my approval two days after I had emailed my MP, so I re-emailed him calling it off and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your recent emails and it is great to learn that your application has been concluded and your status has been granted. MPs are limited in what assistance they are able to give in immigration cases and are typically limited to chasing up outstanding applications. If you are unhappy with how your application has been handled, it would be important for you to follow the correct procedures in submitting a formal complaint. More information on submitting a complaint can be found on the Home Office website at the following address. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

After submitting your complaint if you find that you are waiting an unreasonable time for a response, please do not hesitate to write to me with a copy of the complaint and I will be happy to chase this up on your behalf. If I can be of assistance on any other issue please do not hesitate to write to me and I will be happy to give what help I can.
"

Not sure if this would be of help to you guys but anyone who'd waited for more than six months and haven't heard anything from the HO should definitely start two processes to get things moving; a) lodge a formal complaint and b) Bombard their MP to get them chasing the application.

The way I see it is that six-month-plus is practically and nearly everyone here if you count in terms of months (use this as an excuse if you still have a few weeks remaining in your six month service period).

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Guys,
I am waiting since Feb 2014 apart from acknowledgement I didn't heard anything. Even several time I had send email to the home office but unfortunately the reply is just ongoing process about 5 time since Feb I envelved my MP but again unfortunately reply is the same the home office put your case in mandatory checks that is why untill received some sort of checks home office unable to decide my application and they said their is no time line when the check will be completed.
My status living in uk since 2006. And no absence from uk no crime no driving offence but still waiting.
Best wishes for the rest who were still waiting.
Babe khyber