ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and ILR qualifying period

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cmaclaug
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and ILR qualifying period

Post by cmaclaug » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Does anyone know how being on a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa impacts the qualifying period for indefinite leave to remain?

I was on a Tier 2 corporate sponsored Visa after graduating from a UK university for <1 year. Then I switched to a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa because I was still in the 1 year after graduation window and was able to work as an entrepreneur. It has been almost a year now and I will likely be switching back to a Tier 2.

Will my qualifying period of 5 years start completely over because I was on a tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa or will that period along with my 7 months on a Tier 2 count?

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and ILR qualifying per

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:14 pm

The period under T1 can be aggregated into the five year residence period. You need to study para 245HF of the immigration rules