ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Certificate + Indian Visa Edinburgh

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ralsv
Newly Registered

Surrender Certificate + Indian Visa Edinburgh

Post by ralsv » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to know the procedure for the following -

I was an Indian citizen and have recently acquired British citizenship.
I am going to apply for my surrender certificate next week and same time I wish to apply for my Indian tourist visa.
The Document checklist requires me to attach surrender certificate with my Visa.

1. Please advise for such a situation what documents are needed where I have applied for the surrender certificate and in the meantime I have to travel to India?
Can I apply for the same - Surrender Certificate and 6 month tourist visa in the same visit to the VFS for CGI Edinburgh

OR

2. As my date of naturalization is 21st October 2014 can I travel to India on my Indian passport between 29th October 2014 and 29th January 2015?

Thanks

ban.s

Re: Surrender Certificate + Indian Visa Edinburgh

Post by ban.s » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 pm

please see http://www.immigrationboards.com/other-countries/

1. You can't apply for passport surrender and visa together. These are separate applicantions and dealt by different departments. You'll need to obtain a surrender certificate first and then apply for visa

2. You can travel upto 90 days from naturalisation on Indian passport. Any travel beyond this grace period will incur penalty @ £145 per travel

ralsv
Newly Registered

Post by ralsv » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks ban.s
I think ill be going with option 2.
Ralsv

ralsv
Newly Registered

Post by ralsv » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi again,
As per the above information I will travel on Indian passport and while coming back use British Passport.

1. What do you mention on the Landing Card while landing in India? I know others have asked the same question but isn't it incorrect information if I write Indian on the card?

2. I am also travelling to Thailand for holiday from India and back to India before returning to UK and would not require visa for entry and exit however when I return back to India what is the process?
- Would the immigration officer need my South East Asian visa?
Or can I use my British Passport for Entry into Thailand and for exit I use Indian Passport?

3. Can I apply for Thai Visa on Indian passport if my travel period if within the 3 months grace period? (as they do visa on arrival)

4. Will this anyway affect my Passport Surrender Application which I intend to do after I come back from my India trip before 20th January 2014.

Thanks.
Ralsv

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:02 am

ralsv wrote:Hi again,
As per the above information I will travel on Indian passport and while coming back use British Passport.
coming back has two steps - departure from india and entering into UK.
so you still need to leave india with your indian passport and ILR and then upon arrival into UK port, use your British passport and join the UK/EU queue. You are not permitted to leave India showing your British passport as you didn't use that for entry.
ralsv wrote: 1. What do you mention on the Landing Card while landing in India? I know others have asked the same question but isn't it incorrect information if I write Indian on the card?

2. I am also travelling to Thailand for holiday from India and back to India before returning to UK and would not require visa for entry and exit however when I return back to India what is the process?
- Would the immigration officer need my South East Asian visa?
Or can I use my British Passport for Entry into Thailand and for exit I use Indian Passport?

3. Can I apply for Thai Visa on Indian passport if my travel period if within the 3 months grace period? (as they do visa on arrival)

4. Will this anyway affect my Passport Surrender Application which I intend to do after I come back from my India trip before 20th January 2014.

Thanks.
Ralsv
1. If you use Indian passport for travel, then you have to write nationality as Indian.
2, 3 - Thailand allows Visa on arrival to Indian nationals. So travel with your Indian passport to Thailand.
4. As you attained naturalisation on 21st Oct, so your 3 months grace period ends on 20th Jan 15.So if you return back to UK before 20th Jan, then perfectly fine. There won't be any penalty.

Mods: Pls move this to other countries.