ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hello Amber Help needed for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramesh66754
Newly Registered

Hello Amber Help needed for British citizenship

Post by ramesh66754 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi Amber,

Need a help from you,I need to apply for British citizenship , I was caught with extra cigarettes(1000) in Heathrow airport 2013 April, they took the cigarettes and let me go with a warning letter( No fine).

1) In the form AN , section 3.10 ---> Have you received any cautions (simple or conditional), warnings or reprimands in the UK or any other country?

Do I put 'yes' or 'no' ?

Amber I have been worried about this for long time, and not been able to submit my application , would be great if you can reply me.

Thanks

Ramesh

Amber
Mood:

Re: Hello Amber Help needed for British citizenship

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 am

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ramesh66754
Newly Registered

Post by ramesh66754 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Hello Amber,

Hope you are doing good.

I applied for the naturalization yesterday , in the payment slip for home office for 906 pounds, I missed to mention "delete as appropriate" or the card type( MasterCard/visa/Delta/electron/switch/solo) I am using.

I have given them long card number, expiry date, valid from, card security code.

Will there be a problem for the payment to go through if I have not mentioned what type of card it is ( MasterCard/visa/Delta/electron/switch/solo)?

Please do answer and help me.

Thanks
Ramesh

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Payment taken by the Card Processing Terminal which only required Long number of the card , expiry date / start date and CVV code on back of your card. So you need not to be worried about this. Even if they needed they will ring /write you and ask for the card type, afterall you are paying handsome amount for this :)
*please do not take this as professional advice**

Double V

Post by Double V » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 pm

go2khurram wrote:Payment taken by the Card Processing Terminal which only required Long number of the card , expiry date / start date and CVV code on back of your card. So you need not to be worried about this. Even if they needed they will ring /write you and ask for the card type, afterall you are paying handsome amount for this :)
Also they deal this on daily basis.
Just by looking at the long number they can tell which type of card it is.

Usually first 4 numbers tells you the type.

Also most new card processing terminals these days auto pick the type.

No need to worry. :)

ramesh66754
Newly Registered

Urgent Information needed for traveling to India

Post by ramesh66754 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi,

I have got my British passport recently, and I wish to travel to India using Indian passport with in the grace period, I have some queries regarding travel, I know these questions might have been asked several times, but I could not find proper answers , so am writing back again.

1)when I enter India using Indian passport , I need to fill customs form, there what do I write I am Indian citizen or British Citizen ?
2)when I do exit from India, what do I fill in the immigration form, Indian citizen or British citizen ?
3)When I enter UK, should I use Indian Passport/ILR or British passport ? which one is better to use ?.
4)If I use British passport while entering UK, will I have any problem later on surrendering Indian passport or getting OCI ?

I have been searching for the answers for long time, I would much appreciate if I get replies.

Thanks

Ramesh

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 pm

3. British passport.
I am sometimes wrong.

ramesh66754
Newly Registered

Post by ramesh66754 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Please also do reply 1), 2) and 4)

thanks
Ramesh

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Information needed for traveling to India

Post by fwd079 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

ramesh66754 wrote:
1)when I enter India using Indian passport , I need to fill customs form, there what do I write I am Indian citizen or British Citizen ?
2)when I do exit from India, what do I fill in the immigration form, Indian citizen or British citizen ?
3)When I enter UK, should I use Indian Passport/ILR or British passport ? which one is better to use ?.
4)If I use British passport while entering UK, will I have any problem later on surrendering Indian passport or getting OCI ?
Anyone with Indian knowledge can tell you better, but what I have read here, you do not remain Indian once you become British. So in light of that:

1. British.
2. British.
3. British.
4. Dont think so.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm

These are questions for your trip to India. Milan69 has advised you about UK rules.

Please create a new thread in the Other Countries forum, where people who know more about rules in India can help further.