ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for foundation years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joshdvir
Newly Registered

Visa for foundation years

Post by joshdvir » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello,
I would like to enquire as per the best way to get a visa suitable for foundation year 1 and 2 in the UK, for a non UK/non EU medical graduate of a British medical school (St. George's), located in Cyprus. Please note that I do not satisfy the criteria for TIER 4 visa as all of my studies were not in the UK. Also note that I am married and my husband can potentially get a visa via his job . Please advise - thanks very much!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Visa for foundation years

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:41 am

If you don't qualify for a Tier 4 visa (and only you can know that; we can't say if this is actually so) then your only option is to look at alternative routes. You could study as a dependant of your husband if here were a migrant worker in the UK. Do you already know if he might qualify for a particular visa in that capacity or are you just asking for suggestions?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:15 pm

FY1 and 2 form part of medical training programme and you may not be able to apply for foundation programme if your visa restricts you to work as a "Doctor/Dentist in Training".

joshdvir
Newly Registered

Post by joshdvir » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks everyone.
I do not qualify for tier 4 because I have not spent any time in the uk as a part of my studies.
The visa that I need is a working visa, not visa for students and I'd appreciate any suggestions from anyone who knows which type of visa i need to pursue.

From the research i've done, I know the visa i need has to be in the same filed of my desired occupation - meaning I need first to find a job in the field of medicine, get them to issue a visa for me and then apply for F1....? that sounds very confusing to me - can anyone pls help clarifying this for me?
Lucapooka wrote:If you don't qualify for a Tier 4 visa (and only you can know that; we can't say if this is actually so) then your only option is to look at alternative routes. You could study as a dependant of your husband if here were a migrant worker in the UK. Do you already know if he might qualify for a particular visa in that capacity or are you just asking for suggestions?
Lucapooka - if my husband who is a computer programmer, gets a job in the uk and they issue a visa from him - would that visa allow me to work as a doctor in training and apply for F1? if so, which visa type wold that be?

Many thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:04 am

You can study or work, but work it will not allow you to work as a doctor in training.