ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experience

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

repeatcell
Mood:

Re: Dependent/partner visa application from India– my experi

Post by repeatcell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for a tier 2 visa soon together with my family (wife and 2 kids) from India, is it necessary that I should attach main applicant's documents to each of dependent applications? I understand that I have to attach my passport copy (full passport or just the ID pages??) to dependent applications. Similarly, I will also need to attach a self-attested letter from my side confirming the maintenance of my dependents, CoS letter etc. Do these documents need to be attached to all the three dependent applications or just to one of them is enough?
Any advise is appreciated!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 am

repeatcell wrote:Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for a tier 2 visa soon together with my family (wife and 2 kids) from India, is it necessary that I should attach main applicant's documents to each of dependent applications? I understand that I have to attach my passport copy (full passport or just the ID pages??) to dependent applications. Similarly, I will also need to attach a self-attested letter from my side confirming the maintenance of my dependents, CoS letter etc. Do these documents need to be attached to all the three dependent applications or just to one of them is enough?
Any advise is appreciated!!
maintenance has to be either certified by the sponsor or proof of funds is needed

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 am

Thank you manci.
Do you happen to know whether I will need to attach my passport photocopy (I am also not sure whether it has to be full copy of my passport or just the two ID pages?) to all my dependent applications (3 dependents) or just submitting one photocopy of my passport is enough? Note that we will all be applying for a visa together and my original passport will anyway be with them.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 am

repeatcell wrote:Thank you manci.
Do you happen to know whether I will need to attach my passport photocopy (I am also not sure whether it has to be full copy of my passport or just the two ID pages?) to all my dependent applications (3 dependents) or just submitting one photocopy of my passport is enough? Note that we will all be applying for a visa together and my original passport will anyway be with them.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... uments.pdf

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm

manci wrote:
repeatcell wrote:Thank you manci.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... uments.pdf
Thanks Manci.
I have carefully looked through the gen supporting documents guide and this is what is reads:

"Copy of the pages of sponsor’s passport showi ng their visa if issued or permission to stay
if already in the UK"

Does this mean that I do not have to submit main applicants passport photocopy along with the dependents visa application at all? The main applicant does not have the visa yet and will apply along with the dependents.

khantier2
Newly Registered

Post by khantier2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Can anyone provide information whether englissh language requirement i needed to apply for dependent visa from india? if it i required then what needs to be provided to meet the criteria. Also please provide links to the answers.
Thanks.

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 am

I have carefully looked through the gen supporting documents guide and this is what is reads:

"Copy of the pages of sponsor’s passport showi ng their visa if issued or permission to stay if already in the UK"

Does this mean that I do not have to submit main applicants passport photocopy along with the dependents visa application at all? The main applicant does not have the visa yet and will apply along with the dependents.

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Minci could you help with the following info.

I have few quires, could you please reply me back on them?

I am going to get married next year around (feb-2015). Currently I am on Tier 2 general visa (Sponsored).
I am currently staying with my sister and brother in law (as a guest) and I am planning to stay with them until my marriage. After my marriage I will stay with them for few days and will find an accommodation for both of us. I will be applying dependent visa for my wife in India. So I have few questions
1) Do I need to provide any council tax or rental document on my name? Since I dont pay any rent what document do I need to produce. I am going to add my name on my brother-in-law's council tax. will this be enough ?
2) Can I give my bro-in-law's and sister’s address for any correspondence? All my bank statements are on this address.
3) Please could you also suggest me the list of documents required for the visa?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance
Hari

kamleshsahota
Newly Registered

Post by kamleshsahota » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:51 am

Hi,

I am student in UK and my fiance is employed under Tier 2 sponsored visa. We are going to India in Dec 2014 to get married and planing to come back in 1st week of Jan 2015 but as my student visa expires on 25th Feb 2015 so, my doubt is whether I will be allowed to enter into the UK or not?

The second question is - Can I apply for Dependent visa from within the UK or Do I need to apply from India only.

Regards,
Kam

nahk
Newly Registered

Post by nahk » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi tier2_applicant

I am in a similar situation as you were. I just wanted to check if you submitted the online application before the wedding in order to get the biometrics date 5 days after the wedding. Is it okay to mention my marital status as married in the application before the actual marriage in order to get the appointment soon after the wedding?

Thanks and regards

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:04 pm

nahk wrote:Hi tier2_applicant

I am in a similar situation as you were. I just wanted to check if you submitted the online application before the wedding in order to get the biometrics date 5 days after the wedding.

Yes, I did submit the online application before the wedding to secure a date that suited us.

Is it okay to mention my marital status as married in the application before the actual marriage in order to get the appointment soon after the wedding?

use 'FIANCÉE / PROPOSED CIVIL PARTNER'

Thanks and regards

naveen890
Newly Registered

Post by naveen890 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:47 pm

manci wrote:Ywife can apply for PBS dependant leave either from the UK or from home country. Payslips and tenancy agreement are not needed.
Hi Manci

One additional question
On page 1 of this document it mentions that a letter from employer about time off is required https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... uments.pdf.

My wife work in an IT firm and she is looking for projects in UK from her indian company but i don't think they will issue any letter.
So will getting a dependent visa be a challenge witthout this letter

gourab1987
Newly Registered

Post by gourab1987 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian national. I obtained by Tier 2 general Visa in August 2014. My wife is also an Indian national and she wants to apply now from India for a tier 2 general dependent visa. Now I am working in UK but my wife is now in India.

When I applied, I provided them all the information about my wife (we got married in december 2013). But she did'nt apply then. The visa which I got shows "Number of dependents: 0".

Will this cause a problem in her application? If so, what should I do?

Please help!

cheers,
Gourab.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:46 am

gourab1987 wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian national. I obtained by Tier 2 general Visa in August 2014. My wife is also an Indian national and she wants to apply now from India for a tier 2 general dependent visa. Now I am working in UK but my wife is now in India.

When I applied, I provided them all the information about my wife (we got married in december 2013). But she did'nt apply then. The visa which I got shows "Number of dependents: 0".

Will this cause a problem in her application? If so, what should I do?

No, it shouldn't cause any problems. When you got your visa - you didn't have any dependents coming to the UK with you. Just apply for her spouse visa from India by using the online service and submitting the documents in India via VFS. My first post in this thread might be of help.

Please help!

cheers,
Gourab.

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Tier2_applicant could you help with the following info.

I am going to get married next year around (feb-2015). Currently I am on Tier 2 general visa (Sponsored).
I am currently staying with my sister and brother in law (as a guest) and I am planning to stay with them until my marriage. After my marriage I will stay with them for 2 months and will find an accommodation for both of us. I will be applying dependent visa for my wife in India. So I have few questions

1) Do I need to provide any council tax or rental document on my name? Since I dont pay any rent what document do I need to produce. I have added my name on my brother-in-law's council tax and gas bill. will this be enough ?

2) Can I give my bro-in-law's and sister’s address for any correspondence? All my bank statements are on this address.

3) Regarding the TB test for dependent. Can we do this 1 month earlier. say I am applying visa on feb 13th can we get TB test done
by 15 Jan.

Thanks in advance
Hari

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:14 am

attiliharish05 wrote:Hi Tier2_applicant could you help with the following info.

I am currently staying with my sister and brother in law (as a guest) and I am planning to stay with them until my marriage. After my marriage I will stay with them for 2 months and will find an accommodation for both of us. I will be applying dependent visa for my wife in India. So I have few questions

1) Do I need to provide any council tax or rental document on my name? Since I dont pay any rent what document do I need to produce. I have added my name on my brother-in-law's council tax and gas bill. will this be enough ?

I think it should be enough. VFS does not ask for the rental documents explicitly as far as I remember but I think it should be ok if you have your proof of address on your relatives bills. Maybe use the section IS THERE ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION for clarifying this point for VFS.

You will have a question on the online form which reads: WHAT IS THE MAIN ADDRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS OF WHERE YOU WILL BE STAYING WHILST IN THE UK. Put your sister & brother in law's address here

3) Regarding the TB test for dependent. Can we do this 1 month earlier. say I am applying visa on feb 13th can we get TB test done
by 15 Jan.

yes, its always good to get the appointment in advance at the hospital as there is a limited list of hospitals which are authorised to conduct tests and provide this TB certificate

Thanks in advance
Hari

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 pm

@Tier2_applicant

Thank you very much for reply.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards
Hari

kushagra
Newly Registered

Post by kushagra » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi all,
I'm applying for my wife's dependent visa under Tier 2 category.

I've a doubt about the tenancy requirement.

Do I need to provide a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from my landlord in addition to tenancy agreement or just the tenancy agreement will be sufficient?

I couldn't find any specific link to list out these documents details.

Any help will surely be appreciated. :)

Many thanks.

Regards,
Kush

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello Kush,

Pl. have look at the comment made by Manci.

@Ask Azo wrote:
How important is the tenancy agreement for the dependent visa application

not needed!!!!!!!!

BTW when are you applying for Visa and where are you applying.

Thanks
Hari

kushagra
Newly Registered

Post by kushagra » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Hari,
Thank you very much for the reply and clarification. :)

I'll be applying in first week of November from New Delhi, India.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Kush

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi Kush,

I wish you good luck, I am planning to apply next year feb.

So have you completed your online application ? Can you apply or book your appointment in advance before marriage?

Pl. keep posting you updates this will help everyone.

Also lots of people in this forum say its not really important to tenancy agreement. One of my brother applied in May this year he said

he didn't submit any address proof. so dont worry about it.

Thanks

Hari

attiliharish05
Newly Registered

Post by attiliharish05 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello Manci,

Could you please suggest me on the following.

Can I submit the on-line application before my wedding in order to get the biometrics date 5 days after the wedding.

Is it okay to mention my marital status as married in the application before the actual marriage in order to get the appointment soon

after the wedding?

Need suggestions from everyone who ever recently applied ?

Thanks

Hari

sapskt
Newly Registered

Post by sapskt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi,

Just one question, Do we need to submit the original Bank Statement from UK? Most of bankers of using technology and giving only softcopy. Also the employer I work for, the Payslips are complete online, means I need to go to my intranet site and take the print out.. At least on payslip I can request you a letter from my employer.. Bank Statement... Original required or can we submit the softcopy printed?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

sapskt
Newly Registered

Post by sapskt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:43 pm

One question.. Do we need to submit the UK original bank statement.. as most of the bankers are providing only softcopies.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

sapskt
Newly Registered

Post by sapskt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:44 pm

One question.. Do we need to submit the UK original bank statement.. as most of the bankers are providing only softcopies.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,