ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hope for Divorce Spouse of EEA national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Hope for Divorce Spouse of EEA national

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 am

After years of misery and restrictive interpretation of Article 13(2) of Directive 2004/38 EC, the UK Court of Appeal has finally capitulated that the judgement in Amos may not be consistent with Article 13(2).

They have not overturned it , but expressed doubts about the Secretary of State's interpretation and made a reference.

Guys may remember that in the case of Nazia Ahmed , who was domestically abused by her Germany husband for many years before she ended the relationship, the tribunal ruled that Ms Ahmed did not qualify for retention as her husband had moved to Pakistan prior to their divorce, where I believe it was obtained.

The tribunal endorsed the restrictive approach in Amos, and expressed a hope that retention cases will not come before them again.

Following a case in Ireland which expressed doubts on the rational in Amos, the Court of Appeal has made a reference in the case of Mrs Ahmed on whether it is a requirement that the EEA national should be a qualified person at time of Divorce.
NA vs Secretary of State for the Home Department]
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Hope for Divorce Spouse of EEA national

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:22 pm

SO you mean NON EU national don't need to show that their former spouse was exercising Treaty rights in the host Member state at the time of their divorce / divorce finalised in order to retain a right of residence ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am

Thank you Obie for keeping us update withe such important information. But my trouble is that i read the document but still don't know the outcome as it end with a question instead of a decision

[u][b]Question

20. Accordingly, we pose the following question for the Court:

"Must a third country national ex-spouse of a Union citizen be able to show that their former spouse was exercising Treaty rights in the host Member state at the time of their divorce in order to retain a right of residence under Article 13(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC?"[/b][/u]

will this lady be issued ROR, or she was already granted residence with article 8. :?:
GOD BLESS!!!

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:20 pm

IS there any decision regarding this case that if non eu spouse will get PR after three years of divorce or ...?

jonny chem
Newly Registered

Post by jonny chem » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:53 pm

hi
i m waiting for judgement .bcz i applay pr and refuse bcz ho asking me my ex wife time of divorce proof she was in host country.i have full 4 years record.i knw she was in this country and she was not working that time. my marrige was more thn 4 yeras.wen i applay thet revoke my visa and send me deportation latter.i dont no where is my ex wife is.
if ECUJ GIVE GOOD JUDGMENT THN I WILL BE OK.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:04 pm

You could have appealed

jonny chem
Newly Registered

Post by jonny chem » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:09 pm

i appeal and my date in march 2015.obi wats u think eucj give judgement before march.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Depending on the nature of your case, the court could ask the Home Office to investigate your wife's tax record, might even stay the proceedings, pending the outcome of the CJEU case.

I am sure the CJEU case will not be out in March Next year.

jonny chem
Newly Registered

Post by jonny chem » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:56 pm

thanks obi

jonny chem
Newly Registered

Post by jonny chem » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:24 am

hi obi
when u expected the decision will come.?i search every where no any information .

Anita2015
Newly Registered

Post by Anita2015 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 am

Hello

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:04 am

The decision will come when it comes. I am not expecting the decision yet, probably will be out in the Autumn or winter of 2015, or even the spring of 2016.

I am really not the CJEU so i cannot give answers to all your question. I open this thread for informative purposes and not to replying to query . You can ask the tribunal to stay the proceeding, if you believe the case is relevant.

As and when there is an update i shall update the thread accordingly, in my free time.

Anita2015
Newly Registered

Post by Anita2015 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello Obie

Thanks for sharing NA's case.

gunesz
Newly Registered

Post by gunesz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 am

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help us. We cannot go to UK until my husband will not obtain his divorce paper from his ex wife with who he was married 13yrs ago. She is from IRL. We tried aksing her and tried via sol but she refusing communicate with us. She just said, until my husband pays 50,000 EUR as child support she wont tell us nothing. Now, they married in IRL and after 4 month marrige they separated and left IRL. He even had his RC. The family stopped communicating with him, not allowed to see or speak to his child either. Is there anyway to obtain divorce paper? We emaild to all court in IRL but they say there is no evidence of divorce. Last time when my husband tried to email her she wrote back only this: Bigamist.....ufff... now we have no idea what is going on and i have a job offer there from May but if I cant bring my husband then i dont know what to do. :(

gondal87
Newly Registered

EEA retained right of residence

Post by gondal87 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:55 am

I married to my EU national partner in August 2011, marriage lasted for 3 years and we are recently going through divorce. I'm looking to apply for right of residence post divorce. My ex partner is not willing to provide me any of her documents (pay slips, bills etc) she will not even let me have access ti medical insurance certificates.

currently I'm self employed, and have now got myself covered under new fully comprensive medical insurance. marriage lasted for 3 years before the divorce petition was submitted.

What are the possibilites of me being abble to obtain right of residence.

Can someone please advice any help in relation to my application.

Thanks

gondal87
Newly Registered

Post by gondal87 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Any idea about above >?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA retained right of residence

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 am

gondal87 wrote:I married to my EU national partner in August 2011, marriage lasted for 3 years and we are recently going through divorce. I'm looking to apply for right of residence post divorce. My ex partner is not willing to provide me any of her documents (pay slips, bills etc) she will not even let me have access ti medical insurance certificates.

currently I'm self employed, and have now got myself covered under new fully comprensive medical insurance. marriage lasted for 3 years before the divorce petition was submitted.

What are the possibilites of me being abble to obtain right of residence.

Can someone please advice any help in relation to my application.

Thanks
you can buy insurance for her and if you have joint bank account don't think there will be any problem
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021