ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FSW - UK Citizen

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolrock

Applying for FSW - UK Citizen

Post by coolrock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:06 pm

HI All,

I am a naturalized British Citizen (Previously an Indian National) and I am interested in applying for FSW to immigrate to Canada.

As a British Citizen do I need to take English Language Test for applying to FSW?
I have a Masters Degree from UK University.

My wife (Naturalized British Citizen) working as Senior Support Consultant will move to Canada with me, if my application is successful.

Would she require an English Language Test, as she holds a Bachelors Degree from India.

Thanks

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Applying for FSW - UK Citizen

Post by seanjoe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi.
Regardless of where you were born or which country you hail from, you need to prove your English language via a set of tests as decided by CIC. IELTS is what I've done; and you get points based on your level acquired. If your wife is moving with you, her points will also be added to yours if she has done the test as well, else she will get 0 points.
Check: www.cic.gc.ca for info.
sean