ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPONSORSHIP LETTER FOR SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

i.need.help
Member of Standing

SPONSORSHIP LETTER FOR SPOUSE VISA

Post by i.need.help » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Is it a mandatory requirement for the sponsor to include a sponsorship letter?

What should be included in it?

Can this be used https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf ? Or is this form also required?

Please advise, thanks.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

batleykhan

Re: SPONSORSHIP LETTER FOR SPOUSE VISA

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:34 pm

A sponsorship supporting letter is helpful as it gives you an opportunity to give brief background of you and your spouse ( ie how and where you met, how you intend to support your spouse if and when they arrive in UK, that you are in fact supportive of their application etc).

The SU07 is not required for spouse visa and should not be completed.This form is mainly for elderly dependants ( parents etc)applications.

If you are struggling to find the correct format letter, PM and I will send you a sample

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 am

batleykhan wrote:A sponsorship supporting letter is helpful as it gives you an opportunity to give brief background of you and your spouse ( ie how and where you met, how you intend to support your spouse if and when they arrive in UK, that you are in fact supportive of their application etc).

The SU07 is not required for spouse visa and should not be completed.This form is mainly for elderly dependants ( parents etc)applications.

If you are struggling to find the correct format letter, PM and I will send you a sample
I've sent you a PM.

Another thing, do I need to also send my passport copy + passport size photo with the visa documents?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

nirupen
Newly Registered

Post by nirupen » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:36 am

Can you please send me a sample spouse letter :D ?