ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thailand Travel on Indian Passport & British Citizenship

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kenfrapin

Thailand Travel on Indian Passport & British Citizenship

Post by kenfrapin » Sat May 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi,

I have gone through a few threads on this forum (though not very easy to find for my specific example) and believe I have up to 3 months from the date I am conferred as a British Citizen to stop using my old Indian passport

The issue we have is
1. Applying for Naturalization mid June
2. Expecting, as an average, to get the actual certificate by August end (is this a fair assumption or does it take longer to get approval letter and complete the ceremony?)
3. We have a family trip planned to Thailand last week of Sept

So, as per http://hcilondon.in/renunciation.php we can travel to Thailand using our Indian Passport as its just 4 weeks after we get British Citizenship. Threads have also said coming back to the UK using my Indian passport and ILR wont be an issue. Is this true? I dont want to cause any problems and asking to be clear on what is allowed

Thanks
KP

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Renunciation/Surrender of Indian Passports wrote:There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel.
So, should be okay.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ralsv
Newly Registered

Re: Thailand Travel on Indian Passport & British Citizenship

Post by ralsv » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am

Hi there,
So how did it go.
Were you able to travel to India and Thailand and back to UK without any issue?
Thanks

ban.s

Re: Thailand Travel on Indian Passport & British Citizenship

Post by ban.s » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:15 pm

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is 2+ year old and the OP last visited on Sep 2012.
If you have a specific question please post here.