ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Musa

Accommodation for spouse visa

Post by Musa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Asalam-o-alikum friends!

I have been a silent reader of this forum since years and its very help full. I am settled here in UK and going to apply spouse visa for my wife in January 2015 from Pakistan. i full fill all visa requirements but confuse about accommodation requirement. I am living in sharing rented house now. I can arrange a flat or a house once my wife get her visa approved.

My question is that how a private land lord can give me in written that a house or flat will be available for us as their is no time limit in spouse visa approval ?

I search online and found that home office says "You may wish to submit any documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation until you have received your visa"
See page 3 : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

Please ans my query
Regards
Jawad

Musa

Re: Accommodation for spouse visa

Post by Musa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:23 am

Hello friends!!!
No Ans yet :(

Can someone answer my simple query plzzzz... i need your help.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:52 am

You should show that you have accommodation arrangements in place for spouse's arrival.

Sharing is okay as long as you have your own bedroom for your exclusive use and the accommodation is not overcrowded.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you vinny .

Just a quick clarification for my satisfaction. In case, my sharing accommodation is not suitable for couple (me and wife) then should i find new property and start paying rent and council tax ?

As we know there is no time limit for spouse visa, off course this will be more costly and useless till my wife get her visa approved.. God knows in 6 months or a year :roll:

Kind Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:35 pm

You may request the effective date of her visa to be deferred for up to 3 months. Start the accommodation arrangements then.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Musa

Post by Musa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Thanks for great help vinny.

Regards
Musa