ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal point bcz Employer's Liability Insurance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yyhh1
Newly Registered

refusal point bcz Employer's Liability Insurance

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi Everyone Here

I applied PSW Switch to Tier 1 (50K) and my application has been refused because of i dont provide employer's libility insurance ( i did not buy Employer's Liability Insurance. i will be really grateful if anyone could give me best and honest advise and thanks in advance.

Regards

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Re: refusal point bcz Employer's Liability Insurance

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Di you provide any kind of business insurance ?

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Unfortunately not!

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 pm

nasirkhan wrote:Di you provide any kind of business insurance ?
Unfortunately not, but I buy one after the refusal

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:26 pm

yyhh1 wrote:
When did you apply ??????

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Just search online and compare. Do you have employees ? If not how can they refuse your applications on such a flimsy pretext ?

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:35 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
yyhh1 wrote:
When did you apply ??????
12/2013 Apply; 01/2014 Interview; 02/2014 refusal and start appeal;22/10/2014 (tomorrow) Hearing!!!

so please help me!! If they asking about the insurance what im suppose to say? Is there any other advice about the hearing process?

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

If you are the only employee of your company, you are exempt from getting Employers liability insurance otherwise you are in trouble.

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

nasirkhan wrote:If you are the only employee of your company, you are exempt from getting Employers liability insurance otherwise you are in trouble.
I have two staff who work for me. But The fact is one of my employee is based in china, the other one was unpaid student from 12/2013-03/2014 (at the interview 01/2014 I answered that i dont have insurance) and become my employee after 03/2013 at that time I have the insurance (It has been attached in my appeal eveidence already). The questionis Do I need to explain it tomorrow at the court? Thanks!!!!

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:55 pm

yyhh1 wrote:
nasirkhan wrote:If you are the only employee of your company, you are exempt from getting Employers liability insurance otherwise you are in trouble.
I have two staff who work for me. But The fact is one of my employee is based in china, the other one was unpaid student from 12/2013-03/2014 (at the interview 01/2014 I answered that i dont have insurance) and become my employee after 03/2013 at that time I have the insurance (It has been attached in my appeal eveidence already). The questionis Do I need to explain it tomorrow at the court? Thanks!!!!
Just say that you were not bound by the law to have employers insurance whilst you were a 1 man company and as soon as you hired employer/s, you got the required insurance.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:03 pm

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:10 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
yyhh1 wrote:
Just say that you were not bound by the law to have employers insurance whilst you were a 1 man company and as soon as you hired employer/s, you got the required insurance.
But I`ve been mentioned about those two people at interview I'm not sure if is ok to say I dont have any one help me (My lawer advised there is definition difference between staff /worker and employee, I just not really sure how to make such point in a righy way).

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:39 pm

yyhh1 wrote:But I`ve been mentioned about those two people at interview I'm not sure if is ok to say I dont have any one help me (My lawer advised there is definition difference between staff /worker and employee, I just not really sure how to make such point in a righy way).
I don't know about that bruv. Maybe someone more knowledgeable here can elaborate.
Good Luck and post your experience here.

yyhh1
Newly Registered

Post by yyhh1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
yyhh1 wrote:But I`ve been mentioned about those two people at interview I'm not sure if is ok to say I dont have any one help me (My lawer advised there is definition difference between staff /worker and employee, I just not really sure how to make such point in a righy way).
I don't know about that bruv. Maybe someone more knowledgeable here can elaborate.
Good Luck and post your experience here.
Thanks for helping, good luck for everyone!

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello yyhh,

Sorry to hear your refusal.

Nasir khan 100% right that 'you were not bound by the law to have employers insurance whilst you were a 1 man company and as soon as you hired employer/s, you got the required insurance.'

Because i was going to have business insurance for my company , insurance company asked me question that do i have any employee i said no..then insurance company person told me that i am not liable for insurance untill i hire atleast one employee..

So in your case if you had hired any employee at the time of application then you needed insurance but if you were on your own then you did not need that.

Cheers.

Good luck
Best Regards

Rockey

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 pm

employers' liability is its name, not necessarily means it is all about employees if a business has any. in his case he did not have any compulsory insurances at all that a business must have, known as ''professional indemnity'' and ''public liability''. and yes off course one can choose not have employers' liability insurance towards employees if a business does not have an or any employee but if you plan to employ anyone in near future you should have this policy added to, and price wont go up even if it did,be few£.
thanks,

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:01 am

Have you got a lawyer representing you? It would say you should get one to avoid falling into the legal trap

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Sonheaven, please stop advertising your lawyer on this forum. This is against the policy of this forum.

Guys, I filtered through the past posts of this person. 95% of this person's posts (sonheaven) are about referring people to his lawyer. This person is probably himself lawyer/accountant posing to be a client and referring innocent people to himself to generate business.

Beware.