ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faani

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by faani » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:09 am

faani wrote:
furbs wrote:Called today as my 6 months are up today

Got the standard still under consideration reply
the guy who spoke to me advised me to write to the liverpool office so and said the caseworker would be able to tell me why it is taking so long

has anybody else written to the home office? can you share your letter

Hiya

Pls write to your MP n HO it will diffenitely work

We got approval after 8 months ( we wrote to HO n our MP n got approval after one month)

InshaAllah you will get your approval soon......

Good luck

sewa
Newly Registered

Post by sewa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Good evening everyone I heard from someone who works in the h/o that those applications are just sitting there and most has not even been allocated to a case worker
the explanation was the applications they receive which are not treated within a certain time frame and eventually fall out of Service level agreement has to be left until they can get people in on overtime to deal with them. They would need to get approval for overtime etc in the meantime they sit there gathering dust
The strange logic is that if they leave new applications to treat old applications the new ones might fall behind as well affecting their statistics so they keep treating new ones as they come In.
Realistically what policy change are they waiting for whilst new applications are getting approvals daily? Are the new applications also not subject to the same policy changes ?
I understand all those reasons including conducting external checks etc are holding excuses that has been approved as lines to people who are inquiring . They would at some point get it sorted and hopefully we don't all have to wait for much longer. Apparently there are a lot of applications sitting there untouched from may/june as a fall out of the passport backlog issue

Holly05
Newly Registered

Post by Holly05 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 am

Hello all,

Will it not be ideal to take this further and let it make headline in the news?

This is so unfair if our applications are just sitting down in HO gathering dust while they treat most recent applications.

I don't think it will be difficult to write to bbc or itv.

Holly

sewa
Newly Registered

Post by sewa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 am

If anyone has the means to take it to the news it might be worth trying
Unfortunately they have the cover of the 5% of applications outside 6 months to hide under
its only a question of time really

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi there,
I have been waiting since February 20 all the things I have used but no body was helped I have tried to asked home office through email about 9 time and they reply just 3 time and since July they didn't replying. Even I have cantected MP for several time but unfortunately the reply I received is the same as home office they said your application is on Mandotory checks and will be taking more then 6 month. Which is very frustrating but what can I do.
This is clear discrimination from the home office to refugee status holder.
Best wishes for the rest.
Babe khyber

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
I have been waiting since February 20 all the things I have used but no body was helped I have tried to asked home office through email about 9 time and they reply just 3 time and since July they didn't replying. Even I have cantected MP for several time but unfortunately the reply I received is the same as home office they said your application is on Mandotory checks and will be taking more then 6 month. Which is very frustrating but what can I do.
Babe khyber
I wrote the Home Secretary Theresa May and told what I had to say,about hw they telling us they're waiting for the change of policy which gone effect our application outcome and hw this is not legal and can't change the policy after taking the money,they should've tell us at least in early 2014 about the change of policy ,then we would decide to go on with our application or leave it,like when they asked for crb checks or life in uk and level 3 English,all of this they published at least 6 months before coming to force...mp doesn't work my friends,Some of us really get beating up by ukvi sneaky game mentally I mean ...write to home secretary by email and actual letter to her office,write to organisations which can deal with this matters and ask why im getting complete different treatment,why some of us waiting from November and December 2013 and yet didn't received noting...write to no.10 even and demand the explanation hw someone waiting over 1 year and after all this time u tell him/her oh sorry we are waiting for change of policy but someone else applied on 3 November 2014 got his approval Saturday the 22 November ,that's mean under 3 weeks...why???leave the mp and start writing to big guys like minister and even prime minister himself...if 50 of us do this we got there attention,I wrote an email to home secretary and gone post a letter tomorrow with record delivery to her office,my next move is to write to no.10....I'm just 1 person and may can't do much but if few of u who's looking for explanation why this the way of new ukvi write to big guys...I hope to hear from u soon..good luck

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Post by chrisonrails » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 pm

For folks on this thread, I would suggest we write to shadow home secretory, Yvette Cooper, since current h/o ( Mrs May ) is ignoring us. I think what we should do is - put up a joint email and gather everyone's real name, address then send it to Mrs Cooper ( I think a collection of scanned acknowledgement letters from HO is even better). Joint letter is stronger than individual emails as this shows it is not a separate incident but a well spread issue, and it is time for us to join together to express our anger and frustration.

If you guys think this is a good idea, please reply this with your support and message me your real name ( not address needed yet ) , if I gather enough support, I will get my solicitor friend come up with some short text and put it here for review , and we can take from there...

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:
Babe khyber
I wrote the Home Secretary Theresa May and told what I had to say,about hw they telling us they're waiting for the change of policy which gone effect our application outcome and hw this is not legal and can't change the policy after taking the money,they should've tell us at least in early 2014 about the change of policy ,then we would decide to go on with our application or leave it,like when they asked for crb checks or life in uk and level 3 English,all of this they published at least 6 months before coming to force...mp doesn't work my friends,we are from middle East,Pakistan and EU members really getting bit up by ukvi sneaky game...wrote to home secretary by email and actual letter to her office,write to human right activist organisations and demand why it's because im from Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan or eu member getting complete different treatment,why some of us waiting from November and December 2013 and yet didn't received noting...write to no.10 even and demand the explanation hw someone waiting over 1 year and after all this time u tell him/her oh sorry we are waiting for change of policy but someone else applied on 3 November 2014 got his approval Saturday the 22 November ,that's mean under 3 weeks...why???leave the mp and start writing to big guys like minister and even prime minister himself...if 50 of us do this we got there attention,I wrote an email to home secretary and gone post a letter tomorrow with record delivery to her office,my next move is to write to no.10....I'm just 1 person and may can't do much but if few of u who's looking for explanation why this the way of new ukvi write to big guys...I hope to hear from u soon..good luck

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 pm

chrisonrails wrote:For folks on this thread, I would suggest we write to shadow home secretory, Yvette Cooper, since current h/o ( Mrs May ) is ignoring us. I think what we should do is - put up a joint email and gather everyone's real name, address then send it to Mrs Cooper ( I think a collection of scanned acknowledgement letters from HO is even better). Joint letter is stronger than individual emails as this shows it is not a separate incident but a well spread issue, and it is time for us to join together to express our anger and frustration.

If you guys think this is a good idea, please reply this with your support and message me your real name ( not address needed yet ) , if I gather enough support, I will get my solicitor friend come up with some short text and put it here for review , and we can take from there...

Count me in..

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:
Babe khyber
I wrote the Home Secretary Theresa May and told what I had to say,about hw they telling us they're waiting for the change of policy which gone effect our application outcome and hw this is not legal and can't change the policy after taking the money,they should've tell us at least in early 2014 about the change of policy ,then we would decide to go on with our application or leave it,like when they asked for crb checks or life in uk and level 3 English,all of this they published at least 6 months before coming to force...mp doesn't work my friends,we are from middle East,Pakistan and EU members really getting bit up by ukvi sneaky game...wrote to home secretary by email and actual letter to her office,write to human right activist organisations and demand why it's because im from Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan or eu member getting complete different treatment,why some of us waiting from November and December 2013 and yet didn't received noting...write to no.10 even and demand the explanation hw someone waiting over 1 year and after all this time u tell him/her oh sorry we are waiting for change of policy but someone else applied on 3 November 2014 got his approval Saturday the 22 November ,that's mean under 3 weeks...why???leave the mp and start writing to big guys like minister and even prime minister himself...if 50 of us do this we got there attention,I wrote an email to home secretary and gone post a letter tomorrow with record delivery to her office,my next move is to write to no.10....I'm just 1 person and may can't do much but if few of u who's looking for explanation why this the way of new ukvi write to big guys...I hope to hear from u soon..good luck

SKK27
Newly Registered

Post by SKK27 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 pm

chrisonrails wrote:For folks on this thread, I would suggest we write to shadow home secretory, Yvette Cooper, since current h/o ( Mrs May ) is ignoring us. I think what we should do is - put up a joint email and gather everyone's real name, address then send it to Mrs Cooper ( I think a collection of scanned acknowledgement letters from HO is even better). Joint letter is stronger than individual emails as this shows it is not a separate incident but a well spread issue, and it is time for us to join together to express our anger and frustration.

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:
Babe khyber

Hi ,Your idea sounds good.
I am Ok with this concept.
Let me know if someone else is ready...then we can proceed..
My application received on 8th of May 2014.MP is chasing since last one month,no answer of the letter received by HO on 12/11/2014 yet.
After 5 year of ILR..two kids are by birth citizen of UK..age 9 and 4.,Me and wife applied together and paid £1812.NCS Redbridge.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi,I sent u my name thorough privet msg..let me knw what else u need from me to form that complain letter with the help of ur lawyer friend who knows the law better than us

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:31 pm

have a list of those who are still waiting for a decision, if any one left add your name, date and national

1) mhsadique: 21 may 2014 BGD
2) Jav0786: 14 may 2014 PAK
3) Uroojabbas 14 may 2014 PAK
4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
5) Wassem80 14 may 2014 PAK
6) Kash81 27 may 2014 PAK
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8 King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
10) ROMFORD1 12 MAY 2014 PAK
11) WAITINGGOBSERVER 28 MAY 2014
12) Syed Fida 29 May Pakistani
13) FURBS 21 MAY 2014 PAKISTANI
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
15) RAHIM_DAD 28 MAY 2014
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
20) CARINOSO_YO 22MAY 2014 ALGERIA
21) Iva_Rocher 6 May 2014, Russian Federation
22) AAH01 19 May 2014, Poland
23) amk_amk 6 may 2014 Polish
24) emfrench date? nationality?
25) Someone1983 19 may 2014 Iranian
26) Sewa 15 may 2014 Nigerian
27) ieroflif 19 may 2014 Russian Federation
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
31) :mrgreen:
32)
33)

amk_amk
Newly Registered

Post by amk_amk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 pm

mhsadique wrote:have a list of those who are still waiting for a decision, if any one left add your name, date and national

4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8 King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
32)
33)
Such a shame that all takes so long. Our application is still under consideration, we are approaching 7 months of waiting. Keep fingers crossed for everyone!

kash81
Newly Registered

Post by kash81 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:
Babe khyber
Hi chrisonrails, its good ideal im with you and i sent u pm with my real name. i applied on 27 May if u need any more info let me know please thank you.

Ugo
Newly Registered

Post by Ugo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:44 pm

4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8 King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
32) Ugo 22 May Nigeria
33)

I am also still waiting, 5 years spouse of British/EEA, no PR.

fromreading
Newly Registered

Post by fromreading » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 am

hi
i am waiting too for decision why you guys didn't put me in list

Fromreading: applied 14th May and still waiting
please put me in list aswell

Thankyou

Medinamoe
Newly Registered

Post by Medinamoe » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 am

Please add me too:
Applied 20 May 2014 from South Africa

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:10 am

we have a list of those who are still waiting for a decision

I know some of silent viewer still waiting :D

4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8| King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
31) Ugo 22 may Nigeria
32) Fromreading 14 may National?
33) Medinameo 20 may South Africa
34) if any one left from this list plz add ur self. (delete)
35)

darker7
Newly Registered

Post by darker7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:10 am

I have been reading these posts with a lot of interest which eventually became frustrating. As I can see it's not where you come from. The majority onot the list from what I can see are Muslim.

Here comes the so called extra checks. Do you have any links with organisations that preach terror. Have you been on holiday and if so where and why. That looks like the issue.
I applied in May and still waiting.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 pm

darker7 wrote:I have been reading these posts with a lot of interest which eventually became frustrating. As I can see it's not where you come from. The majority onot the list from what I can see are Muslim.

Here comes the so called extra checks. Do you have any links with organisations that preach terror. Have you been on holiday and if so where and why. That looks like the issue.
I applied in May and still waiting.
If it gives you any consolidation, I'm Christian, 5ft11, blond, blue-eyed and the archetypical German Madel. Not a May application, but June - not far off :P .

I find the whole situation extremely unsatisfactory, there just doesn't seem to be any justifiable reason why some of us have to wait that long, and others (who, judging by the countries of their birth, are likely to be Muslims) get their approval within a few weeks!

Best of luck all of us!

Kxx
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Samaralady:
I think you make a mistake,In fact the one from Muslim countries kept over 6 months Mostly .the only one getting on time at the moment are usually from commonweal area nationals..if u check the result of waiting board, easy u can see mostly from Pakistan,Bangladesh,Algeria and Middle East which this countries are Muslim countries..pls once again check..I'm not saying people from this countries don't get approve but compare to ho achieving goal of %95 in 6 months is not balanced,that's mean 9 out of 10 all applicant equally should get approval or refuse result during 6 months but if u looks closely u can see the average of approval is %40-%50 and not %95...just checks one more time

fromreading
Newly Registered

Post by fromreading » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:04 pm

mhsadique wrote:we have a list of those who are still waiting for a decision

I know some of silent viewer still waiting :D

4) Vsharma 6 may 2014
7) Phadrian 12 may 2014
8| King Hassi 02 MAY 2014
9) HUSSAIN79 19 MAY 2014
14) FAZHUQUE 20 MAY 2014
16) SKK27 02 MAY 2014
17) [ID] 01 MAY 2014
18) Daivin 12 may 2014
19) Mosto 12 may 2014
28) Holl05 12 may 2014
29) Murphy1
30) Fad777 2 may 2014
31) Ugo 22 may Nigeria
32) Fromreading 14 may Pakistan
33) Medinameo 20 may South Africa
34) if any one left from this list plz add ur self. (delete)
35)

lasarrr
Newly Registered

Post by lasarrr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 am

i applied 29th may, so the 6 month period is almost up

does anyone have contact info available?

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm

lasarrr wrote:i applied 29th may, so the 6 month period is almost up

does anyone have contact info available?
0300 123 2253

They have an email address, but it's pointless writing to them, you only get automated replies.

Let me know what they say after six months - in my case (5 1/2) they just said it's still under consideration and I should wait 6 months. Would be interesting to see what they say to 6months plus people.

Best of luck.

Kxx

PS: Just found this one in the April 2014 thread: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

This might get you through to a human being or a member of staff at the Home Office
Last edited by Samaralady on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Sonnyboy8011 wrote:Samaralady:
I think you make a mistake,In fact the one from Muslim countries kept over 6 months Mostly .the only one getting on time at the moment are usually from commonweal area nationals..if u check the result of waiting board, easy u can see mostly from Pakistan,Bangladesh,Algeria and Middle East which this countries are Muslim countries..pls once again check..I'm not saying people from this countries don't get approve but compare to ho achieving goal of %95 in 6 months is not balanced,that's mean 9 out of 10 all applicant equally should get approval or refuse result during 6 months but if u looks closely u can see the average of approval is %40-%50 and not %95...just checks one more time
I'm really sorry to hear that, I absolutely support tough backround checks, but they should be carried out on everyone, not just on a section of society, and they certainly cannot justify such a long wait. Having said that, I feel somewhat better that I'm not alone in my misery, I'm really peeved, I wanted to apply for a British passport but if the way in which naturalisation is being handled is any indication of how the passport applications are being handled, I happily save that money until my German passport runs out.
Albert Einstein

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Samaralady wrote:
Sonnyboy8011 wrote:Samaralady:

I'm really sorry to hear that, I absolutely support tough backround checks, but they should be carried out on everyone, not just on a section of society, and they certainly cannot justify such a long wait. Having said that, I feel somewhat better that I'm not alone in my misery, I'm really peeved, I wanted to apply for a British passport but if the way in which naturalisation is being handled is any indication of how the passport applications are being handled, I happily save that money until my German passport runs out.

I agree with u %1000000000000 regarding tough background checks and again %10000000000 I agree with u it should be for everyone and not just for few groups of race and faith...about passport don't worry after landing citizenship it doesn't take more than 6 weeks for sure if the backlog solve...good luck and wish u to have a good karma on ur side.
Last edited by Sonnyboy8011 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.