ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in India to british citizen father ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smkuk

Child born in India to british citizen father ?

Post by Smkuk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry to ask the repeted question may be.but i cannot see appropriate case like this
please advice

I am british citizen. My wife is on ILR
we are in India for more than 8 months
We have baby born in india 6 months ago.

What is the best option I need to do please advice
1) My wife passport spouse name is not there, should i need to add first and then apply indian passprot for child.
so after getting Indian passport as Identity document, then apply for british passport.
or
2) I don't need to add spouse name and apply direct for British passport with only birth certificate and hospital records.

3) If I apply direct british passport for child (what are the documents required)?

4) Do I get interview from British consulate for child passport / Father need to be present at interview.

5) How much processing time from India

6) Counter signatory British passport holder must physical see the child in India or BP holder in UK can sign and send me application.

7) father has to give original passport with application or just photo copy.

Please suggest me urgent, soon i need to apply.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Child born in India to british citizen father ?

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:42 pm

You could apply for British Passport directly, as you child qualifies under section 2 of the 1981 act, or you could simply apply for an Indian Passport and a Certificate of the right of abode or Certificate of entitlement.

If you apply for British Passport, you child will not qualify for indian passport.

He may qualify for OCI Passport instead.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kumar1980
Newly Registered

Re: Child born in India to british citizen father ?

Post by kumar1980 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi

i'm naturalised British citizen and my wife is on dependent visa

we had a baby boy 2 months back in india now i'm applying for my son british passport next month

i need a small information regarding the application fees ??

do we need to mention in GBP or Indian rupees and how much it include returning the documents as well

many thanks

regards

kumar
kumar1980