ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant and sponsor licence revoked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gojira
Newly Registered

Pregnant and sponsor licence revoked

Post by gojira » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi

I am currently pregnant and found out that my current sponsor (Tier 2 rated A) licence had been revoked. I am not sure as to whether the HO will notify me of curtailed stay (60 days). My question is, can I possibly find a sponsor who is going to hire me? I am giving birth in 2 months time. I can't possibly work now but I am looking into going back to work as soon as possible after I gave birth and not planning on taking a long maternity leave. Will the HO give consideration to my situation and not curtail my leave to 60 days because I am pregnant? Please help

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Pregnant and sponsor licence revoked

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 am

Will pregnancy stop curtailment action - no
It will actually make things far worse as if you are not employed at the time of birth and NHS conduct the usual checks with UKVI you will be treated as fee paying patient. The bill for any NHS treatment above £1000 will have to be paid if you wish to remain in the UK.

Curtailment letters are taking a while to be issued so it is unlikely that you will receive notification for a number of weeks. Once you receive it that will give you 60 days to ger a new COS and apply etc. So there is a possibility that you will not fall into the trap above but be mindful of the possibility.

Out of interest why did your Sponsor lose their licence?

gojira
Newly Registered

Post by gojira » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:49 pm

They didn't go into details as it is a big company. I hope that I will receive the curtailment letter from HO after I give birth. But at the moment, is there anything I can do? Is it possible for a company to sponsor me and go for unpaid maternity leave for maybe 2-3 months until I give birth? Is it going to affect my ILR when I apply next year? Moderators please help!

gojira
Newly Registered

Post by gojira » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 pm

They didn't go into details as it is a big company. I hope that I will receive the curtailment letter from HO after I give birth. But at the moment, is there anything I can do? Is it possible for a company to sponsor me and go for unpaid maternity leave for maybe 2-3 months until I give birth? Is it going to affect my ILR when I apply next year? Moderators please help!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 am

gojira wrote:Is it possible for a company to sponsor me and go for unpaid maternity leave for maybe 2-3 months until I give birth?
I would say that would be extremely unlikely.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:48 am

Look at it this way, any company who likes your CV may call you for interview but as soon as your condition is known, it's very unlikely you will be offered a job. If they say they won't hire you because you are pregnant, that would be illegal, but only an absolute idiot would say as much. Clearly your pregnancy will be the reason but, until the thought-detector machine has been perfected and generally available, any sensible employer will simply ignore or overlook your condition (make no mention of it) but disconsider your candidacy, saying they have chosen to hire one of the other interviewees (surely there will be others) based on his or her merits and the employer's freedom to choose whosoever they desire. You need a new plan.

gojira
Newly Registered

Post by gojira » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:07 am

Thank you for your reply. You see, my problem is I am trying to look for a way not to be illegal in this country and the only reason that is stopping me is because I am pregnant and I am due to give birth soon. I know I am in a pretty bad situation but please can someone shed some light on me as to what I should do for me to be able to get a new sponsor?..

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 am

It would be a miracle if a Sponsor would take you on at this time if you cannot work.
They would have to pay your salary for you not to be there as they cannot offer unpaid leave to a new starter.

Your previous Sponsor you say was a big company, I find it strange that a big company would manage to find itself being revoked. Any company worth it's salt would hire in a legal team to fight to keep its licence. So I am somewhat doubtful about it being a big company.
Were you contracting or were you actually employed within the company?

gojira
Newly Registered

Post by gojira » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:19 am

I am employed and we are 60 staff on work permit.. So you are saying I am hopeless? Please help!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:12 pm

We can't help in any practical way. We can't comment on the status of your sponsor. All we can do is say what you need to do if the sponsor licence is not reinstated and your leave is revoked. You have been told that you need to find a new sponsor but that finding such will be virtually impossible. You should be considering your situation with a view to returning while you are still able to travel.