ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit And tax credit (working and child)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel62

Child Benefit And tax credit (working and child)

Post by angel62 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 am

Dear Sirs,
I need advise regarding claiming child benefits and tax credits.
I have ILR but my Mrs are on PBS dependent and do not want any trouble and breach of her conditions.
As I come to know through this forum that it will not impact on her future application .

How I claim child benefit on my name only as the child benefit form asked father and mother details.

Working and child tax credit although will be on our joint names but they pay child credit who look after the children and as My mrs look after so payment will be paid in her account not mine.Although working tax credit will be paid in my account as I am working only.

Any other benefit that we are entitle to claim without any impact on my Mrs current and future applications,then also please advise .
Kind regards

angel62

Re: Child Benefit And tax credit (working and child)

Post by angel62 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:03 am

Dear Senior members,
I am waiting for somebody to reply regarding my above post. Please advise me.I will be very thankful to you.
Kind regard

angel62

Post by angel62 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Still waiting for reply and will be very thankful.

angel62

Post by angel62 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi,
Can any body help me about my above post.Waiting for a reply.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 pm

angel62 wrote:Dear Sirs,
I need advise regarding claiming child benefits and tax credits.
I have ILR but my Mrs are on PBS dependent and do not want any trouble and breach of her conditions.
As I come to know through this forum that it will not impact on her future application .

How I claim child benefit on my name only as the child benefit form asked father and mother details.

Working and child tax credit although will be on our joint names but they pay child credit who look after the children and as My mrs look after so payment will be paid in her account not mine.Although working tax credit will be paid in my account as I am working only.

Any other benefit that we are entitle to claim without any impact on my Mrs current and future applications,then also please advise .
Kind regards

you can claim child benefit in your name. you can mention the mother's name on application form, doesn't matter, so long as you are the one receiving the benefit.

tax credits are claimed always jointly by couples, and there will be a single payment. whose account it is it doesn't matter.

you should generally be OK -- since you are entitled there is no way for you to claim without joining your wife on tax credit claim
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

Dianna
Newly Registered

Post by Dianna » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Is it ok for the child benefit to be paid in to a joint account if the account is held by the person claiming the benefit and their spouse who has no recourse to public funds? Recently spoke to UKVI and the advisor mentioned that the person who has no recourse to public funds can not have funds paid in to their account. She couldn't answer me about whether a joint account was a problem. Please help!!