ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Laiba1234

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

@Taj14 Did you email the embassy?
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

taj14

Post by taj14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:@Taj14 Did you email the embassy?
I did not email to embassy .
i have got the email after 6 months of documents submission .

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Its hard for all of us but then again what we need to realize is each day that passes we are getting closer to meeting our spouses Inshallah. Really hope everyone gets their visas Inshallah.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

taj14

Post by taj14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:12 pm

yeah sure :)
i really need support of all of you.
thanx everyone. :D

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Nm.123 wrote:
t0mmy wrote:By the grace of Allah - visa issued.
Applied 7th July 2014- Islamabad.

Good luck to those waiting.
I have noticed post July applicants are getting processed more quicker.

Was bit worried reg the accommodation requirements. My advice: The property inspection report is a must. It should state clearly that there is enough space and won't become over-crowded.
MASHALLAH CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you have a blessed life ahead of you with your spouse. Did you recieve a processed email, if so when did you recieve the email?
Thanks.
I received three emails in total.
Two from the islamabad embassy on this tuesday and one from vfs global on same day.
Also received an sms message from vfs and a call yesterday to collect the documents.
So quite a lot of correspondence :-)

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi tommy,
when did u submit ur application online and docs at visa centre

Thanks.
t0mmy wrote:
Nm.123 wrote:
t0mmy wrote:By the grace of Allah - visa issued.
Applied 7th July 2014- Islamabad.

Good luck to those waiting.
I have noticed post July applicants are getting processed more quicker.

Was bit worried reg the accommodation requirements. My advice: The property inspection report is a must. It should state clearly that there is enough space and won't become over-crowded.
MASHALLAH CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you have a blessed life ahead of you with your spouse. Did you recieve a processed email, if so when did you recieve the email?
Thanks.
I received three emails in total.
Two from the islamabad embassy on this tuesday and one from vfs global on same day.
Also received an sms message from vfs and a call yesterday to collect the documents.
So quite a lot of correspondence :-)

Sannnnnnn

Post by Sannnnnnn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 pm

networkers wrote:
HXM872 wrote:

Hi Networkers,

Could you please guide me on the TUPE ?........Recently my company has been acquired by another company but my employment terms and condition, job title, salary andoffice location are the same as before. I have working at the same place for over a year. So did you apply with CAT A or CAT B ?
Hi HXM872,

TUPE will be considered as continued employment, I applied with CAT A. Make sure your employment letter clearly mention your start of employment date and also do provide the letter you got when you TUPEd to the new company.

Happy to help if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Networkers!

Hi I have same issue TUPE. I was so scared TUPE is gona be a straight refusal. So please clarify lol x I need to hear it 1 more time that TUPE is ongoing employment. So networkers if I get a letter from my employer confirming the TUPE also my length of employment I should be ok right???????? Please explain in detail

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Some things just never change. It's a "Timeline Only" thread and people are still chit chatting.

Why can't people just ****ing type their timelines and leave it at that.

If people want to see other member's timelines they have to sift through page after page of drivel before they get an idea of a timeline.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:10 pm

tallojani wrote:
ab112 wrote:
tallojani wrote:@AB112, I applied with a tenancy agreement on a double room in a shared accommodation, but we didn't have any one residing in the living room and also my accommodation is not in London, so its not a straightforward comparison. As far as my housing inspection report, it mentioned I rent a spacious double bedroom with en-suite and I have un-restricted access to Spam, living room and garden. The surveyor didn't mention the size of our room however he did mention the gender and age of other residents in the property. As I didn't have any utility bills (rent inclusive of all) he mentioned that he has seen our tenancy agreement and letter from council (voting register letter) and that he has no hesitation to confirm that I lawfully reside there, and then listed out a clause from housing act.

I would be very concern if I was you, having a double room flat as a shared accommodation is way risky.
Tenancy will always be in my name. Which surveyor did you use? I contacted a couple in the south east and they say this room should be OK! Do you think you need access to living room as well? Many HMO's dont have a seperate living room for sharing.
I don't understand what you mean when you say tenancy agreement will always be in your name. It has to be, how else are you going to prove you live there? Look at this way, if you just have a double room and no access to living room how would that be seen in ECO's eyes? to me it seems like living in a cage.

Yeah I guess I see what you are saying! Thanks.
I will look for other accommodations with a living room and less people living there!

kk786
Newly Registered

Post by kk786 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:35 pm

hi everyone, Do immigration officers check TB certificate at airport .Can anyone tell his own experience.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 pm

king2be98 wrote:Some things just never change. It's a "Timeline Only" thread and people are still chit chatting.

Why can't people just ****ing type their timelines and leave it at that.

If people want to see other member's timelines they have to sift through page after page of drivel before they get an idea of a timeline.
Come on pal - calm down.. i get what you're saying but so many people find this thread helpful and for the past 7-8 months I've been following I've never seen it timeline only.
I didnt even know there's another up to date thread where people can 'chit-chat'.
Why dont you just post a link to the page??
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

ayesha.bukhari1
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha.bukhari1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Can anyone post the link of the current requirements for the settlement visa to the UK?
Thanks

tiredwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by tiredwaiting » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 pm

alil2014 wrote:
tiredwaiting wrote:yes tax was paid to hmrc automatically by employer.

No they did not take the lowest wage slip, they just added it up for the 6 months.
I dont think they take the lowest slip, unless they made the mistake because of the employment letter issue. In which case its all a big mess :?
As for employment letter - you are non-salaried so what you should have got your employer to state on the letter was that you are non-salaried and have earned the gross amount of £xxxx.xx in the last six months (dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy) this would have made it much clearer for the ECO.

For non-salaried they add up the total for the 6 months relied upon and divide by 6 and then times by 12 to get your annual gross earnings (whereas for salaried they take your payslip and divide by 6 and then times by 12).

I'm sure from your previous posts you stated you were paid cash-in-hand for a few months but did not deposit the exact amount into your bank account as reflected on your payslip? This alone could be a possible point for refusal.

It is best to re-apply but as you said you will not be able to re-apply for another 6 months. So you could try the appeal route and submit a employment letter addressing the issues in the refusal notice and just hope for the best. Good Luck

Yes i was paid in cash for 2 of the 6 months however it doesnt mean a straight refusal. This is because you may still meet the threshold. The rules state they just use your net income on the bank statement and use that along with the lowest gross.

My situation is a bit confusing. Basically yes i was refused because of the ECO using the lower net income on my bank statement to calculate my salary due to the wage slip not matching my bank statement. As a result i was £113 short.

However i applied with 2 jobs under CAT A. I actually missed a wage slip for my 2nd job which was being used to meet the threshold. I have just noticed this and if i had submitted that wage slip then i would have met the threshold.

The ECO has actually missed this above point and not mentioned it, instead based my income on what i have provided. I plan to appeal as the ECO could have requested this missing payslip under the Appendix FM-SE rules it allows them to do this.

I will ask them to reconsider the calculation taking into account the missing payslip. I have drafted a detailed letter explaining how the ECO has calculated my salary as on the refusal letter, and how it would have been with the missing wage slip.

I forgot to include it because for one job i am paid monthly and for the other one 4 weekly.

For the appeal do the original documents that were initially submitted need to be resent or can i just send to them the missing wage slip and employment letter? Would they have copies of the original should they need to refer to it?

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:02 am

vI s

saaz_pak
Newly Registered

Post by saaz_pak » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:05 am

the_silk_route wrote:Good luck to all those going to collect their passports, and inshaAllah all those who are still waiting will receive good news very soon!

I'm still in shock and can't believe that my missus has got her visa! :D

I'm still checking this forum everyday to see how everyone is getting on, and so if anyone needs any help or guidance please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help answer questions about applying with 2 jobs using Cat A and so on.

Oh and if I can give one bit of advice to those looking on submitting an application soon, it is - Don't take the "Solicitors" word for it! Do the research, get info from different sources, compare info, check requirements, make a list, check things off, and triple check everything.
Write down everything you need, and make sure you have everything ready for when you submit your application.

:wink:
I need your help for 2 jobs requirements can you leave your em ail here pls

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 am

Quick update on my behalf,

As you know my wife's case was refused last week however after reading the refusal letter I can convincingly say they have got my financial papers muddled with someone else's!

At first they mentioned I applied to be exempt from financial rules (I did not do this as I am self employed)

Then they mentioned that I had stayed I am a cab driver earning 20,000 once again I have not said this as I am not a cab driver!

Thirdly they mentioned I applied using 2012/2013 accounts which is not true as mine are 2013/2014!!

So shocked it's unbelievable I am reapplyig as I did mess up on the statements bit and sa302 form.

Will be applying again next week just wanted to know has anyone supplied their what's app convos? The log is in a txt form was just going to print it and add it in with other communication.

Also we have a daughter who has right of abode. I was wondering to include her birth certificate and also copy of her passport and the copy of her visa page to add some strength to the visa. What do you guys think?
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

th3

Post by th3 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:05 am

tallojani wrote:...
Thanks man

It's been refused, sadly.

Reason: Financial objection

ECO has raised the points that:
  • He didn't consider any job but 1 (out of the 4).

He is satisfied that I had a salary £19840 in that 1 job.

But that I did not provide an employment letter for this job before my promotion with all the required details (I worked 6 months in one position before my promotion, and 4 months in the promoted position).

Due to this, He has only used the second promoted position and it's wageslips (4 months) to work out my salary. He has not used the 2 months wageslips before the promotion in a different position (at the same company) because I did not provide a seperate employment letter for it (I just provided the contract). They could have asked for 2 months more in the second position or the employment letter of the previous position in April and the case would be over.

He has thus used 4 months wageslips = £7227 as 6 months data and x2, and stated that my salary as thus is 14kish and under the £18.6k requirement
I've been given the right to appeal within 28 days, and he stated, if this issue can be relieved, the decision would be overturned before court.

Points to Note:

- Leaving the job after the application does not make a difference ( I left my job 8 months ago)
- An employment letter is needed for any post you hold
- The salary mentioned on your employment letter doesn't matter
- A child seperated from mother/father for years does not matter to them, and they don't care to consider
- Any urgent human rights, medical or safety problems you or your family abroad may have - they don't care to consider at all (my wife was on immediate deathbed needing urgent blood transfusion - RBC level of 2.5 mmol/g)
- I wasn't asked for anything extra - some ECOs don't ask for extra data even if you have a very high chance success after the missing piece :|

Wa lillahi'l hamd
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 am

greattaurus99 wrote:Salam everyone,

Last week my status was in progress and today I made a query about my status and this is what they replied back

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service. Regarding your query, we have now escalated your case to our higher authorities as there are no current updates in relation to your application. We will be back in touch as soon as we receive a response.
Just received the following reply for my escalated case

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service.With regards to your enquiry, we have received the response as following:

Please be informed that pre-assessment has been completed, and your application is under process for further enquiries – checks.
Syed Salman Gilani
31/07/2014: Biometrics & Application - Islamabad
14/10/2014: Pre assessment and online verification done
10/11/2014: Not yet been assessed by an ECO
26/11/2014: In Progress
05/12/2014: Further enquiries/checks
10/12/2014: Call from Gerry's
11/12/2014: VISA GRANTED :)

Mahanoor
Newly Registered

Post by Mahanoor » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:30 am

Please tell me ilets requirements for settlement 2014. somebody told me now in November 2014 they needs 5 or 5.5 in each section specially in listening and speaking? is that True?

BilalMohammed
Newly Registered

Post by BilalMohammed » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:39 am

Hello Salaam,

After a long stressful wait & thanks to god my Wife has got her spouse visa granted on 3rd Dec 2014.

I have been following this forum for many months and it has been great to see so many people recently getting there visa's also.
We have been married since December 2012 and was coming up to our 2nd anniversary. It has been a very difficult few years and I know most of us on here have been through the same emotions.

We had a visit visa rejected in February this year. Everyone stay strong and remain positive inshallah you will get through it too.

TIMELINE
May 2014 - Application online
5th June 2014 - Documents submitted in Lahore
7th November 2014 - Further enquiries by ECO
1st December 2014 - Call from VAC
3rd December 2014 - VISA COLLECTED & GRANTED

I made two phone escalation calls and emailed UKVI 4 times with two escalations the visa took 6 months 1 week to be processed.

Applied via CAT D Cash Savings (used a UK Solicitors)

I will post a list of the exact same thing documents tonight and hope it can help someone else. Good luck stay strong!

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 am

BilalMohammed wrote:Hello Salaam,

After a long stressful wait & thanks to god my Wife has got her spouse visa granted on 3rd Dec 2014.

I have been following this forum for many months and it has been great to see so many people recently getting there visa's also.
We have been married since December 2012 and was coming up to our 2nd anniversary. It has been a very difficult few years and I know most of us on here have been through the same emotions.

We had a visit visa rejected in February this year. Everyone stay strong and remain positive inshallah you will get through it too.

TIMELINE
May 2014 - Application online
5th June 2014 - Documents submitted in Lahore
7th November 2014 - Further enquiries by ECO
1st December 2014 - Call from VAC
3rd December 2014 - VISA COLLECTED & GRANTED

I made two phone escalation calls and emailed UKVI 4 times with two escalations the visa took 6 months 1 week to be processed.

Applied via CAT D Cash Savings (used a UK Solicitors)

I will post a list of the exact same thing documents tonight and hope it can help someone else. Good luck stay strong!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! May you both have a happy successful life inshallah xxx
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:06 am

Mahanoor wrote:Please tell me ilets requirements for settlement 2014. somebody told me now in November 2014 they needs 5 or 5.5 in each section specially in listening and speaking? is that True?
as per my knowledge they need above a1 level which is 4.5 or above i guess. i gave my IELTS in may and got 7.0 band overall
Syed Salman Gilani

greattaurus99

Post by greattaurus99 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:09 am

Mahanoor wrote:Please tell me ilets requirements for settlement 2014. somebody told me now in November 2014 they needs 5 or 5.5 in each section specially in listening and speaking? is that True?
https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/hc ... lish-exams

International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- General Training or Academic version You must have achieved at least Band Score 4.0 or above in the Speaking and Listening papers.
Syed Salman Gilani

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:17 am

Th3 i am so sorry to hear about ur refusal. Ur post really got to me emotionally i can understand how hard it must b for u especially with a child. Keep strong brother inshallah soon dont lose hope. Let us know if u need any advice or help with anytng, wel try our best
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

akhan4747
Newly Registered

Post by akhan4747 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:36 am

Sorry to hear about your refusal,

My advice to you would be to seek legal advice asap, your case is very simple the rejected on the basis that you did not provide the necessary paper work, on their part they should have asked for the paperwork before rejecting, so you have a chance at appealing the decision. if you do reapply attach the refusal and show how you have met their requirements in a separate letter.

i noticed that you mentioned that you finished working at the business 8 months ago, this may be an issue when reapplying as you will need to meet the threshold as well as be working for the same employer for 6 or more months, which i am sure you are aware.

Inshallah i pray that your case, and everyone else that has been waiting is solved quickly.

Wo kya samjay hamary daarde judi....bus dua karoon ke on ke senay main be dil ho.
It's been refused, sadly.

Reason: Financial objection

ECO has raised the points that:
  • He didn't consider any job but 1 (out of the 4).

He is satisfied that I had a salary £19840 in that 1 job.

But that I did not provide an employment letter for this job before my promotion with all the required details (I worked 6 months in one position before my promotion, and 4 months in the promoted position).

Due to this, He has only used the second promoted position and it's wageslips (4 months) to work out my salary. He has not used the 2 months wageslips before the promotion in a different position (at the same company) because I did not provide a seperate employment letter for it (I just provided the contract). They could have asked for 2 months more in the second position or the employment letter of the previous position in April and the case would be over.

He has thus used 4 months wageslips = £7227 as 6 months data and x2, and stated that my salary as thus is 14kish and under the £18.6k requirement
I've been given the right to appeal within 28 days, and he stated, if this issue can be relieved, the decision would be overturned before court.

Points to Note:

- Leaving the job after the application does not make a difference ( I left my job 8 months ago)
- An employment letter is needed for any post you hold
- The salary mentioned on your employment letter doesn't matter
- A child seperated from mother/father for years does not matter to them, and they don't care to consider
- Any urgent human rights, medical or safety problems you or your family abroad may have - they don't care to consider at all (my wife was on immediate deathbed needing urgent blood transfusion - RBC level of 2.5 mmol/g)
- I wasn't asked for anything extra - some ECOs don't ask for extra data even if you have a very high chance success after the missing piece :|

Wa lillahi'l hamd