ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LondonStrawberry

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Aquaerduo

Thank you so much for your guidance. I am just wondering that I could not find the requirement of police registration for tier 1 general as I Always got extension without it. And how I can justify my absence when I was unemployed :-(. Do you think that they can ask for last 5 years history? I hope I would be fine but bit scared :-).

Regards

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi Aquaerduo

Thank you so much for your guidance. I am just wondering that I could not find the requirement of police registration for tier 1 general as I Always got extension without it. And how I can justify my absence when I was unemployed :-(. Do you think that they can ask for last 5 years history? I hope I would be fine but bit scared :-). Another question that I am self employed and involve in HR and business management services can you pls guide that do I need membership from some body like CIPD or some other?

Regards

ILRUK2014

Post by ILRUK2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Dear All,

I have a question on the bank statement - I have online bank statement which i can print using a color printer and it bears my name; account number; the date of the statement; the financial institution’s name and logo.

Do I still need to get all these statements signed / attested by my Bank? I have requested the hard copy of the statement but I have been told by my bank that they will essentially do the same i.e. print the online copy using a color printer.

I have my appointment next week and not sure what to do next.

Thanks a lot

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:04 pm

LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi Aquaerduo

Thank you so much for your guidance. I am just wondering that I could not find the requirement of police registration for tier 1 general as I Always got extension without it. And how I can justify my absence when I was unemployed :-(. Do you think that they can ask for last 5 years history? I hope I would be fine but bit scared :-). Another question that I am self employed and involve in HR and business management services can you pls guide that do I need membership from some body like CIPD or some other?

Regards
Hi LondonStrawberry,

Police certificate requirement depends on your nationality. Please check the link to see if you are required to register with Met Police https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gistration

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Turmeric wrote:

Regards
Hi LondonStrawberry,

Police certificate requirement depends on your nationality. Please check the link to see if you are required to register with Met Police https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gistration
Hi Turmeric

Thank you for your reply. I don't need police certificate.

Regards

aquaerduo
Newly Registered

Post by aquaerduo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Regards

You don't need to be continuously employed as a Tier 1 G migrant. You only need to meet the earnings requirement for the last 12 months. I'm not sure how the CIPD will help you to be honest, but if you have it there's not harm in submitting it. Again, I'm not a professional advisor. There are many law firms out there providing free initial consultation over the phone - they are best placed to advise you.

gulcurm
Newly Registered

Post by gulcurm » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Success!!! First of all thanks to everyone on this forum who helped us. Most importantly, I was thinking of including my UK born daughter to my application and after seeing the information on this forum about MN1 registration, I saved almost £1500...

1. Category: 5 years on Tier 2 (G)
2. Number of dependents 1
3. Total cost. £2931 via Premium Service
4. PEO branch. Sheffield
5. Documents provided: I put all of our documents in clear pocket files and put in a file. I used sticky labels for easy navigation (see picture). I put everything which can support my application. My total absences were almost 180 days in 5 years (over 100 days for business). I provided letters from my employers confirming the dates and the purposes of my trips.

ANNEX A – Application Payment Sheet
Section 1 – Applicant and Dependent Details
ANNEX 1A – Passports (Current and Expired) (Main and Dependent)
ANNEX 1B – Biometric Residence Permits (Main and Dependent)
ANNEX 1C – Police Registration Certificates (Main and Dependent) (photocopies were taken from the file)
Section 2 – Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
ANNEX 2A – Life in the UK Test Certificates (Main and Dependent) (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 2B – Original Degree Certificate of Main Applicant (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 2C – Points Based System – Self Assessment for Main Applicant
ANNEX 2D – Original Degree Certificate of the Dependent (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 2E – Points Based System – Self Assessment for Dependent
Section 3 – Your Home and Finances
ANNEX 3A – Land Registry Title Information Document and Mortgage Certificate
ANNEX 3B – Last 5 Years P60s
ANNEX 3C – Last 12 months Bank Statements (Salary Paid in) (Halifax)
ANNEX 3D – Last 3 Months Saving Account Statement
Section 6 – Immigration History
ANNEX 6A – Absences from the UK Letter (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 6B – Absences Letter from Current Employer (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 6C – Absences Letter from Previous Employer (photocopies were taken from the file)
Section 11P – Tier 2 Migrant
ANNEX 11P/A – Document from Current Employer (SOC Code, Current Salary, Job Requirement etc) (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 11P/B – Letter from Current Supervisor (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 11P/C – Letter from the School of Chemistry, University of Leeds (photocopies were taken from the file)
ANNEX 11P/D – Last 12 Payslips
Additional Documents – Evidence of Cohabitation
ANNEX AD1 – Marriage Certificate
ANNEX AD2 – Child Birth Certificate
ANNEX AD3 – Council Tax Bills and Bank Statements
ANNEX AD4 – Joint Ended Tenancy Agreement
ANNEX AD5 – NHS Registration Cards (photocopies were taken from the file)

My appointment was at 10am at Sheffield. As I live in Leeds I drove to Sheffield and parked at Blonk Street car park (S1 2AB), which is the cheapest (£2.80 whole day) and very close to the PEO centre. There is a multi-storey car park just opposite of the PEO but it is a lot more expensive than Blonk Street.

I arrived at the PEO at around 9.40, passed security and I was told to go to a counter to check in. The lady at the counter was friendly, asked our reference number. I provided the payment sheet and she gave us a number. She told us to give all of the documents. She took the whole file and told us to wait for the biometrics. We finished at the reception at 9.55. We waited for about half an hour and gave biometrics. The lady told us to come back in 1 hour. We left PEO center at 10.40. We went out for a walk with my wife. When I checked my phone at 11.05, I saw a missed call from a withheld number (I put my phone to silent when I was in) and ran back to PEO. I saw my number in "missed collections" section and went to the reception. One of the ladies (probably an intern), brought our file. She told us to sign couple of documents and gave us our approval letters!!
I noticed that my address was written wrong on the letter (not on my wife's) and told her to change. She took my correct address and told us to wait. A couple of minutes after we saw our caseworker the first time. She apologised and promised me to send my BRP to the correct address and gave a new letter with the correct address.

That's all my story. My case was very straightforward 5 years on Tier 2 General, changed jobs once, my salary is well over the threshold, no convictions etc. Two things I was concerned were, one; employment gap for about 5 weeks when I changed jobs but I was in the UK and my application was in progress within that period, two; I receive child benefit for our daughter. Turkish nationals are eligible to get child benefit but I was still worried.

If you need the templates of any of the above letters, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks again for your help!
file.jpg
file.jpg (224.05 KiB) Viewed 3470 times

Turmeric
Newly Registered

Post by Turmeric » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Category: Tier 1 General – SET(O).
Number of dependents: nil
Total cost: £1493
PEO branch: Solihull

Documents provided.
1. Online booking appointment
2. Online Payment Sheet
3. Form SET(O) -
4. Photographs -(2)
5. Passport
6. BRP Card
7. Bank statement for last 12 months (salary account)
8. Salary slips for last 12 months: I changed jobs in July so had 10 payslips from one employer and 2 from the new employer.
9. Letter from Payroll manager of the new employer confirming my annual salary
10. Employer annual leaves (UK Absence) confirmation letter.
11. Cover Letter with summary of 12 month salaries (gross and net) and the table with UK absences days
13. Life in UK pass certificate
14. IELS taken in 2009, Degree and ACCA certificates
15. Point based calculator print out
16. Copy of previous BRP
17. Tenancy agreement + utility bill
18. Evidences of UK absences (whatever managed to find): air tickets, boarding passes, print outs of e-tickets, flight bookings, baggage tickets. Main reason to proves absences spent in Guernsey as the other travels were stamped in passport.
Copies of all the documents in a separate folder.

Appointment process/experience
Appointment was at 14:00.
In Solihull PEO, they take applicants’ mobile numbers and after taking biometrics they let people to go out “shopping at High steet”.
I was sent out at around 14:30 and 15:36 got a phone call saying that my documents were ready for collection
New BRP (with ILR) was delivered to my work address the day after PEO appointment.
Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No. Total 135 days absences during the whole 5-year period

Any Additional Comments.
SET(O) guidance says that “the premium service is not available …. where applicant spend part of their time in Crown Dependencies…”
I spent 3 month 2 weeks working on contract in Guernsey in 2010, coming back to London for odd weekends. Total 102 days in Guernsey. My contract was with the UK company and it was stipulated in the contract that I was required to work in their Guernsey office. I showed all days spent in Guernsey as absences from the UK, enclosed my contract with the application and got my ILR on 25/11/2014 in Solihull PEO. A week before appointment I phoned to Croydon PEO and was told that each case of time spent in Crown Dependencies is considered individually and if I provide evidence that stay in Guernsey was required by my employer, my application would be accepted in a PEO.

Big THANK YOU to mobeenkhan for detailed and very helpful information on his application and samples of letters which I used as guidance for preparation of my application

Rajan1972

Post by Rajan1972 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:53 pm

1. Category: Tier 2 (ICT)
2. Number of dependents: 3
3. Tot. cost: £5900 (approx)
4. PEO branch: Liverpool
5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (3 - 1 for each dependents as their original visa was in the old passport)
Current Passports (1+3)
BRP cards (1+3)
Application form (1)
Payment letter
Photographs (2+6)
2 months payslips
2 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1)
English ->
(a)University Letter stating that medium is English ( Self & Spouse)
(b)Degree Certificate ( self & spouse)
(c)Printout from Point based calculator stating that 10 points for English (Self & Spouse)
Letter from Employer ->
(a) SOC code & Salary stating salary is above min required
(b) Leave details for 5 years and are paid leaves
(c) business trips abroad
(d) Employment still required
Copy of Salary slip - 2 months ith company seal and signature
Gas & Electricity Statement - ( Self & Spouse)
Bank Statement ( self & spouse)
Poll Cards - 2 ( only spouse)
Letter from HM Revenue & customs - Not claiming child benefits
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments:
Initially the English language evidences were NOT accepted for both me and spouse since the point based calculator had only 10 points for English and no points on Degree. Asked to provide NARIC letter in the next 10 days and application will not be considered till then. Asked to take biometric though. Later on after the biometric was over the case worker informed that somehow she was able to generate a printout with 20 points on Degree for us. ( I have no clue how she managed that since I tried later and couldn't find the Degree tab itself in the online point based calculator).
Appointment at 12:00 Noon. Reached at 11:20 AM. Immediatly called at the counter for entering details but came out at 4:05 PM. It was a long wait......

Latecarrot

Post by Latecarrot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Everyone

I just got back from my ILR appointment at the Solihull PSC and i am glad to say my application was approved.

1. Category: 5 years on Tier 2
2. Number of dependents. 0
3. Total cost. £1493 via Premium Service
4. PEO branch. Solihull
5. Documents provided.

- Application form
- Life in the UK pass notification
- Passport x 2
- BRP
- 3 month bank statements ( printed from my natwest online banking- overdrawn account :shock: )
- 3 month pay slips showing monthly salary
- 5 years P60
- MSc Certificate from University of Birmingham (Proof of English)
- Life in the UK pass notification letter; and
- Letter from employer that says i am still required for the employment, and that i am paid within the requirements of the code of practice for tier 2 sponsors and that all work related absences were during periods of annual leave.

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. : 150 days absent in 5 years.

7. Any Additional Comments.

I read on this forum that Solihull is the best location for premium applications so I booked my appointment for this morning (8:00am), I arrived an hour early and parked in the John Lewis car park (Thanks again to this forum for invaluable advice), I then walked to the PSC and got there around 7:10 and the door was still shut. While waiting outside, the security lady arrived and told me they only start letting people in from 7:50 and that i could go to the coffee shop down the road. I went to the coffee shop and returned at 8:00, i was let in after a quick airport style security screen. My appointment was then confirmed, i was given a token and i was asked to take a seat, i was the only applicant in the building and after about five minutes my number came up, i then went to the booth and the lady took my documents from me, she was really nice and seemed genuinely pleased that i had made photocopies of my supporting documents, passports and BRP and this eased my nerves a lot. She went through it in about 3 minutes and told me to take a seat again, in another 5 minutes a gentleman asked me to come into the adjacent room to have my fingerprints scanned and photos taken for my new BRP card. He gave me a form with a two questions, one was asking for my date of birth and another for the date i had my first fingerprints taken, i told him i was unsure and he said an estimate was fine. We had a good conversation while he was taking the biometric data and he told me they usually have up to 60 applicants a day but today is only around 25. The process took about 5 mins max and he asked me to take a seat again and in 10 minutes in told me everything was fine and that i could leave and they would call me when everything is ready.

This is where it starts getting interesting, i left the building at exactly 8:30 and wondered about in the mall next door. I then got a call at 8:50 from the case worker. I have previously had a tier 2 application refused (2009) due to maintainance requirements. She called to ask what exactly happened, so i explained that it was refused based on maintenance requirements, and that i appealed and subsequently put in a fresh application which was approved. she then asked when i first got into the UK and i informed her. she said that is fine and she will call if she needs anything else.

I was shaking by this point and was gulping down espresso shots while waiting to hear back from them.

At exactly 10:30 i received a call from the reception to say my documents were ready for collection but the caller refused to tell me if my application was successfull. I rushed back to the PSC and when i entered the building was full. The gentleman who took my biometric data then gave me my passports back and a letter to say my application was successfull.

The relief i experienced is unexplainable!

Thanks again to the gurus and fellow immigrants that helped me!

sallyhue
Newly Registered

Post by sallyhue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi All, I am applying for ILR as Tier 1. I have recently got a Tier 1 extension done in August. I did not have to prove my English requirements for the extension as I had already proved that in a previous application.

I have now completed my 5 years and have an same day appointment on Monday for my ILR application. I would like to know if I can apply without my degree or an ESOL test as I have already established my English in previous applications.

Any help would be most appreciated. I have only 45 minutes left before I can reschedule my appointment.

Please help!

Rajan1972

Post by Rajan1972 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 pm

sallyhue wrote:Hi All, I am applying for ILR as Tier 1. I have recently got a Tier 1 extension done in August. I did not have to prove my English requirements for the extension as I had already proved that in a previous application.

I have now completed my 5 years and have an same day appointment on Monday for my ILR application. I would like to know if I can apply without my degree or an ESOL test as I have already established my English in previous applications.

Any help would be most appreciated. I have only 45 minutes left before I can reschedule my appointment.

Please help!
Sorry..you have to prove. It doesn't matter what was accepted during the visa application since ILR is different. That is the response I got. See my case 2 posts above.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Turmeric wrote:

Regards
Hi LondonStrawberry,

Hi

Thank you for your reply Can you please guide me whether there are any points for english lang test or not? i have appointment in couple of days and i just realised that i missed this point... pls help...
on my previous extensions i always mentioned 10 points for english lang... but for ILR i cant see this attribute is available for points... pls help i just got worried

thank you

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:42 pm

aquaerduo wrote:

Regards

You don't need to be continuously employed as a Tier 1 G migrant. You only need to meet the earnings requirement for the last 12 months. I'm not sure how the CIPD will help you to be honest, but if you have it there's not harm in submitting it. Again, I'm not a professional advisor. There are many law firms out there providing free initial consultation over the phone - they are best placed to advise you.
Hi

sorry i am here again to disturb you unfortunately i missed a point that are there any points for english lang for tier 1 general route for ILR? i have appointment in couple of days and i missed this thing. I could not find points for this attribute. there are only points for previous earnings, age, uk experience and qualifications. previously in extensions i always got 10 points for this... please help plspls pls

Thank you

orpheus80in
Newly Registered

Post by orpheus80in » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:46 pm

1. Category - Tier 1 to ILR
2. Number of dependents. - None applying at the same time.
3. Total cost - £1493
4. PEO branch - Croydon
5. Documents provided - 12 salary, 12 payslips, letter from employer for leaves, LIUK test, original degree,PBS Calculator print.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years- No
7. Any Additional Comments - Straight forward case, took 2 hrs in total, Croydon infrastructure is great.

suzan999
Newly Registered

Post by suzan999 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 am

Here is my story. Hope it will help some one if anyone as same as my situation.
Came in UK March 2005
Been as a student Till 2008
Got Work Permit June 2008 (5 Yrs)
Worked with the same company last 5 years and still with the same company.
ILR applied 19 June 2013 (By Post) (Set O)
Biometric enrolled within 2 weeks after the application made
Ilr application refused on 16 January 2014
Reason: SOC code 1221 (Have to earn 19,000, 39 hrs per week, £9.36 per hour) I have earned £19,000 but my hourly rate was £7.75
Appeal submitted by 18 th of February 2014.
Got the hearing date after 6 months (19.08.14)
But 2 days just before my hearing date got a letter from court saying that, they adjourn the date to 18.12.2014
After the changes SOC codes 6 April 2014 (Have to earn 15,900, 39 hrs per week, £7.84 per hour) my hourly rate is £8.07
Booked an appointment at Croydon (PEO Service) 09.12.2014 @ 1:00 pm
Withdrawn my appeal on 09.12.2014 in the morning by fax
ILR Approved @ 4:45 pm
Documents submitted:
Application Form (set O)
3 Months Payslip,
3 Months Bank Statement,
Passport Photocopy (as they already hold my original passport),
I want to mention one thing here that, my passport was at Sheffield but i made the application at Croydon.
Driving Licence as a Photo ID,
Letter from my Employer,
Life in the Uk Certificate,
English (B1 Certificate),
A Cover Letter mentioned everything from the beginning of my application, and the changes,
Fax confirmation copy about withdrawn my appeal
Thats all and NOW I AM A HAPPY MAN :D

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Well I promised that I would post the result of my wife's appointment, so here it is. Although no one answered my question in the other thread, despite repeated appeals :roll:

My wife's ILR SET (M) appointment at Croydon PEO was successful. Here are the basics of a straightforward case:

- We were under old rules
- Proof of cohabitation was: bank statements, water bills, child's birth certificate, doctor letters, electoral roll letter, NINo letter, hotel booking confirmation, tenancy agreement.
- From the above, 5 documents were in joint names, the rest in individual names.
- For maintenance: husband's employer letter stating salary, 6 months playslips and bank statements for the same period. Wife does not work, but savings and current account statements were provided.

Total time from entering the building to leaving was 90 minutes, (though it helped that it was an early morning appointment). This included biometrics, and case consideration. BRP arrived 2 days later.

Everything was set out in a neat binder, with section dividers and a contents page. Photocopies were in a separate binder as a mirror image of the original, set in the same order. They took all of them, which suggests that if we had not taken them, it may have taken longer because they would have had to do it themselves.

If you have a straightforward case, go straight for the PEO and Croydon is a good one though it was my first time there so I can't compare. But staff were friendly and approachable and it did not take long.

sathish_nec
Newly Registered

Post by sathish_nec » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am

First of all thank you everyone for this wonderful posts and this wonderful website. It has helped me all the way right from my Tier1 General first application until my ILR now. I have asked anyone else for queries, as I got all the answers in this forum. You people are amazing. Please keep up the good work and you work is invaluable.
1. Category: 5 years on Tier 1 (G)
2. Number of dependents 1
3. Total cost. £2986 via Premium Service
4. PEO branch. Glasgow
5. Date: 10-12-2014

Submitted the required docs and the whole process took around 3 hours and finally we got the letter confirming our IRL approved!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again guys... Please ping me if any of guys got any doubts... I am more than happy to help if I can....

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi Sathish_nec
Congrates for your visa..
Could you please share your PEO experience at glasgow in detail..!!
did officer ask you any question or not..?Please share your experience in detail.
Many Thanks

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm

I heared at most of the HO,there's no interview unless they have gt any enquiry about documents..!!
Its same case at glasgow HO aswell if you go for ILR.?

sunny1982
Newly Registered

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by sunny1982 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi All
We received our ILR on 12/12/2014 at Solihull PSC . Here are our details
• Category - Tier 1 General
1. Date of First Visa approval – 06/01/2010 (Date of Expiry – 06/01/2013)
2. Date of Arrival to UK – 16/01/2010
3. Date of Extension – 19/12/2012 (Date of Expiry – 06/01/2015)
4. Date of ILR application – 12/12/2014
• Number of Dependants – 1
• Total Cost - £2986
• PSC branch – Solihull
• Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years – No
• Documents submitted
1. Form Set O version 10/14
2. Online payment Sheet
3. Photographs – 2 each (Applicant & Dependant with full name written on back of each)
4. Passport – 3 ( 2 Applicant (Current & Expired) + 1 Dependant)
5. BRP Cards (Applicant + Dependant)
6. LIUK Test Pass Certificate (Applicant + Dependant)
7. IELTS Certificate (Applicant + Dependant)
8. Master Degree Certificate (Applicant)
9. PBS Summary Sheet (Applicant)
10. Bachelor Degree Certificate (Dependant)
11. PBS Summary Sheet (Dependant – to prove degree was taught in English)
12. Mortgage Statements from Halifax
13. Salary Slips (12 months)
14. Corresponding bank Statements
15. Employer Letter (stating employed currently with no unpaid leave absences)
16. Absences from UK (Self letter as I changed 4 jobs not able to get letter – 63 days in 5 years)
17. Home office Tier 1 Extension letter (Applicant + Dependant)
18. Marriage Certificate
19. NHS Registration and Cards
20. Joint Bank Statements (last 3 years)
21. HMRC Letter (Applicant + Dependant)
22. Voter Cards (Applicant + Dependant)
23. License & Counterpart (Applicant + Dependant)
• Additional Comments
1. Appointment Time - 9:10 am
2. Time of Arrival at PSC – 8:00 am
3. Time of Visa approval - 11:00 am

datta_uk
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO ILR (Prev. Cat-Tier1) applications (Croy

Post by datta_uk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:54 am

gautam.more wrote:Hi Group,
Just received my biometric card. please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks obi for answering my queries

PEO : Croydon
Applicant : 1
dependent : 0
Previous Visa Category : Tier 1

Went for 1.20 appointment. my application went for consideration at around 4.00 PM and was ready for collection by 4.25pm.

Mode of Income : Mix (Salaried + Limited company)

Documents Supplied
------------------
1. Passport & BRP
2. SET (O)
3. Payslips
4. Invoices
5. personal Bank Statement (had highlighted payment with Marker)
6. Business Bank Statement (had highlighted payment with Marker)
7. P60 last 2 yrs
8. Accountant letter detailing Earning for each month.
9.Accountants letter showing Net Profit.
10. a Letter detailing leaves and Reason (Though i did not check any box in section where they ask what document submitted)
11. Life in UK Pass Letter
12. Degree Certificate (India),for English language criteria.
13. Point based calculator.
14. photocopies of all above
15. photocopies of PAssport pages (first, last page & of the pages which has Travel stamping.

Carried extra documents just in case if asked, but nothing was asked.

-Gautam
============================================================================
Hi Gautam,

For English Language requirements, have you submitted only Degree Certificate & PBS?
Because, I have lost my "Degree taught in English" certificate which I submitted earlier Tier1 (G) and Tier 1 I(G) extn., but the discipline of Degree (PG) and University is available in Points Based Calculator, and I have letter from NARIC which is equalent of British Degree.

So can you please confirm should I produce "Degree taught in English" certificate? or only Degree Certificate + PBS + NARIC letter is enough for English Language requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Datta.

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Dear All,
I would like to thank to this excellent forum.
My visa status in the last 5 years was
2009 to mid 2010 - work permit
2010 to march 2013 - Tier 1 General
March 2013 to March 2016 - Tier 2 migrant

1. Category. Tier 2 general
2. Number of dependents. none
3. Total cost. £1493
4. PEO branch. Cardiff
5. Documents provided.
Last 3 months payslips
Last 3 months bank statements
Life in the UK test Certificate
Employment reference letter (includes confirmation that I still required for the job, paid as per the SOC code, and list of absences)
2 photographs
Online payment sheet.
Appointment confirmation
Old passport
New passport
Biometric resident permit
Reference letter from my previous employers
Original Home Office letter granting Work Permit
Original Home Office letter granting Tier 1 status
Original Home Office letter granting Tier 2 status
P60 covering last 5 years
Post Graduate Degree certificate form UK University
Graduation Degree certificate from Indian University
Reference letter (from Indian University) confirming that my degree is taught in English language.

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. No
7. Any Additional Comments. although my appointment was booked for 14:00 hrs, I have received a call in the morning from Cardiff PEO, stating I i come early they can still process my application earlier.
went inside at 13:15 came out at 15:30

rahuls

Post by rahuls » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Guys,

I just want to thank the information I received on this forum which helped me in making a successful ILR application. I am obliged now to provide the details of my application and experience for the benefit of ILR applicants. Here it is:

PEO: Solihull
Route: Tier 2 Gen
Date: 18/12/14
Fees: £2896 (1 dependent)
Appointment Time: 12:30 pm
Approval Received Time: 4:45 pm

The letter which I submitted as a sort of cover letter containing list of supporting documents is copied below (I got the template of this letter from this forum only, I found it quite useful as I didn't want to write a long cover letter and this was just sufficient to provide the necessary information)

List of Supporting Documents for ILR Application

ANNEX A – Application Payment Sheet

Section 1 – Applicant Details
ANNEX 1A – Passports (Current and Previous)
ANNEX 1B – Biometric Residence Permit

Section 2 – Dependent Details
ANNEX 2A – Passports (Current and Previous)
ANNEX 2B – Biometric Residence Permit

Section 4 – Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
ANNEX 4A – Life in the UK Test Certificates (Main and Dependent)
ANNEX 4B – Original Degree Certificate of Main Applicant
ANNEX 4C – Points Based System – Self Assessment for Main Applicant (35 points for Degree and 10
points for English Language)
ANNEX 4D – Original Degree Certificate of the Dependent
ANNEX 4E – Points Based System – Self Assessment for Dependent (30 points for Degree and 10
points for English Language)

Section 5 – Your Home and Finances
ANNEX 5A – Tenancy Agreement
ANNEX 5B – Last 3 Months Saving Account Statement
ANNEX 5C – Last 3 month’s dependent’s bank account statement

Section 6 – Immigration History
ANNEX 6A – Absences from the UK Letter
ANNEX 6B – Absences Letter from Current Employer
ANNEX 6C – Absences Letters (2) from Previous Employers

Section 8 – Photographs (2 each of Main and Dependent)

Section 11A – Evidence of Cohabitation Since Last Leave
ANNEX 11A/1 – Marriage Certificate
ANNEX 11A/2 – Child Birth Certificate
ANNEX 11A/3 – Council Tax Bill, Water Bill and Bank Statements on Joint names
ANNEX 11A/4 – Joint Tenancy Agreement (included as part of Section 5)
ANNEX 11A/5 – Letters from Estate Agent for Tenancy Extension and other purposes
ANNEX 11A/6 – Voter Registration Form
ANNEX 11A/7 – Driving Theory Pass Certificate and Band Statement on Dependent’s name

Section 11P – Tier 2 Migrant
ANNEX 11P/1 – Letter from Current Employer (SOC Code, Current Salary and other details as
mentioned in this section)
ANNEX 11P/2 – Last 3 month Payslips
ANNEX 11P/3 – Last 3 months Bank Statements
ANNEX 11P/4 – Last 5 Years P60s
ANNEX 11P/5 – HMRC Employment History of Last 5 years

Here is a brief account of my experience:

I left for Solihull at around 9:30 am (which was at least one hour late from my planned time) for 12:30 pm appointment and the travel time from my home to Solihull is around 2 1/2 hours. So it was not a good start at all and I thought i would be lucky if I reach on time today. I was cursing myself the whole time of my journey that why didn't I stay overnight there. I would strongly suggest for an overnight stay if journey time is longer than 2 hours. A slight incident on motorway would have put all the efforts of last couple of months in preparing for the application at risk.

Luckily i reached at 11:50 pm, drove like crazy, parked the car at M&S car park. It was 5-7 mins walk to the Solihull PEO from there. I was called for the registration at 12:15 pm. The guy, my caseworker, at the counter asked me for my application, payment sheet and passports and their photocopies. I had prepared a folder with originals and their photocopies as per the Sections of the form and put a sticky note with section name and whether it is original or photocopy. The guy then asked for the supporting documents. I gave him the folder, he told that he will prepare my case now and I can wait outside. I told that I have got more documents if required. It took around 15 mins at the counter

After that I was called for Biometrics and then at around 1:00 pm I was told that I can go outside now and they will call me if and when needed.

I went to the nearby shopping mall for some food and drinks and some shopping (yes my wife still had the nerves for it, i was feeling numb after all the mental agony I went through in preparing my ILR application and the wait was killing me). I was not too much worried till 3:00 pm as my case was relatively straightforward but after that every minute was proving to be heavy. I was thinking that there must be something wrong that it is taking so much time. They provided a leaflet which says that case consideration would take around 60-90 mins so the wait was making me really nervous. At around 3:30 pm I lost my patience and returned to the PEO, I was also worried if they are not able to connect to my phone. When I reached there, they said it is still under consideration and don't know how long they will take. They actually do not want anybody to wait inside because of the lack of space there and the fact that they would have to security check us again. I got that and came back to the mall again and the excruciating wait started again. Finally at around 4:15 pm I got a call from caseworker asking me that what would I do with my UK born child as I have not included in my application. I told him that i would register him as british citizen after I get ILR, was a bit surprised with this question as i thought it was quite obvious. I asked him if everything is alright, he said yes but it will take 5-10 mins more as he is still checking. I was a bit relieved and thought I better go back now as the PEO closing time is anyway 5:00 pm. I went back and told them that I got a call that application is almost processed. They were a bit surprised and went in to check with the caseworker, I asked them that whether can i wait inside now which they reluctantly agreed and did out security check again. Finally at around 4:45 pm my approval letter came and surprisingly my reaction was very subdued. I just smiled, I checked all the originals and the approval letter and it was all fine.

I must stop now got a bit carried away, it has become quite long. Once again thanks to everyone who helped me during this process.

Ali_87
Newly Registered

Post by Ali_87 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 am

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

Do i still need to fill in Payment details if applying using the premium service for settlement? Can you please explain how it works?

Is the ILR a paper attached to the passport or a card like BRP?

Thanks,

Ali