ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G Dependent visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pns

Tier 1 G Dependent visa extension

Post by pns » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi Members

I have couple of questions around Tier 1 G dependent visa extension. I(main) am planning to post my application by Jan 2015 and get it extented for say 3 years.

q1. does the final date to accept tier 1 g applications (5-apr-2015) rule apply to dependents as well? If yes, i can wait for another six odd months before submiting dependent application.

q2. is there any benefit (financial) of depedent applying along with main applicant (either post or by peo)? I have seen different fee structure of the ukba website but not anymore.

There are some related posts on the board but i believe the circumstances may have changed recently.

Thanks
pns

kuldeep
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 G Dependent visa extension

Post by kuldeep » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I am on same boat.

@pns, pls let me know if you get any update from any other source.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:02 am

Hi all,

My question is also same.

I have got my Tier-1 (G) 2nd extension till May 2017. My wife and daughter's first Tier-1 (G) expires in June 2015. That means I have to apply for 2nd extension of my dependants before June 2015.

With no further extensions for Tier-1(G) main applicants after April 2015, does the rule apply to dependants also? Meaning I must apply for my dependants extension before April 2015? Am I correct in my understanding or I can do any time before their extension expiry.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 am

The PBS dependants route is not closing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pns

Post by pns » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks Vinny.

It was really helpful. My other question which is now somewhat clear to me is fee difference when the main and dependent applcations are sent together/separately. On the dependent application form, I see just one option GBP 1607 with no mention of being sent together/separately with main applicant. Does it mean there is no financial benefit of applying together/separately? please confirm.

thank agian for all the support.