ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

department decision appeal in supreme court

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GreenApple
Newly Registered

department decision appeal in supreme court

Post by GreenApple » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Guys,

We are one of the victims of EU 1. The department did reply us same letter as rest of you. we are going to lodge appeal in supreme court and it will be great if we all can go together for case hearing and make court aware about problem we all are currently suffering. Please let us know as it will be better as much people turn up...

Kind Regards

stmani

Post by stmani » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:43 am

yes, im in......

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:37 am

Hi Green apple,
thanks for inviting us.I think around 1000 couples are in the same situation.We will be glad to stand with you. Could you write more details of your case with the Irish courts.Please post it here or send a private message to me and Stmani if you wish.The option for sending a private message PM is at the bottom of the message box.When is the supreme court hearing coming up?

As you can see from these posts there are plenty of us are in the same position.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16465
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16039
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10840
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=protest

petereliot1
Newly Registered

hello

Post by petereliot1 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:25 am

hello,
count us just give us the time and date me an my wife will be there!

jooopo
Newly Registered

Post by jooopo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:42 am

Hi,
We are with you for that!

petereliot1
Newly Registered

helo guys

Post by petereliot1 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:26 pm

spoke to solvit and they said we should all get together and sue the doj and it would make a strong case if 2 3 or 4 couple appeal together!
wht do u guys think! we all could share the costs!

GreenApple
Newly Registered

Post by GreenApple » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:47 am

I am working on it. I was in Supreme Court. Supreme Court informed me that every case is different and need to be bring by the person who had lost his or her case in High Court. Not only I but we (me and my wife) is with all of you to sue DOJ but before we do so, did anybody try to get high court decision and look why high court said no to MR Sandeep Kumar? Remember it’s about law and we are planning to sue DOJ so we need to workout first what and how laws support us and why it did not support MR SANDEEP KUMAR? Believe me if i am you i will wait till we win our case and then we can ask for compensation. Remember if we sue and can't prove legally that DOJ was rough then we have to pay DOJ legal Fees(DOJ lawyer fee) I have appointment with lawyer next week and I am positive after reading Kumar case that I will win my case because unlike Kumar I am here quite long and wife here long to too. If you need copy of Kumar case let us know.

Wish you all guys all the best

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:31 am

We are also planning on taking legal action. So the others and I might make a separate case.

Kumar was denied because he was an illegal immigrant who used marriage as a visa scheme.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#99228

Text of the Article in the Irish Times on our case.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=220

A success story of the E.U1 case
http://cartaverde.livejournal.com/

1.When is the hearing for your case coming up?

ves
Newly Registered

Post by ves » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 pm

hi greenapple,
any news..i ve just recieved the rejection letter from doj and was feeling pretty bad until i foun out about this forum..please let me know what actions did you take...
good luck

shahzadbk
Newly Registered

Re: department decision appeal in supreme court

Post by shahzadbk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:42 pm

GreenApple wrote:Hi Guys,

We are one of the victims of EU 1. The department did reply us same letter as rest of you. we are going to lodge appeal in supreme court and it will be great if we all can go together for case hearing and make court aware about problem we all are currently suffering. Please let us know as it will be better as much people turn up...

Kind Regards
I am one of thses victims as well.My EU1 case was refused on 02.08.07.Pls let me know what we can do now.But my lawyer told me that he already talk with Beraster and he will deeply read my case and find positive points and challane my case and then he will appel my case aswell.But one of my friend told me that Supreme Court will give its finla decision about Eu1 on 4 of October 2007.Let's hope positive.But pls tell me what we can do now..

Villea
Newly Registered

Post by Villea » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi Guys,

Received my letter today, been rejected don't have lawful residence in another EU member state. But as I was on student they suggest on the letter I shall renew the same. Funny because while waiting for the outcome of EU1 when my student card expired back in April I was enroll for a course and tried to renew they didnt want to do it. And the guy at GNIB today told me he doesn't know if i can renew the student visa now even though i showed him the letter but get myself anykind of visa or I better pack my stuff and go home.

So im with all of you this have to stop, have enough of those brainless people.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: department decision appeal in supreme court

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 pm

shahzadbk wrote:
GreenApple wrote:Hi Guys,

Kind Regards
I am one of thses victims as well.My EU1 case was refused on 02.08.07.Pls let me know what we can do now.But my lawyer told me that he already talk with Beraster and he will deeply read my case and find positive points and challane my case and then he will appel my case aswell.But one of my friend told me that Supreme Court will give its finla decision about Eu1 on 4 of October 2007.Let's hope positive.But pls tell me what we can do now..
also, there are a number of seperate challanges to be heard in the high court on the first week of october (surely at least one might have to be referred by preliminary reference to the european court on a point of law) your solicitor must act in good faith, that is why he is taking his time carefully reviewing case and seeing if kumar is distinctive from yours and seeing if a case like jia can be applied. its all fine and well to go to the high court to make judical review challenges , its another to loose as you would be liable to pay all costs (can be quiete step i am afraid) but just sit and wait for what your solicitor advises you to do.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I talked to someone at the Immigrant council yesterday...It seems the DOJ has sent letters asking some unsuccesful EU1 applicants to leave the country...even if they arrived here on a spouse visa and have not broken any immigration laws. They advised us to apply for a stamp3 at GNIB as a temporary measure so that there was no danger of deportation. Somehow I am left wondering if this country has some connection to North Korea?

limey

Post by limey » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Archigabe: The Irish have benefitted hugely from being in the EU and have been damned quick to implement any rules to their advantage!

But when the Rule is one they don't like they make sure they fail to implement or break the EU rules.

It's called double-standards!

Dimy77

Post by Dimy77 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:45 pm

archigabe wrote:I talked to someone at the Immigrant council yesterday...It seems the DOJ has sent letters asking some unsuccesful EU1 applicants to leave the country...even if they arrived here on a spouse visa and have not broken any immigration laws. They advised us to apply for a stamp3 at GNIB as a temporary measure so that there was no danger of deportation. Somehow I am left wondering if this country has some connection to North Korea?
The immigrant council seems a bit uninformed to be honest and although there's probably some truth in it, it might be completely out of context. Maybe they send letters to illegal immigrants who are not even married to an EU citizen to leave the country. Or people who entered the country illegally and married here. I wouldn't worry too much about the information given by them.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:24 pm

We went to the GNIB to ask for stamp3 for some temporary protection against deportation.We were rudely told by an arrogant guy that since my wife was going on 'maternity leave' she would not able to support me anymore, therefore they would not issue me a stamp3 which leaves me open to deportation...We have not broken a single immigration law. just makes me wonder what kind of imcompetent idiots are running the Irish government when they try to make a European Citizen's husband leave the country just because she is going on maternity leave?

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Requesting for Stamp 3 is not important because there is no way they can issue any of you a deportation order.
''The right to reside in another Member State is your fundamental
and personal right and is conferred directly on you by the
Treaty establishing the European Community.
The right is therefore not dependent upon your having fulfilled
administrative procedures.
This basically means that once you meet the conditions, you have
the right to reside from that moment and your right is not given to
you by a decision of the host Member State. The documents you or
your family members might be issued with by the host Member
State merely acknowledge that you have the right … so if you fail to
register or your family member's residence card expires; you still
have the right to reside if you still meet the conditions, and your
residence cannot be terminated due to this administrative problem
but you may be subject to a proportionate and non-discriminatory
sanction for your failure to observe the national rules.''
Knowledge is Power

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Excuse my ignorance. I have done a search on the net,...... but what exactly is an EU1?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:46 pm

EU1 is the application form used by non-EU family members (such as spouses)wishing to reside in Ireland with their EU family members.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 pm

It's similar to the EEA family permit application form in the UK.Same concept, except the Irish government is run by a bunch of dearly beloved in an informal campaign to get rid of all foreigners.I wouldn't advice you to move to Ireland if your husband is not the typical european.

I had my opinion of the Irish Government confirmed when I read this story today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 381488.ece

magda
Newly Registered

Case in court

Post by magda » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:17 pm

me and my husband who is a non-EU national are bringing the case to court. This is a rasist, disgraceful and inhumane treatment of people who came here in good faith and who are working for them. I am totally insulted by the way the Irish government treats Europeans. We have a right to make a family wherever we want. Its enough. We have to let the whole Europe know what they are doing to innocent people. Its just enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!