ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coming Back to UK without Passpor,with naturaliz cert, BRP??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bumblebee123

Coming Back to UK without Passpor,with naturaliz cert, BRP??

Post by bumblebee123 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:35 am

Hi Vinny

Please can you help me?

Situation:

My wife was naturalized as british citizens in Dec 2013 - but she didn't apply for British Passport.

She had Permanent Residency (ILR / BRP Card) before she was naturalized and currently holds Indian Passport.

And in Dec 2013 after her naturalization ceremoney, she travelled to India to deliver a baby due in April 2014.

Now she is planning to fly back to UK.

Question:

As she has Permanent Residency Card (BRP) and Indian Passport (even she is a Naturalized Citizen, she doesn't have British Passport) will she be allowed to return back to UK? OR will she be blocked at Immigration in UK?

Please kindly advise....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Coming Back to UK without Passpor,with naturaliz cert, B

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 am

She can travel into the UK on ILR BRP and foreign passport, shouldn't be an issue from the UK HO side.

The problem she has is the validity of her Indian passport and possible penalty as she has gone well over the grace period of 90 days before surrendering etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.