ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for child born in UK but applying from India urgent pls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smkuk

MN1 for child born in UK but applying from India urgent pls

Post by Smkuk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi
I am a father of three children, and I am british citizen by naturalisation in 2013.
my wife is on ILR since 2012.

my whole family moved to india in feb 2014, as my wife decided to have 3rd child in india.
now i m applying my 3rd child direct british passport from india via VFS to HM passport in UK.

but for my other two child's. they born in UK before we parents settled in UK.
now i need to first register them as a british (but childrens cannot travel as there visa expired)
so we have to apply from india.
pls help / guide me how to apply and where to apply ?

do i need to send my original passports with MN1 application form to UKVI to UK ?

or do i need to take appointment via VFS and send the same way to UKVI.

and also share the documents required with applications?

Smkuk

Re: MN1 for child born in UK but applying from India urgent

Post by Smkuk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 am

Hello
Please reply my post
I m very much in help from you all gurus
Pls pls

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:19 am

How old are the first two children?

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 pm

thanks ouflak1

for asking in details

my first child is 6 years and second child is 4 years old

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Your children do qualify to register under 1(3). However the general expectation on this particular route is that the children will live in UK, but it is not required. Hence though the likewise expectation that this application be made from within the UK. Also, technically, the children should be present in the UK when the application is made although there are posts on this forum of people who have successfully applied and gotten the certificate of registration despite the child traveling outside the country (the certificate was sent to their residence in the UK however).

The thing is these aren't hard rules (as far as I'm aware). This type of application is by discretion. Still I think you will must consider the possibility that you will have to arrange for the application to be posted from within the UK, and have somebody there who will then send the certificates along to you when they arrive. I'll have to research that. The application posting details should be on the form and/or the guidance. There is no appointment associated with this process, nor is there anything like that even available.

The key evidence the Home Office needs is the evidence that the children were born in the UK and that they were present in the UK when you got ILR. So your passports with the ILR (or BRP if you are more recent), and their respective passports and birth certificates (long form I believe) for each application.

As a bonus, I'd consider sending along your British passport as well, so that the Home Office realizes it is dealing with children of a current British citizen. You will need to send along your marriage certificate as well, but you don't need to send your wife's passport. Only the passport on which the application decision will be based is necessary.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm sorry to say but the previous post is full of mistakes.

Your children are entitled to register as British citizens. There are no residence requirements whatsoever. You will need to send the application to the UK for processing. VFS are not involved. You can send photocopy of your passport. See the FAQ (link below) and read the form guide.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Jambo wrote:I'm sorry to say but the previous post is full of mistakes.

Your children are entitled to register as British citizens. There are no residence requirements whatsoever. You will need to send the application to the UK for processing. VFS are not involved. You can send photocopy of your passport. See the FAQ (link below) and read the form guide.
For an MN1 there are no residence requirements (as I stated). It's just a general expectation and I believe it may be taken into consideration. Just to clarify this, the child is not specifically required to be in the UK while the application is submitted, and there are cases on this forum where applications have succeeded even though the child was not. Also there is not a specific expectation that the child will live in the UK in the future (such as for adults). But I do believe it is expected that the child will be present. I was not certain that you could apply for MN1 application under 1(3) from outside the UK and said as much. I do recall advising someone long ago to try (from Canada) as, technically speaking, their child did qualify even though they had left the UK and subsequently lost their ILR. I can't find that post now, but I wonder how that turned out...

I do question if you can really send just a copy of your passport (and a copy of the ILR). For our MN1, we definitely had to send it the parent's passport on which the decision was to be based. There was no option suggested anywhere of a photocopy (we wouldn't have done that anyway). I've just peaked through the guide and application, and can't see it. But I think I vaguely remember reading that this was possible somewhere on the forum. I do think I was wrong about the child being present in the UK when the parent received ILR, though I suspect it was that earlier Canada thread (wish I could find that) that confused me. Not sure where that came from otherwise. Also, I do think that you are not required to send the marriage certificate, though looking at our application, we did send this, I think now unnecessarily. Will bug the wife about that as she prepared that application.

I still think it is a good idea to send your British passport. That's just my opinion though.

edit: Got mixed with the passport application. No marriage certificate necessary for the MN1 application. But we did have to send our child's current passport (only necessary if they have one).

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:52 am

thankyou very much gurus.

I got much clear picture how to make application now,
but still i am confuse, as I am also in India with family.
how we can make application from inida.

* If we fill the form MN1 then
* photos of my two child's
* mN1 fees
* attached birth certificate full original
* and colour copy of my passport (british passport)
* and colour copy wife passport (indian {Passport) with settlement card

is the above doc ok or anything else needed to apply direct to UKVI in liverpool with courier from india.
* Please suggest do I need to send original british passport or wife's inidan passport ?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 am

Smkuk wrote:thankyou very much gurus.

I got much clear picture how to make application now,
but still i am confuse, as I am also in India with family.
how we can make application from inida.

* If we fill the form MN1 then
* photos of my two child's
* mN1 fees
* attached birth certificate full original
* and colour copy of my passport (british passport)
* and colour copy wife passport (indian {Passport) with settlement card
From this list, it sounds as if you want the application decision based on your wife's details, in which case this is all fine, though I personally would only send original documents. According to this document, and this forum link here, you will need to send along the children's original passports as well. It is recommended, though not necessary that you send along your marriage certificate (I would do this, and for our child we did).
Smkuk wrote:is the above doc ok or anything else needed to apply direct to UKVI in liverpool with courier from india.
I couldn't find any more details on this nor could I dig up an old post where I made a similar recommendations. Barring any specific written guidance or rule, I guess just send it straight from India and it should be ok.
Smkuk wrote:* Please suggest do I need to send original British passport or wife's Indian passport ?
You don't actually have to send your British passport, or even the photocopy, at all. The key points for 1(3) are that the children were born in the UK, and that one of the parents later became settled in the UK (ILR) (although citizenship counts as well). The application is based on only one parents circumstances. The reason I suggest sending your British passport along, or a photocopy thereof, is that this application is still an application by discretion and you want as much presented in your favor as possible. The young children of a British Citizen, who have lived most of their lives in the UK anyway (keeping in mind, before anybody jumps on me, that there are no residency requirement for the children), are extremely likely to quickly have their application approved. Even if you weren't a British citizen, the application is very likely to succeed anyway without any problem. But having that extra bit of detail included for consideration sort of cements the matter.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 am

Registration as a British citizen under 1(3) is an entitlement not discretion.

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:24 am

Thanks very much for kind information.

Please still one question,

* Can I send all photo copies of children's passport and wife's passports (ILR card) & MY BRITISH Passport or I have to send originals.
I dont want to send originals as it takes more time in UK to process (in rare cases Home office if they lost passports then they cannot travel as well)
* as if we submit all original passports of my wife (ILR card) and children's passports (were FLM visa expired)
to UKVI in liverpool.
how and when they send us back our originals.

Is there not any check and send service from india like VFS ?

please suggest.

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Please suggest the above post
kindly request

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

ban.s wrote:Registration as a British citizen under 1(3) is an entitlement not discretion.
I just see MN1 and automatically think discretion. I stand corrected.
Smkuk wrote: * Can I send all photo copies of children's passport and wife's passports (ILR card) & MY BRITISH Passport or I have to send originals.
I dont want to send originals as it takes more time in UK to process (in rare cases Home office if they lost passports then they cannot travel as well)
All of the guidance I find say that you must specifically send the children's original passports. As far as the other passports, Jambo above states fairly confidently that you can just send photocopies of the other passports. I can find no guidance to verify or refute this. If you send any passports, get the package insured.
Smkuk wrote: * as if we submit all original passports of my wife (ILR card) and children's passports (were FLM visa expired)
to UKVI in liverpool.
how and when they send us back our originals.
When they are finished with them, they send them back. No specific times are set for this.
Smkuk wrote:Is there not any check and send service from india like VFS ?
Not that I'm aware of.

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:17 am

Hi thanks for valuable information
Provided by gurus,

Well the last thing I m confuse.

Counter signature
I wish he should be British passport holder
So my search is narrow.

I have friend who knows me since 10 years
Lived in uk and currently moved to India.
But as he should be professional guided by HM passport office
He should be director of limited company in
Uk or in India ?
as he is having shops in India he is a sole proprietor
* Can he eligible to sign
If not then he can register a ltd company in UK
While he is India. Then he can sign ?
* What address I should put in form
Residence or shop
?
Pls help

What is the easiest way for me pls guide
Thanks

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

Hi

Please suggest do I need to send original passports (including parents and child's original passports) to UKIV mandatory.
or only photocopy is enough.
I prepared the folowing documents for MN1 from INDIA.
1) MN1 Form
2) Fees payment slip
3) original UK birth certificate
4) child passport (photocopy as original cannot send from India in courier)
5) parents passport (only photocopy as original cannot send from India in courier)
father's old Indian passport photocopy
father's British passport photocopy
6) marriage certificate

I have been informed by courier companies here in INDIA, they said they will not send original passports to UK
while make an MN1 application to UKIV in Liverpool.

please suggest any one before applied or any old post similar to my one.
please guru's suggest soon
thanks

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Pls gurus reply my post
urgent pls can I just send photocopies of all passports along with MN1 form from India to UKVI?

Smkuk

Post by Smkuk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:52 am

Hi

Please suggest do I need to send original passports (including parents and child's original passports) to UKIV mandatory.
or only photocopy is enough.

I found that neither Postal nor courier companies here in INDIA send original passports to UK
while make an MN1 application to UKIV in Liverpool.

please suggest any one before applied MN1 frpm India or any old post similar to my one.
please guru's suggest soon
thanks

passportguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by passportguy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:15 am

Hi smkuk,

I am in the situation as you.

Please let me know how you got on with the application. I have a few queries I need to get answers for before I send my son's MN1 application.
1. How did you receive the certificate and where? In India or in the UK?
2. Did you have to send the original passports?
3. How did you manage to get signatures from referees?

Thanks a lot.