ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for non-eea spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Woj81

British citizenship for non-eea spouse

Post by Woj81 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Hello,
I need some advice about BC application for my wife.I have just applied for my BC and waiting for the answer.

My wife was dependent on me for the last 5 years as non-eea family member.She has her stamps in her passport.
I received my permanent residence card (EEA3) over 1 year ago.
My wife did not apply for EEA4 permanent residence card!

My question is: What supporting documents my wife will have to send to support her BC application?She did not work and was a housewife.

Will my PR card EEA3 will be enough to prove she was legally here for the last 3 years?Plus my future Naturalization certificate?

Or I will have to look for my P60'S and so on again?
Nationality checking service told me that my PR card eea3 is not enough and sh would need a ,,back up" of my P60's?

Is that true or my PR card proves her residence?

vinny

Re: British citizenship for non-eea spouse

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Yes. Your EEA3 card would help prove that you were residing under the EEA regulations. So she may attain PR (15) automatically after 5 years from marriage and living with you in the UK. However, as you are not yet a British citizen, has she attained PR for at least a year too?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Woj81 wrote:Hello,
I need some advice about BC application for my wife.I have just applied for my BC and waiting for the answer.

My wife was dependent on me for the last 5 years as non-eea family member.She has her stamps in her passport.
I received my permanent residence card (EEA3) over 1 year ago.
My wife did not apply for EEA4 permanent residence card!

My question is: What supporting documents my wife will have to send to support her BC application?She did not work and was a housewife.

Will my PR card EEA3 will be enough to prove she was legally here for the last 3 years?Plus my future Naturalization certificate?

Or I will have to look for my P60'S and so on again?
Nationality checking service told me that my PR card eea3 is not enough and sh would need a ,,back up" of my P60's?

Is that true or my PR card proves her residence?

Same here, My EU wife has Document Certifying Permanent Residence Card, I contacted HO via telephone & email & NCS , they all confirmed, u still need five years proof of exercising treaty rights, only ur wife's PR is not enough.
I waited 12 months of my PR, then applied nationality on my own.

Woj81

Post by Woj81 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm

She will apply for BC once I will areceive my naturalisation certificate.She is my wife since July 2009 which is over 5 years so according to European Law she received her permanent residence already automatically.However she did not apply for eea4 as she does not have to.It is optional.Isn't that if I received my eea3 blue card it means she is permanent resident as me?
So how she gonna prove her exercising treaty rights?My blue card eea3 proves that doesn't it?To get eea3 I had to prove I exercised treaty rights for 5 years by sending P'60's ect.So I did that already!Does it mean that for her to prove her treaty rights I need to submit again my p'60's?
If yes,what is the point in applying for Eea3 if when applying for BC you need to send all the documents again?
Isn't time and money wasting to bother in applying for PR if it is not taken as a fact that if you have it, it means your wife has PR too?
Regards

Woj81

Post by Woj81 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:29 am

Any Guru can further clarify my question?It is a bit confusing.

Woj81

Post by Woj81 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:25 am

No one?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 pm

She will have PR if she lived in the UK for 5 years. Just being your wife is not enough. Your blue (PR) card + proof of residence for her for 5 years will prove she has PR. Your naturalisation certificate (and marriage certificate) will allow her to apply as spouse of BC.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Woj81

Post by Woj81 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you for much.