ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Points On My License Will it Affect My Naturalization ????

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Smam wrote:Hi D4109125,

Many thanks for your extremely prompt reply. The court never ever said that I am charged today. If you been charged the verdict is being read to you clearly by the court and you'll also receive the verdict in writing from the court as well.

So that's for sure that I am not charged till today pleading guilty doesn't mean that I am being charged by court that's another process to the best of my knowledge.

Well further to that the court will listen to the reasons on the 14th October 2013 and then will decide if I am being charged with the offense or not.

Do you still think that I am being charged with the offense ?? If I've been charged the court would have said that full stop you're charged with that particular offense and there will no more hearing or trial process the court never ever said to me that I am being charged or not, the court just wanted to ask me if I am pleading guilty or not guilty that's all it was they never ever gave the final verdict they said that the court would like to listen further to my reasons by my Barrister in details on the 14th Oct 2013 that's all I've been told today.

Many thanks and waiting for your useful replies.
The charged process if before Court. The CPS/Police charge you with an offence before you appear at Court. In what format did you receive the fine and points - was this through the post or at the roadside? Technically if you receive a court summons and are not charged with the offence at the police station you may be able to answer no to question 3.11 taking a literal interpretation of the word charged. However, question 3.16 may still be applicable in your case. Remember that your offence is one of recklessness so it doesn't matter what the sentence is it may still produce a negative outcome. What has your lawyer said your chances are for the verdict?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi D4109125,

Once again thanks a lot for taking time out to reply to my query.

Well if you read my post I mean from the beginning you'll come to find out that I've never ever been charged till yet I've received a FPN and I've appealed against it that's all what has happened I have given you a summary that's all.

Well I've lost the hope any ways so I think there's not much of a point discussing this here on the forum.

Many thanks.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi

Just wanted to ask that if I dont get points on my license from the court and if I just have to pay the fine will it affect my Naturalization ????

Do I've to mention it on my application form.

One more thing I would like to know that my cousin was driving my car he exceeded the speed limit to 35 in a 30 miles zone I've received another FPN but my cousin is going for a speed awareness course but will it affect my application as I've got more than one FPN under my name ?

I am planning to apply for my Naturalization after the 14th Oct 2013.

Many thanks and waiting for your use ful replies

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

Just wanted to ask that if I dont get points on my license from the court and if I just have to pay the fine will it affect my Naturalization ????

Do I've to mention it on my application form.

One more thing I would like to know that my cousin was driving my car he exceeded the speed limit to 35 in a 30 miles zone I've received another FPN but my cousin is going for a speed awareness course but will it affect my application as I've got more than one FPN under my name ?

I am planning to apply for my Naturalization after the 14th Oct 2013.

Many thanks and waiting for your use ful replies
If you do not go to court then you will not be convicted and your FPN will not count against you even though the offence is a recklessness offence, as you were not convicted. However, if you go to court and are convicted regardless of the sentence it will count, 1 as a non custodial sentence as you contested so 3 years automatic refusal and 2 as an offence of recklessness. If you have multiple FPNs in the 12 months preceding the application then this may cause a refusal. If you have numerous FPN it is generally worth waiting for 12 months (without getting more) to avoid refusal. Also after October 2013 the English language requirement is increased. You must declare all material facts that could bring into doubt your character.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your kind reply.
Also after October 2013 the English language requirement is increased.
Well I think they just need to see my LIUK pass certificate. I am not really aware of this new English Language Requirement. What's is and can you please provide me some reference about it from the UKBA web site as I failed to find any thing on their website regarding this requirement.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

Many thanks for your kind reply.
Also after October 2013 the English language requirement is increased.
Well I think they just need to see my LIUK pass certificate. I am not really aware of this new English Language Requirement. What's is and can you please provide me some reference about it from the UKBA web site as I failed to find any thing on their website regarding this requirement.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22158482 and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 097b32324c and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131609

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:40 am

Hi,

I've been to the court and sadly I got 6 points on my license and £500 from the Magisterate court. But I am appealing against the court decision in the high court.

My lawyer told me that if I appeal against a court decision my fine and my points both go on suspension means I've a clean license and I don't have to pay any fine.

The only question I would like to ask here shall I go and apply for my Naturalisation. I am not planning to disclose this on the form and I'll do this. I am feeling so frustrated from the fact that I've to wait for another 5 years just for one small mistake I would like to take my chances and that's all.

Wish me luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:25 am

If you are convicted you'll have to wait 3 years not 5.

You will have to wait until your high court outcome, if you try and deceive the Home Office you'll face a 10 year ban. The initial mistake was defending the FPN, which wouldn't have created a bar on its own, now you have a conviction.

Smam

Re: 6 Points On My License Will it Affect My Naturalization

Post by Smam » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:14 am

Hi,

Just wanted to know 2 things here on the board.

Is any one has applied with currently 6 points on their license for driving with out insurance and they successfully got their Naturalization approved from the UKBA.

I've got my conviction on 13th January 2013 but I got the points from the court hearing in October 2013 so how many years I've to wait before applying for my Naturalization will it from the date of offense or will it from the date of court judgement ?

Many thanks and waiting for your use ful replies.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Hello respected board members

Any thoughts on my queries ???

Please reply

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 pm

October 2016.

EU2015
Newly Registered

Post by EU2015 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Reading this made my hopes of becoming a British Citizen vanish.

I have 6 points for driving without insurance (driving my wifes car with what I thought was comprehensive insurance, turns out on my renewal I got put to 3rd party.. I'm an idiot for not checking) I appealed in February and got a 6 month driving ban (I had 2 other speeding offences, I drive quite a lot on motorways)

I have my life in the UK test on Friday, what chances do I have to get approved?

Thanks

EU!

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

EU2015 wrote:Reading this made my hopes of becoming a British Citizen vanish.

I have 6 points for driving without insurance (driving my wifes car with what I thought was comprehensive insurance, turns out on my renewal I got put to 3rd party.. I'm an idiot for not checking) I appealed in February and got a 6 month driving ban (I had 2 other speeding offences, I drive quite a lot on motorways)

I have my life in the UK test on Friday, what chances do I have to get approved?

Thanks

EU!
I doubt your hopes have vanished. Unless they change the rules radically in the next few years, you will likely just have to wait 3 years, without anymore 'motorway' offenses, until this is spent and then apply.

Smam

Financial Default and 6 points on license Affect ???

Post by Smam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:38 am

Hi,

I am in financial default due to my credit card payment but I am making regular payments but still there's a default on my credit file which will last for 5 years.

I've 6 points on my driving license and its been almost 3 years I am here on my ILR wanted to apply for my naturalization how will these two things affects my naturalization application.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Financial Default and 6 points on license Affect ???

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:30 am

I am sometimes wrong.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't have any CCJS at all I am in an arrangements with my lenders and regularly making the agreed payments in fact I've cleared one of my CC payment in full but the lender has replied to me that the default will stay as settled on my Credit file for 6 years which just sounds so ridiculous to me by all means, even when I had paid them back in full this will still haunts me for 6 years which is not fair.

Thanks God.I am not worried about any sort of Criminal record stuffs as it doesn't really applied to me.

I've also collected enough knowledge regarding the points thing thanks to all the members of this group but now this thing is really worrying me as well having financial defaults on my Credit file.

I think I know at least 10000000 of British people who are having financial difficulties in their lives but I think they are just deliberately making it harder for immigrants that's all I can say. and if they are refusing nationality application on the basis of financial defaults the government should be taken to the courts for their decision. no one would like to drop his/her self in those kind of matters.

Any more use full replies.

Amber special request from you if you can reply to my query or any other Gurus or any respected members of the board.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:42 pm

I believe HO does't do credit checks. Even the guidance says that application will not be refused on the basis of poor financial matters unless the applicant has been intentionally reckless.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:16 pm

akhurshid wrote:I believe HO does't do credit checks. Even the guidance says that application will not be refused on the basis of poor financial matters unless the applicant has been intentionally reckless.
Hi,

Many thanks for your kind reply. But can you please define what do you exactly mean by reckless here what do you class has reckless ?

Any one can go in to financial difficulties no matter how careful you are I've lost nearly 20 grand in my business which is just classed as a business loss which is a normal thing so I don't really get this point for my self being reckless ?

Any more replies from the gurus please .

Amber please reply.

Many thanks.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:24 pm

I just quoted guideline. I assume that by reckless they mean that someone piled up debt knowing that they won't be able to pay back.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi,

Has any one in a similar situation to mine.

I am still a bit confused as well.

On my driving license counter part it says 3 different dates so which date do I have to take in to consideration to wait for before I can apply for my British Nationality.

The dates are

Date of Offence 13 01 2013

Date of Conviction 17 04 2013

Sentenced 14 10 2013

Also can any one from this provide me an email address on which UKVI replies to personal queries rather than a standard reply.

Many thanks.

Waiting for your useful replies.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi,

Has any one in a similar situation to mine.

I am still a bit confused as well.

On my driving license counter part it says 3 different dates so which date do I have to take in to consideration to wait for before I can apply for my British Nationality.

The dates are

Date of Offence 13 01 2013

Date of Conviction 17 04 2013

Sentenced 14 10 2013

Also can any one from this provide me an email address on which UKVI replies to personal queries rather than a standard reply.

Many thanks.

Waiting for your useful replies

sam1983
Newly Registered

Post by sam1983 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:13 pm

Smam

I got a good news when I checked with my solicitors. They said you don't need to wait 5 years for non custodial sentence. You have to wait only 3 years since the rules changed for applying for citizenship. So you can apply now. My 3 years was complete last September. May be I was a bit late to check with my solicitors since I was travelling. I just checked with them last week.

Sam

sam1983
Newly Registered

Post by sam1983 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 am

Got my citizenship application approved :) last week

sam1983
Newly Registered

Post by sam1983 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:50 am

Got my citizenship application approved :) last week. You have to wait only 3 years after date of conviction for traffic offence

jimmykahn28
Newly Registered

Post by jimmykahn28 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:31 pm

sam1983 wrote:Got my citizenship application approved :) last week. You have to wait only 3 years after date of conviction for traffic offence
congratulations!! I am really please that you persevered and finally received your citizenship.

I am thinking of applying for the citizenship but not sure at the moment. Could you please check my situation in the following post and let me know what you think (I know it is completely different than yours) , in terms of your experience with lawyers and Home office? I would be grateful for any guidance. Thanks in advance!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 07216.html