ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roger354

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by roger354 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:43 am

sophia20 wrote:Hi guys need some advice lol would appreciate anyone's help!

I started a new job 6 months ago but i don't think my paperwork will be ready to send until after 7 months, so when I do send them shall i just miss out the first month's pay slip and bank statement?

Do I need to give a photocopy of my ID card? I'm the sponser.

Is it OK to give a property inspection report done at advisory centre by a councillor?

In the cover letter is it necessary to provide an explanation for the reasons you were refused last time?

And is it easy to fill out the online application form, I mean could I just do it myself instead of going to a solicitor/immigration adviser etc ?

give them last 6 month statements and payslips, both shouldn't be older than 28 days.

no need for id card photocopy,provide a photocopy of your passport.

yes you can fill the online application form yourself without going to a solicitor they just rip you off.

property inspection report by a councellor should be fine.
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:04 am

Sugarplum786 wrote:Isnt it about quality not quantity?
Of course! When I mean laced with evidence I don't mean 200 pages of what's app conversations what I meant was for example they have asked for 12 months bank statements I have provided 19 months.

Added in my daughters right of abode certificate copy and passport copy with birth certificate.

Or for example sa302 form I have included a statement of payments of tax although not a requirement still will help :)
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:15 am

humawakas2014 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:Isnt it about quality not quantity?
Of course! When I mean laced with evidence I don't mean 200 pages of what's app conversations what I meant was for example they have asked for 12 months bank statements I have provided 19 months.

Added in my daughters right of abode certificate copy and passport copy with birth certificate.

Or for example sa302 form I have included a statement of payments of tax although not a requirement still will help :)
I wanted to provide every single day of when iv spoken to my husband from when I am able to provide evidence but my solicitor took just a few out of each month :/ and even a few pages of whatsapp conversations and screenshots over the months bank statements of last 6 months, i wanted to put loads more in :( but she said it was a waste of money on packaging to post it my file was not bulky at all i thought wtf when she made it for me cause i was expecting her to keep every single evidence that i had :/ but inshallah hope visas still granted even though files not bulky :/
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote: I wanted to provide every single day of when iv spoken to my husband from when I am able to provide evidence but my solicitor took just a few out of each month :/ and even a few pages of whatsapp conversations and screenshots over the months bank statements of last 6 months, i wanted to put loads more in :( but she said it was a waste of money on packaging to post it my file was not bulky at all i thought wtf when she made it for me cause i was expecting her to keep every single evidence that i had :/ but inshallah hope visas still granted even though files not bulky :/
Your solicitor was right. You should only send whats required by the guidelines. As for communication evidence UKVI want to see that you have been in regular contact throughout the period of the relationship, so a few pages of communication over the months is fine. They are not interested in what you ate last night.

A file being bulky has no correlation to whether you get a spouse visa, in fact it may have the opposite effect. You need to put yourself in the ECOs position, what would you prefer sifting through 200+ pages of documents or a more compact application which meets the requirements? Adding unnecessary documents like extra bank statements will also make it more confusing for the ECO and it only takes them to flick through a load of pages and then to miss an important document. You need to make your application as if it were going to be read by a retard because that what most ECOs are, if you work on that basis and cover all areas there is no way your visa app can be declined.

i.e. there was someone on this thread who had provided 7 months bank statements instead of 6 but the oldest bank statement showed an amount of less than £1550 and so they were refused on that basis, even though oldest bank statement was not needed.

I know that these ECOs are paid to do a job, but we also need to make it as easy as possible for them to process an app.

THEREFORE I WOULD ALWAYS ADVISE TO KEEP YOUR APPLICATION CLEAR AND CONCISE AND RELEVANT AND NOT TO OVERCOMPLICATE BY ADDING UNNECESSARY DOCUMENTS

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:18 pm

alil2014 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote: I wanted to provide every single day of when iv spoken to my husband from when I am able to provide evidence but my solicitor took just a few out of each month :/ and even a few pages of whatsapp conversations and screenshots over the months bank statements of last 6 months, i wanted to put loads more in :( but she said it was a waste of money on packaging to post it my file was not bulky at all i thought wtf when she made it for me cause i was expecting her to keep every single evidence that i had :/ but inshallah hope visas still granted even though files not bulky :/
Your solicitor was right. You should only send whats required by the guidelines. As for communication evidence UKVI want to see that you have been in regular contact throughout the period of the relationship, so a few pages of communication over the months is fine. They are not interested in what you ate last night.

A file being bulky has no correlation to whether you get a spouse visa, in fact it may have the opposite effect. You need to put yourself in the ECOs position, what would you prefer sifting through 200+ pages of documents or a more compact application which meets the requirements? Adding unnecessary documents like extra bank statements will also make it more confusing for the ECO and it only takes them to flick through a load of pages and then to miss an important document. You need to make your application as if it were going to be read by a retard because that what most ECOs are, if you work on that basis and cover all areas there is no way your visa app can be declined.

i.e. there was someone on this thread who had provided 7 months bank statements instead of 6 but the oldest bank statement showed an amount of less than £1550 and so they were refused on that basis, even though oldest bank statement was not needed.

I know that these ECOs are paid to do a job, but we also need to make it as easy as possible for them to process an app.

THEREFORE I WOULD ALWAYS ADVISE TO KEEP YOUR APPLICATION CLEAR AND CONCISE AND RELEVANT AND NOT TO OVERCOMPLICATE BY ADDING UNNECESSARY DOCUMENTS
phewww thanks so much for that feel alot better now cause :Dddd x i met my husband in august 2012 didnt have pictures taken with him then cause none of the families knew he was our tour guide but there were pictures included where he was standing there in pics with fam around but not with me there in photo i explained on the back of the photos and i couldnt get evidence of communication from then till april last year i added lebara phone bills from april last year till date only i didnt include bank statements from last year just 6
And all of the other documents God knows whats written :/

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:27 pm

alil2014 wrote:

Suger plum I have done the same in regards to communication. I printed the what's app log from numerous dates for example one set is for December 2014 while another is dated March 2013 to April 2013 etc to show communication. :)

I also would like to disagree with the point you made Alil. The reason i added the extra bank statements was to show on going business activity.

My wife was refused last time and one of the point was "as a cab driver I have declared 20,000 but there is evidence of this" im not even a cab driver lol and nor was my declaration £20,000 so the Eco can be confused even you have submitted the bare minimum.

I agree with quality over quantity 110% because my file is thicker than someone else's does not mean I have a better chance lol.

What I meant originally with laced with evidence was that I have added extra bank statements, more information regarding the tax payments etc to show the genuity of my income as like mentioned before we have to prove the information we have provided to the Eco is real etc. I also included information about our daughter as she is a dependent children etc

I hope no one got confused and meant I was throwing in evidence that would not be considered at all or was too much

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:28 pm

@humawakas2014 - what was the refusal reason for last - surely it can't be what you stated...if that was the case you should have appealed/ reviewed?

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:17 pm

umeraali wrote:Hi
Congrats everyone who has received visas!
Ali 2014 good luck for monday!

I have received a response to say that further enquiries etc

So does that mean nearly done?

Applied:15th september 2014 at Mirpur
Hey umeeraali I applied on the same day as you on the 15th September at Islamabad. I received the same response that further enquiries are being conducted hopefully inshallah it shouldn't be long after this.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:
umeraali wrote:Hi
Congrats everyone who has received visas!
Ali 2014 good luck for monday!

I have received a response to say that further enquiries etc

So does that mean nearly done?

Applied:15th september 2014 at Mirpur
Hey umeeraali I applied on the same day as you on the 15th September at Islamabad. I received the same response that further enquiries are being conducted hopefully inshallah it shouldn't be long after this.
Inshallah both of you should hear within the next week. I applied on the 15th too from mirpur, so you guys are next :)

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Alil2014 I hope so inshallah. When you received a response stating further enquiries how long did it take after that? Did you receive any other mail saying in progress or anything?
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:07 pm

alil2014 wrote:@humawakas2014 - what was the refusal reason for last - surely it can't be what you stated...if that was the case you should have appealed/ reviewed?
The points that were relevant were that not full 12 months bank statement and no sa302 form from hmrc. Hence why we are reapplying.

However they also mentioned cab driver and £20,000 lol and also my accountant was not registered with a body when he is ACCA registered, also mentioned my tax returns for 2012-2013 how ever my tax return year is 2013-2014 lol.

Honesty speaking they mixed up my financial documents with another it seems but saying that I did chicken up on the bank statements and sa302 form hence why we are reapplying. The rest was nonsense that had nothing to do with us

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Looks likw august is finished as far as this forum shows. How many of us from September waiting now.?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

b41

Post by b41 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Ket1 wrote:Looks likw august is finished as far as this forum shows. How many of us from September waiting now.?
I'm one.

Hopefully not too long now as they seem to have started September apps

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:42 pm

b41 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:Looks likw august is finished as far as this forum shows. How many of us from September waiting now.?
I'm one.

Hopefully not too long now as they seem to have started September apps
Yes inshallah :) our timelines seems similar i also applied from lahore and we seem to have gt status updates on smilar dates too
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

adeel718
Newly Registered

Post by adeel718 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:45 pm

I am also awaiting a final decision to be made, wife applied in lahore on 25 Sept

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi guys,

My spouse will soon be visiting me inshAllah,
I read in this forum that new ppl on spouse visa have to sometimes answer a few immigration questions on arrival to uk like data of birth of sponsor, address in uk etc. Can any one give me a list of questions asked.
Also I have recently changed my address in uk. The address I gave as part of spouse visa application(for the house inspection report)- is now changed. I moved out of that property just after the spouse visa was granted. Would this create a problem e.g. when the immigration officer asks abt the uk address. Do they have access to the visa application details(like sponsor data of birth , address) to cross check.

b41

Post by b41 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:31 pm

t0mmy wrote:Hi guys,

My spouse will soon be visiting me inshAllah,
I read in this forum that new ppl on spouse visa have to sometimes answer a few immigration questions on arrival to uk like data of birth of sponsor, address in uk etc. Can any one give me a list of questions asked.
Also I have recently changed my address in uk. The address I gave as part of spouse visa application(for the house inspection report)- is now changed. I moved out of that property just after the spouse visa was granted. Would this create a problem e.g. when the immigration officer asks abt the uk address. Do they have access to the visa application details(like sponsor data of birth , address) to cross check.
When my cousins wife came over a few weeks ago they only asked about who the sponsor was and their address.
It's fine to have it written down on a piece of paper and tell them if they ask.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 pm

roger354 wrote:
sophia20 wrote:Hi guys need some advice lol would appreciate anyone's help!

I started a new job 6 months ago but i don't think my paperwork will be ready to send until after 7 months, so when I do send them shall i just miss out the first month's pay slip and bank statement?

Do I need to give a photocopy of my ID card? I'm the sponser.

Is it OK to give a property inspection report done at advisory centre by a councillor?

In the cover letter is it necessary to provide an explanation for the reasons you were refused last time?

And is it easy to fill out the online application form, I mean could I just do it myself instead of going to a solicitor/immigration adviser etc ?

give them last 6 month statements and payslips, both shouldn't be older than 28 days.

no need for id card photocopy,provide a photocopy of your passport.

yes you can fill the online application form yourself without going to a solicitor they just rip you off.

property inspection report by a councellor should be fine.

Thanks for reply :)

One more thing lol is it OK to get everything attested by a councillor instead of a solicitor?

roger354

Post by roger354 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:57 am

i emailed them about status of my application but got no reply?? are the off today as well?

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:02 am

roger354 wrote:i emailed them about status of my application but got no reply?? are the off today as well?

Yes they are they should be working again on Monday next week until the 1st of January when they will be off and then they will be off on the 5th of January when its rabi ul awal then 5th of february om kashmir solidarity day and then in April on some days x

roger354

Post by roger354 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 am

sophia20 wrote:
Thanks for reply :)

One more thing lol is it OK to get everything attested by a councillor instead of a solicitor?
i got mine attested by a solicitor and got my translated nikah nama attested by notary public in kutchery.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:16 am

Sugarplum786 wrote:
roger354 wrote:i emailed them about status of my application but got no reply?? are the off today as well?

Yes they are they should be working again on Monday next week until the 1st of January when they will be off and then they will be off on the 5th of January when its rabi ul awal then 5th of february om kashmir solidarity day and then in April on some days x
thanks for the reply sugarplum, us both should be hearing about our visas at the same time :D

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:18 am

roger354 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:

thanks for the reply sugarplum, us both should be hearing about our visas at the same time :D
inshallah :))) cant wait x

Asim khan

Post by Asim khan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Hey everyone

Jus a quick question .
I am travelling From Islamabad .do i really need a polio certificate .. this is so annoying ..i mean kids get polio not grownups ..do they even check it ..

Anyone Who travelled recently will have a better idea .

asif3

Post by asif3 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Regarding the polio certificate, when returning from Islamabad, I had a certificate but they didn't check it. I was told if i didnt have a certificate then they may check it and if I didn't have a polio certificate then they would give me the polio drops in the airport and issue a certificate. So if its a lot of hassle, its probably worth leaving it and if they make an issue then they will refer you to the section in the airport where you can get it done.