ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting additional CoS - please help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktonight

Requesting additional CoS - please help!

Post by talktonight » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:24 am

Hi there!

My future employer has problems getting a CoS. They originally had their license issued in 2013, together with 1 CoS. When describing job tasks, they simply copied tasks from SOC codes guidance to ensure they selected appropriate SOC code. They had no problems getting CoS that time.

Since then their CoS allocation was '0' in 2014. In October 2014 they applied for an additional CoS and that's when problems started. First of all, they received an email with request for additional information about vacancy and details of prospective employee, because they couldn't provide those when applying for CoS originally due to lack of space in the control panel. They provided those details in the beginning of November 2014. Complete silence after that. When log in to control panel, they can see their request for CoS was sent. On 20th December they emailed the person who wrote to them with request for additional information and asked when they can expect the answer. The very next day they received an email with official answer, suggesting that they will not be issued a CoS because they used very similar or identical job description.

My question now is how can my employer can quickly reapply for CoS? This time they made sure job description doesn't have same words as in the guidance. They have already submitted CoS allocation increase via control panel few days ago, and they can see their request was sent, but they are not sure that it was sent correctly, because back in October they used another menu - 'Request renewal of annual CoS/CAS allocation', which apparently is not available now.

Could somebody please advise?

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Re: Requesting additional CoS - please help!

Post by SProgrammer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 am

Hi,
Did you get any response? I am in the same position.