ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asif3

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by asif3 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Salaam guys,

A quick question, if I go solely through Cat D savings, will the ECO check my salary details and work history with HMRC. or will he/ she only do that if I go through Cat A and provide payslips etc?

Problem is, I was claiming JSA around 8 months ago, as I didnt have a job, but if I go through CAT A and CAT D(as i earn less than 18600), I'm worried the ECO will look at my savings and wonder why I was on JSA when I had savings.
Any help will be appreciated. JZk

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Just bumped in to my friend who has been granted her husbands visa 2 weeks ago, she said she received two emails one said something about being concluded and that email had the visa reference number on it, I guess the two email theory is correct then x
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:59 pm

asif3 wrote:Salaam guys,

A quick question, if I go solely through Cat D savings, will the ECO check my salary details and work history with HMRC. or will he/ she only do that if I go through Cat A and provide payslips etc?

Problem is, I was claiming JSA around 8 months ago, as I didnt have a job, but if I go through CAT A and CAT D(as i earn less than 18600), I'm worried the ECO will look at my savings and wonder why I was on JSA when I had savings.
Any help will be appreciated. JZk
I applied through cat A and Cat D Last time and they checked with hmrc so make sure hmrc records are correct and up to date because the job i was working in hmrc had no records i was working with them even though I was, this time i included a letter from hmrc saying where i work, what date i started, how much tax iv paid til date x

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Hey haven't been on here for some time

Really happy to see many visas granted Alhumdulilah
Congratulations x

faisalkhalil25
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhalil25 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:00 am

t0mmy wrote:Hi guys,

My spouse will soon be visiting me inshAllah,
I read in this forum that new ppl on spouse visa have to sometimes answer a few immigration questions on arrival to uk like data of birth of sponsor, address in uk etc. Can any one give me a list of questions asked.
Also I have recently changed my address in uk. The address I gave as part of spouse visa application(for the house inspection report)- is now changed. I moved out of that property just after the spouse visa was granted. Would this create a problem e.g. when the immigration officer asks abt the uk address. Do they have access to the visa application details(like sponsor data of birth , address) to cross check.
some questions they might chuck at you in the interview

i will give you guys Brief topics u will have an idea

Names (both)

Date Of Births (Both)

How you Met?

when you first Met?

who told you about your Wife/Spouse

What does She Do?

Where When your marriage was arranged?

Met In person? Where When

when your relation started

how do you contact

how often you contact

when you last contacted

who was in marriage?

have you met her/ his family

your sister name ? ( they might ask mother or father or brothers name)

name of children (if he/she have)

date of birth of children ( try memorising it, i told him the ages coz i was unable to remember u should at least know age)

jobs, wages

how do you go to job ?

where he/she go for job

what is his/her job?

what you do at spare time

favourite rubbish

song he/she like

have you met any of his/her family member?

do you send money to her/him?

how much do you send?

how do you send?

when you have sent last?

by whom you sent? ( friend/ family / money exchange etc)

what is his/her address?

where kid study?

do you have saving ( asked my wife)
________________________________________________________________________________________________
they try to get exact figures so that there might be a contradiction on both side and they can get a point to refuse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when she came to Pakistan?

Who bought the ticket?

where she stayed?

his/ her best friends name?

Have you met any of his/her friend?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:27 am

@faisalkhalil - these questions you have mentioned are more appropriate for an interview prior to issuing a visa.

At the airport you are likely to be asked your spouse details i.e. name, birthday, where they work; where you will be living; any previous visits/ visas to the UK and any previous visa refusals. Always stay calm and speak politely.

They may also want to speak to the spouse so always make sure they are contactable by phone.

Its also best for the applicant to carry there spouse visa documents in the hand luggage and to keep a sponsor payslip, bank statement and accommodation document (i.e. tenancy agreement)

Usually you will only be asked a few questions and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

If you are travelling with sponsor (spouse) then you can both join the British/EEA queue and hopefully you wont be asked much of the above questions.

NB: REMEMBER YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SPOUSE VISA - I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE BEING REFUSED ENTRY ON A SPOUSE VISA. IMMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE THERE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE AND ALSO TO MAKE SURE NO MATERIAL CHANGES HAVE OCCURRED SINCE THE VISA WAS ISSUED.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:53 pm

alil2014 wrote:@faisalkhalil - these questions you have mentioned are more appropriate for an interview prior to issuing a visa.

At the airport you are likely to be asked your spouse details i.e. name, birthday, where they work; where you will be living; any previous visits/ visas to the UK and any previous visa refusals. Always stay calm and speak politely.

They may also want to speak to the spouse so always make sure they are contactable by phone.

Its also best for the applicant to carry there spouse visa documents in the hand luggage and to keep a sponsor payslip, bank statement and accommodation document (i.e. tenancy agreement)

Usually you will only be asked a few questions and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

If you are travelling with sponsor (spouse) then you can both join the British/EEA queue and hopefully you wont be asked much of the above questions.

NB: REMEMBER YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SPOUSE VISA - I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE BEING REFUSED ENTRY ON A SPOUSE VISA. IMMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE THERE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE AND ALSO TO MAKE SURE NO MATERIAL CHANGES HAVE OCCURRED SINCE THE VISA WAS ISSUED.
Thanks faisalkhalil and alil2014.
You mentioned no material changes shud have occured since visa was issued. So would change of the uk address create a probem?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:03 pm

t0mmy wrote:
alil2014 wrote:@faisalkhalil - these questions you have mentioned are more appropriate for an interview prior to issuing a visa.

You mentioned no material changes shud have occured since visa was issued. So would change of the uk address create a probem?
Was it a rented property or family accommodation?

As long as you have a new tenancy agreement for the new accommodation and it is not overcrowded you will be fine. But always be truthful to these immigration officers, they are trained to detect even the slightest discrepancies and will investigate further if needed.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:52 pm

alil2014 wrote:
t0mmy wrote:

Was it a rented property or family accommodation?

As long as you have a new tenancy agreement for the new accommodation and it is not overcrowded you will be fine. But always be truthful to these immigration officers, they are trained to detect even the slightest discrepancies and will investigate further if needed.
it was a rented property. Yes the new property wont be overcrowded. I hope I don't have to submit a housing inspection report .. to whom?? :-) I had to move out as the previous landlord wanted the property vacated. But all this happened after the visa was issued.
So there was nothing to report to ukvi... I hope its OK. Of course will tell wife to show the new address.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:26 pm

@tommy - you will be fine then. just make sure your spouse knows your new address and when/if asked then you can both verify the same address details. Also if for some reason you are asked (very unlikely) then explain as you have that you had to vacate the property etc.

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Any1s appeal been overturned? How long till you recieved letter to submitt passport? My wifes refusal has been overturned, just waitin for letter to submitt passport! I just want her here! Nearly 2 years...can sum1 help me and hoe long after once passport is submitted you get it back.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:30 am

Majy05 wrote:Any1s appeal been overturned? How long till you recieved letter to submitt passport? My wifes refusal has been overturned, just waitin for letter to submitt passport! I just want her here! Nearly 2 years...can sum1 help me and hoe long after once passport is submitted you get it back.
Normaly it takes 2 to 3 weeks to come but nowadays due to christms & new year they are delaying maybe. If its not come even after new year. Then u i think u should contact them. It will come soon IA
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:33 pm

phaara wrote:
Majy05 wrote:Any1s appeal been overturned? How long till you recieved letter to submitt passport? My wifes refusal has been overturned, just waitin for letter to submitt passport! I just want her here! Nearly 2 years...can sum1 help me and hoe long after once passport is submitted you get it back.
Normaly it takes 2 to 3 weeks to come but nowadays due to christms & new year they are delaying maybe. If its not come even after new year. Then u i think u should contact them. It will come soon IA
Have you recieved any letters?

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Reached the UK today, didn't get asked any questions at the immigration, nor had to show the polio or tb certificates or any other visa related documents/queries! Nothing at all!

:mrgreen:

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Hello

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Moa7 wrote:Reached the UK today, didn't get asked any questions at the immigration, nor had to show the polio or tb certificates or any other visa related documents/queries! Nothing at all!

Congratulationss! What airport

arslan123

Post by arslan123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Aslam walaykum everyone I just received an email saying my application is awaiting further checks and enquires and have said not to book any flight tickets etc Shud I be worried please tell me if anyone has received this email who has been granted visa ..
I would really appreciate some advice really worried .
Jzk

b41

Post by b41 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am

Moa7 wrote:Reached the UK today, didn't get asked any questions at the immigration, nor had to show the polio or tb certificates or any other visa related documents/queries! Nothing at all!

Congrats!

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:24 am

Salaam, has any one gt a copy of call letter which they can post plz, just want to see what ut says... Help woukd be appreciated

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:53 am

wow cngrats..thats great..whre did u fly frm?? And whre did u landed?
Hope they dnt ask nythng frm me too :)

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:10 am

Regarding polio no they do not check. Stupid tbh lol

On another note! Put my wife's case through at gerrys today! Visa soon come :D

Also noticed another female who's spouse visa was refused. This was around 8;30am Pak time at the mirpur gerry. Wondering if it's anyone from the forum? The lady was not happy at all! I was going to offer to read the refusal Letter but she was being assisted by the gerry's staff. Was annoyed which I don't blame Her for
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:38 am

By the Grace of the Almighty Allah my wife's visa was granted today :) :) :)

Applied from Mirpur: 15/09/14
Processed: 17/12/14
Collected: 29/12/14

So it took approximately 3 months to process. Good Luck everyone who has applied and I pray to Allah SWT that your visas are granted soon.

Will be booking my flight for next week inshallah to visit and bring back my wife

Any questions regarding the visa process don't hesitate to ask, I'll try answering them as soon as.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:37 am

kehkashan wrote:

wow cngrats..thats great..whre did u fly frm?? And whre did u landed?
Hope they dnt ask nythng frm me too :)
Karachi to London Heathrow!
Last edited by Moa7 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:38 am

alil2014 wrote:By the Grace of the Almighty Allah my wife's visa was granted today :) :) :)

So it took approximately 3 months to process. Good Luck everyone who has applied and I pray to Allah SWT that your visas are granted soon.

Will be booking my flight for next week inshallah to visit and bring back my wife

Any questions regarding the visa process don't hesitate to ask, I'll try answering them as soon as.
mashallah amazing news to wake up to congratulations!!! Wish u all the best for your future xx

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:45 am

alil2014 wrote:By the Grace of the Almighty Allah my wife's visa was granted today :) :) :)

Congrats! It took about the same for me too, a little over 13 weeks, 68 working days to be exact