ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA for dependent parent with ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Petanque
Newly Registered

EEA for dependent parent with ILR

Post by Petanque » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi, I live and work in the UK (currently on Tier 1, but plan to switch to ILR in February 2015). I am married to a french national and wanted to bring my mum to the uk using the EEA route. Is this possible or do I need to be on the spouse visa? Or wait till I get the french passport?

I also understand I can not use this route if I have the British passport. But can I still apply if I have the ILR?
Thank you very much!

vinny

Re: EEA for dependent parent with ILR

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:39 pm

The EEA route is available to you automatically (without the need to apply for confirmation under the EEA Regulations), if your EEA spouse is residing legally (exercising treaty rights) under the EEA Regulations. So, even though you may also choose to continue to apply for Further or Indefinite leave to remain under the UK immigration rules, this does not affect your rights under the EEA regulations.

So, I think that your dependent parent may also use the EEA Regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:56 am

If your wife has British Passport. This route may not be a possibility.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Petanque
Newly Registered

Post by Petanque » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 am

Thank you so much for your Reply. No my husband only has a french passport and i moved here on Tier 1 visa (so am residing here legally). I wanted to bring my mum over and found that just wanted to check if i should wait till i get the french passport to apply through EEA route.

If i can already apply, is this possible to do on my own or better to use legal help? Could you please share your experience with this type of visa?

Thank you!