ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU CITIZEN APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BUT CONFUSED

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masterofpuppets

EU CITIZEN APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BUT CONFUSED

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi all. i am applying for citizenship but got confused about a few questions. could you please anyone eu applicant give me some advice.

1.3 they say give the date ILR given . as i am eu citizen i came to uk in january 2007 for long stay and started to work as self employed in may 2007 but i don't know exact date so if i came in 2007 and have become self employed 1.5.2007 it means automatically i have been given ILR in 1.5.2012. i am gonna apply in january 2015 it means i apply after 2 years or so after given ILR so anyway i have ILR i think. do you think i should put 1.5.2012 or 1.1.2012 or any date will be ok please advice me.

how important to remember the exact dates in the application as i am talking about starting self employment 8 years ago i don't really have exact date but i paid NI contributions for the all year in 2007 and also tax2007/08.
and also the dates i could find for my holidays that i have been away from the uk in 5 years ago how important to remember all the dates what if i missed one or don't remember the dates.

in 2.4 asking about details of self employment and in 2.5 is it again for details about self employment or only for employment and study. do i need to put same details i gave in 2.4 again.

thanks

johnj1

Re: EU CITIZEN APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BUT CONFUSED

Post by johnj1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 pm

To be on a safer side, I will advise to to apply for PR first. Some people that applied without PR have their applications delayed for months.
Since you are from EU country, you will be requested to provide evidence of exercising treaty in U.K for 5 years, this evidence will make HO to believe that you are PHYSICALLY present in UK during this period that you are claiming to be here.

masterofpuppets

Re: EU CITIZEN APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP BUT CONFUSED

Post by masterofpuppets » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:06 pm

If u apply for pr they will put the date on your pr the time u applied not the the time u automaticly get. Thats gonna delay things an other year as u will need to wait a year to apply.And also there is no need for that as i have all the documentations needed for pr and from HO for citznship application.