ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR achieving the salary threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

oj.bulmer

ILR achieving the salary threshold

Post by oj.bulmer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I am on Tier 2 general and will qualify for ILR in March 2018 and I understand that there is a salary threshold of £35,000 until 6 April 2018 (after which it becomes £35,500 for a year). Now,

1) If I ask my employer to increase the salary instead of giving the annual Christmas bonus would this be ok? This way, all the employees will get bonus but I will have increased salary instead.

2) Am I allowed to work for more no. of weekly hours than what was written in my CoS, and have this total income counted towards salary and not as over-time? If no, and if I decide to do that what is the procedure? Also, if I specify more no. of hours in my extension application (due in March 2016), would there be a problem?

3) Currently my salary stands at £31,000. Is my employer having any prohibitions under labour law to increase my salary in one or two steps so that I meet the threshold? I hope there are none, otherwise this seems like a an impossible criterion.

Thanks for any advice!