ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist - Tier 1 Dependent.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

E44302

Checklist - Tier 1 Dependent.

Post by E44302 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Please review the checklist for Tier 1 Dependent visa. I am applying in the month of December, 2012. Mostly on 12th December, 2012. I am on Tier 1 General visa.

Documents Required From my side:

1) Passport copy - My Passport copy with visa page. Should I submit original?

2) Sponsor letter - Letter from my side to say that I am sponsoring the dependent.

3) HSMP approval letter(if you have) - What is this letter? I dont have such a letter.

4) Bank statements, where funds maintained for last 3 months - Will take from Bank till 1st December, 2012. I am applying on 12th December, 2012. I can get the bank statements from 1st August to 30th November, 2012. Does the period from 1st December, 2012 to 12th, December, 2012 also need to be covered? How can this be achieved as I will be in India.Is it sufficient to show from 1st Aug to 30th Nov?

5) Letter from Bank stating funds maintainance - certifying average available balance for last 3 months from AUGUST TO NOVEMBER end since I am applying for visa in December. I have found that the minimum balance required is GBP 2700. GBP 1800 for my spouse and GBP 900 for myself as I am in the UK for less than 12 months. Kindly validate.

6) Offer letter(if working) - My company offer letter.

7) Payslips

8) Proof of address - Rent aggreement and gas utility bill on my name. I have only 1 month gas bill though on my name since I very recently moved into this place.

9) Employment Letter - This is same like my offer letter.

10) I also have the UK Provisional DL. Do you think I should attach that? I dont see any need for that though. Just a query actually.

Documents Required From Dependent side:

1) VAF10 - Filled Application form.

2) Proof of relation - marriage certificate, marriage photos, wedding invitation card in english. ( from both sides)

3) Passport

4) Cover letter

5) Photographs

6) TB Testing report

7) Fees for Spouse or civil partner of a settled person - INR 74,350 - Have I got this correct? Can you please check on this link and tell me if I have the right amount of fee? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... angname=UK English#resultTableAnchor. This is little confusing, you don’t call vfs center and check with them, you can get the details at http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/callcentre.html

Sorry to bother you guys. I just wanted to get another opinion from the pros out here. Thanks in advance for your help folks!

E44302

Post by E44302 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 pm

guys any replies :(

E44302

Post by E44302 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

hello, guys any handy information?

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied Tier 1 Dependent visa from India in November and got successfully within 9 working days.

Note: I have recently married and applied visa immediately.

I hope this helps.

Self Support Documents - Wife

• Original Passport + 2 Passport size Photographs
• Marriage Certificate – Original
• TB Screening Certificate - Original

Sponsor’s Supporting Documents – Husband

• Invitation / Sponsor Letter
• Main Applicant Visa Evidence
o A copy of the Passport (Old and New) pages of my husband.
o A copy of the Tier 1 (General) BRP Card Visa of my husband.

• Fund Maintenance

o Original Personal Bank Statements covering the dates between 15-July-2012 and 15-October-2012

• Employment and Income Proof

o Employment Offer Letter - Original
o Employment Reference Letter signed and stamped by employer
o Payslips signed and stamped by employer for the period April 2012 to September 2012
o P60 signed and stamped by employer for the period (April 2011 – April 2012)
o October 2012 Month Salary Earning letter signed and stamped by employer.

• Evidence of Accommodation

o Tenancy Agreement - Original
o NOC (No Objection Certificate) from Landlord/Agent to stay with my husband
o Utility Bill from Veolia Water - Original
o Gas & Electricity Utility Bill Copy from Southern Electric Company

• Evidence of Relationship Subsistence

o Wedding Photos
o Marriage Invitation Card

vicky8319

Post by vicky8319 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

People thinking that they are smart #, they submit all kinds of additional documents thinking that will favour their application (which may be true) -

Why are documents which are not mandatory submitted as a part of their application process ?

So people who don't submit these

Will get their application reject, isnt it ?

I am not speaking because i haven't submitted these recently during my wifes application process, But by paying 75000 rupees(Which is a very huge amount, atleast to me), let these British High Comission do some work and verification themselves incase if they have queries.
Indians are really over smart (that is what we think, but actually we are too smart for anything) - to safeguard their personal interests they will make life hard for few (people who get their application rejected) and help case workers work easier.

Shame on you all to submit all non-sense whey are not required at all.
These are all the only things which are more then enough for Tier 1 Dependant's Application processing when applied for the first time -

1. 2 Photographs (matching UKBA's photo guidelines)
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Original Passport of the applicant
4. Xerox Copies of your BRP (or VISA) and your passport
5. Proof for Fund Maintenance (600 Pounds in case if she is applying alone and the main applicant has stayed in the UK for atleast 12 months continuoulsy or with breaks)
6. Wedding Photos / Invitation Cards
7. TB Test Report from UKBA Approved hospital(s)

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

vicky8319 wrote:People thinking that they are smart #, they submit all kinds of additional documents thinking that will favour their application (which may be true) -

Why are documents which are not mandatory submitted as a part of their application process ?

So people who don't submit these

Will get their application reject, isnt it ?

I am not speaking because i haven't submitted these recently during my wifes application process, But by paying 75000 rupees(Which is a very huge amount, atleast to me), let these British High Comission do some work and verification themselves incase if they have queries.
Indians are really over smart (that is what we think, but actually we are too smart for anything) - to safeguard their personal interests they will make life hard for few (people who get their application rejected) and help case workers work easier.

Shame on you all to submit all non-sense whey are not required at all.
These are all the only things which are more then enough for Tier 1 Dependant's Application processing when applied for the first time -

1. 2 Photographs (matching UKBA's photo guidelines)
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Original Passport of the applicant
4. Xerox Copies of your BRP (or VISA) and your passport
5. Proof for Fund Maintenance (600 Pounds in case if she is applying alone and the main applicant has stayed in the UK for atleast 12 months continuoulsy or with breaks)
6. Wedding Photos / Invitation Cards
7. TB Test Report from UKBA Approved hospital(s)

LoL.....

Welcome to the world of Indian Smartness !!!!!!
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

m_s_m
Newly Registered

Post by m_s_m » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Could you please let me know
For how many months bank statements should be given - 6 or 12 months?
Payslips for how many months - 6 or 12 months?
should all the pages of the passport including empty pages should be submitted?

a4asif1
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund for Tier 1 general outside uk

Post by a4asif1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 am

i am still confused about maintenance fund. Can someone please help me to clear out this confustion? I am in UK for more 5 years and on Tier 1 General. How much do i need to show for consecutive 90 days for my spouse visa applying fro, outside uk. It is £1800 which should not fall anytime during 90 day period or £1800 + £600 = £2400 which should not fall below that for 90 days. OR only £1800 for 90days and the last balance should show more than £2400.

Please help me out .

Regards

E44302

Tier 1 Ext: Main Applicant and Dependent applying separately

Post by E44302 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi All,

Following is my case:

Applied for Tier 1 in home Country: 5th March, 2010
Tier 1 Granted. Valid from: 5th June 2010 - 5th June 2013
First Entry to UK: 1st June, 2012

First Extension: 15th May, 2013
Extension Granted: 5th June, 2015

So basically me and my 2 dependents (wife and child) have Tier 1 Visa valid till 5th June, 2015

My question:

1. If I apply for just myself in February, 2015 and hopefully am granted a second extension for Tier 1, can my dependents apply later before their dependent visas expire in June, 2015.

2. if they dont apply for an extension and leave the UK before June, 2015, can they apply for tier 1 dependent visa from my home country once I have got my second extension?

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Ext: Main Applicant and Dependent applying separa

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:53 pm

1. Yes.
2. Yes. But their continuous leave may be broken.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:57 pm

thanks Vinny, that was super quick.

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:01 pm

vinny wrote:1. Yes.
Hi vinny/all,

following is my case:

My Visa(Tier1 General) Start date - 24-Feb 2011 (expired on 24-Feb-2013)

My first entry to UK- 15-Aug-2011 (after 173 days from Visa start date of 24-Feb-2011)

After first extension on Feb 2013 , my current visa expires on 24-Feb 2016
At the moment, I have 2 dependants-my wife and my new born baby, both in UK

Beacause of new rule-April 2015 deadline and hight cost of extension fee of £2007, I am planning to go for 2nd extension only for my self in Feb 2015 through in person appointment. I wan to apply for my wife's extension and baby's new visa after April 2015 and that too through post(to save £400X2)

My query
1. Can my my wife and my child apply for extension after April 2015.
2. Can my wife and child apply for extension in Feb 20015 through Post (to save £400X2) and I apply for extension in Feb 2015 through in person or should I first apply for my self , wait for my approval and then apply for my dependants thorugh post

Thanks
Mohan

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi vinny/all,

following is my case:

My Visa(Tier1 General) Start date - 24-Feb 2011 (expired on 24-Feb-2013)

My first entry to UK- 15-Aug-2011 (after 173 days from Visa start date of 24-Feb-2011)

After first extension on Feb 2013 , my current visa expires on 24-Feb 2016
At the moment, I have 2 dependants-my wife and my new born baby, both in UK

Beacause of new rule-April 2015 deadline and hight cost of extension fee of £2007, I am planning to go for 2nd extension only for my self in Feb 2015 through in person appointment. I wan to apply for my wife's extension and baby's new visa after April 2015 and that too through post(to save £400X2)

My query
1. Can my my wife and my child apply for extension after April 2015.
2. Can my wife and child apply for extension in Feb 20015 through Post (to save £400X2) and I apply for extension in Feb 2015 through in person or should I first apply for my self , wait for my approval and then apply for my dependants thorugh post

Thanks
Mohan

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm

1. Yes.
2. If not applying together, then may be better to wait until yours is approved.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bond_007
Newly Registered

Post by bond_007 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:13 pm

2. If not applying together, then may be better to wait until yours is approved.
Thanks vinny. That was really quick and helpful answer