ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt wrt to earnings claimed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

Doubt wrt to earnings claimed

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi All,
I'm in the process of applying for HSMP. I have a doubt wrt to Earnings proof,

These are the documents I'm submitting,
Period Claimed - Aug 2006 - Sep 2007

1.Salary slips with employers seal and sign
2.IT returns for the period of Apr 2006 - Apr 2007
Form 16 for the period of Apr 2006 - Apr 2007
(Acknowledge sheets - As the process for the current year has been changed from SARAL --> Acknowledge Sheet from IT Dept)

3.Bank statements indicating the salary credited for the period of Aug 2006 - Sep 2007, with branch seal and signature of the authorised person.

My doubt is regarding the earnings claim from Apr 2007 to Sep 2007( 6 months).

Are the bank statements enough to show the proof for earnings mentioned for the above period of 6 months.

OR

If I need to get the employer letter stating the earnings claimed.
In this case do I need to get the letter only for 6 months or for 12 months claimed.

Below is the details according to annexture C
Annex C – Point scoring areas

50. If your income tax return does not cover the entire period claimed, then you should provide either or both of the following:
• Your bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• A letter from your employer on company headed paper, stating your salary. The letter should confirm that you have received the salary stated for the earnings period claimed.

Pls advise me in this regard.

Thanks in advance,
Deepthi

gordon

Re: Doubt wrt to earnings claimed

Post by gordon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:17 pm

The bank statements and the employer letters should refer to the whole of the 12 month period for which earnings are claimed, not just for the period not covered by the tax return (since the tax return also covers a period not being claimed in the HSMP application). And do be sure that you've chosen a continuous period of 12 months; Aug 2006 - Sept 2007 (inclusive) is 14 months.
AG
deepthi_a1980 wrote:Hi All,
I'm in the process of applying for HSMP. I have a doubt wrt to Earnings proof,

These are the documents I'm submitting,
Period Claimed - Aug 2006 - Sep 2007

1.Salary slips with employers seal and sign
2.IT returns for the period of Apr 2006 - Apr 2007
Form 16 for the period of Apr 2006 - Apr 2007
(Acknowledge sheets - As the process for the current year has been changed from SARAL --> Acknowledge Sheet from IT Dept)

3.Bank statements indicating the salary credited for the period of Aug 2006 - Sep 2007, with branch seal and signature of the authorised person.

My doubt is regarding the earnings claim from Apr 2007 to Sep 2007( 6 months).

Are the bank statements enough to show the proof for earnings mentioned for the above period of 6 months.

OR

If I need to get the employer letter stating the earnings claimed.
In this case do I need to get the letter only for 6 months or for 12 months claimed.

Below is the details according to annexture C
Annex C – Point scoring areas

50. If your income tax return does not cover the entire period claimed, then you should provide either or both of the following:
• Your bank statements covering the period claimed for;
• A letter from your employer on company headed paper, stating your salary. The letter should confirm that you have received the salary stated for the earnings period claimed.

Pls advise me in this regard.

Thanks in advance,
Deepthi

chicku

Re: Doubt wrt to earnings claimed

Post by chicku » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:23 am

Gordon,
I think she meant Sep-2006-Aug 2007.

I am also in similar situation. I am planning to provide only the bank statement besides pay slips and ITR & Form-16.

Getting such a letter from indian IT employers is next to impossible.

Thanks.

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks for the reply Gordon, Chicku

I have been claiming for 12 months earnings only
Getting earnings from the current employer is a difficult task, this was the reason I had a doubt that if this is a mandatory requirement.

As of now I have bank statements with the salary credited entry and this is inline with the salary slips I'm provinding as proof.

Thanks,
Deepthi

chicku

Post by chicku » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 pm

deepthi_a1980 wrote:Thanks for the reply Gordon, Chicku

I have been claiming for 12 months earnings only
Getting earnings from the current employer is a difficult task, this was the reason I had a doubt that if this is a mandatory requirement.

As of now I have bank statements with the salary credited entry and this is inline with the salary slips I'm provinding as proof.

Thanks,
Deepthi
I think it would be to your advantage if you get a letter stating full name of the party ( which should be your employer ) crediting the salary in your bank account unless it already appears on the bank statment.

This should not be difficult. The banks are oblisged, by RBI rules in India, to provide such inofrmation upon request. Initially in my case the ICICI bank was being reluctant to provide this information in writing but when I weilded pressure, they gave in.