ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Refusal Today - Help need for Review .

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

candid
Newly Registered

Got Refusal Today - Help need for Review .

Post by candid » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:29 am

I applied on 21 of Aug for HSMP my secore was as under.

1-Master Degree
(4 Years BCS(Hons), 2 Year M.Sc )
Provided all Transcripts and Degrees in Orignal
points claimed 35 awarded 30

2-past earnings claimed 45 awarded 0
documents provided 12 Months Salary Slip
Income Tax Reteruns Endorsed by I.T.O
caseworker stated that I.T Returns Form was not stamped by local I.T
office.

3. Age - points claimed 5 awarded 5
Driving Licence.

4. English Requirement through letter from Uni.

Total points claimed 85 awarded 35

Could any body guide me how to go for review. On my I.T Returns form was an endorsement stamp but on that there was no mentioned city name beside that i 've provided them my NTN No. Certificate so i they require they can go verfication through that as well. and on my salary slip there is deducation of I.T tax each month. I can supply them a letter from I.Tax office as well. So could u plz any body tell me how to go for review, without submiting a fresh application. Could any body plz put light on that as well they didn't awarded points for my Master Degree whereas i provided all my transcripts and Degre for M.Sc to them.
Rreply in this regard 'll b highly appreciated.

Candid

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi Candid

Sorry to hear about to rejection.
I would like to put forth couple of questions before suggesting any review.

1. What is your claim period ?
2. Did you ITR cover the entire claim period ?
3. If not what is the other piece of evidence that you provided for claiming under the past earnings section?
4. Did you get the NARIC's letter of comparision before considering 5 points for masters degree?
5. If not I would suggest you to place a call to NARIC and get the same verified

If you can answer these questions it would help the members in understanding the case properly and accordingly they could give you some suggestions with regard to your review.

With regard to your case being rejected with the reason that the IT returns was not stamped by your local IT office, I guess it can always be refuted with the fact that it was stamped. My only concern in your case is that if your claim period is not by your ITR then we might be further trouble.

Do reply ASAP

Cheers
PG

candid
Newly Registered

Post by candid » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Dear PG thanks for quick reply.

1- my claim period was from 1 June 2006 till 31 May 2007.
2- Yes ITR covered the entire period on single form.
3- No i don't provided them letter of comparision From Naric for my
master degree.
(can i get any informal verification on phone call from NARIC )

My all period was covered, in I.T.R the stamp I.T.O used for endorsement he stated is no mention of any local office (might b he want to say which I.Tax office they issued the I.T.R should b mentions in stamp) can this the reason ?. after this scenario what do u suggest me to do. Sr. Members plz look into this issue so that all aspirant who looking to apply can tackle with this problem as well.

The stamp was like this.

(Signature)
Endorsement No. ________Dated______
I.T.O

Cheers.

Candid

Constant

Re: Got Refusal Today - Help need for Review .

Post by Constant » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:48 pm

Sorry about your refusal, Hope the following will help in some way. For your education, you provided too much information some of which was not necessary [eg BCS (Hons)]. The HSMP state that supplying evidence not asked for could even hurt your application. All you should have supplied is your Masters degree original certificate (& if you are a recent graduate then exceptional evidence would be considered -> letter from university plus transcripts). If the qualification is from overseas then the original masters degree certificate should be accompanied with a letter of equivalence to a UK masters degree from NARIC.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:08 pm

Constant wrote:Sorry about your refusal, Hope the following will help in some way. For your education, you provided too much information some of which was not necessary [eg BCS (Hons)]. The HSMP state that supplying evidence not asked for could even hurt your application. All you should have supplied is your Masters degree original certificate (& if you are a recent graduate then exceptional evidence would be considered -> letter from university plus transcripts). If the qualification is from overseas then the original masters degree certificate should be accompanied with a letter of equivalence to a UK masters degree from NARIC.
Although I wonder in this case, in the absence of a NARIC statement of equivalence, whether the education points were assigned by the caseworker on the basis that the MSc was actually equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree ? Ultimately, the application failed because of the earnings documentation; the OP will either need to explain that the ITR endorsement only comes in that format, or will otherwise have to make reference to salary deposits on bank statements (if those were submitted but not considered). AG

candid
Newly Registered

Post by candid » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 pm

Dear Members.

I want to ask one more thing that for review do i 've to submit my orignal documents again or i just have to fill up the form and send that to H.O ??
Does any body kows that how much time H.O takes for revewing the app.?

Cheers.

Candid

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:59 pm

candid wrote:Dear Members.

I want to ask one more thing that for review do i 've to submit my orignal documents again or i just have to fill up the form and send that to H.O ??
Does any body kows that how much time H.O takes for revewing the app.?

Cheers.

Candid
You have only to send the form and your notes of explanation. Reviews appear to take varying stretches of time, like initial applications, and from what I understand, a review request means that the entire casefile is reviewed de novo by another caseworker. AG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:20 pm

Constant wrote:Sorry about your refusal, Hope the following will help in some way. For your education, you provided too much information some of which was not necessary [eg BCS (Hons)]. The HSMP state that supplying evidence not asked for could even hurt your application. All you should have supplied is your Masters degree original certificate (& if you are a recent graduate then exceptional evidence would be considered -> letter from university plus transcripts). If the qualification is from overseas then the original masters degree certificate should be accompanied with a letter of equivalence to a UK masters degree from NARIC.
I don't see how submitting the BCS hurt. In fact, I have seen them reject claimed points because they didn't get the previous degree. So I don't get that statement. In fact, since they don't communicate with you when they dont understand anything, I would submit more than you have to but obviously not too much to confuse them. Follow KISS, keep it simple stupid.

Constant

Post by Constant » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 pm

SYH, you have just contradicted yourself by saying submit more then refering to KISS. The HSMP1 application form (page 12) has these straight forward ticks

Academic qualifications
Required evidence:
:arrow: Original degree certificate (**this is a singular and not plural)
Exceptional evidence
:arrow: Original letter from institution
:arrow: Original academic transcript

I have also read on this forum about applicants who submitted first degree and masters degree and then masters degrees being rejected because it was not related to the first degree subject. HSMP applications are sometimes like a game of chess and luck. An overkill might give one personal satisfaction but it only just irritates the case worker who will only be too eager to see 'errors' and 'REFUSE'. (paragraphs 23-27, page 5, Stage 1 of HSMP guidance http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... p1guidance )

Better to phrase it then as KISS = Keep It Short & Simple!!!

As for review, I strongly suggest that you read the case workers manual on reviews
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

Better to know how it really works so that your next step is the right one.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:49 pm

Constant wrote:SYH, you have just contradicted yourself by saying submit more then refering to KISS. The HSMP1 application form (page 12) has these straight forward ticks

Academic qualifications
Required evidence:
:arrow: Original degree certificate (**this is a singular and not plural)
Exceptional evidence
:arrow: Original letter from institution
:arrow: Original academic transcript

I have also read on this forum about applicants who submitted first degree and masters degree and then masters degrees being rejected because it was not related to the first degree subject. HSMP applications are sometimes like a game of chess and luck. An overkill might give one personal satisfaction but it only just irritates the case worker who will only be too eager to see 'errors' and 'REFUSE'. (paragraphs 23-27, page 5, Stage 1 of HSMP guidance http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... p1guidance )

Better to phrase it then as KISS = Keep It Short & Simple!!!

As for review, I strongly suggest that you read the case workers manual on reviews
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

Better to know how it really works so that your next step is the right one.
NO it isn't a contradiction. Submit as much as you can to substantiate your case but don't make it confusing such as addiing your student id's to the application but certainly submit your diploma's including the ones from previous degrees. But I can go with your version of kISS

Post by 1971 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Its so sad that your application was rejected. Can i advice you that you should call NARIC and verify that your degrees are equivalent to UK degrees. If NARIC clarifies to you that these degrees are equivalent to UK degrees, then you can complete the review request form and state it clearly all evidences provided and stamps on all relevant docs. You must be able to explain some of the courses you did at degree/masters level that make you qualify for this degrees. Did you include the english language requirements.If so, explain all the tax periods in your country and state it in your review if there are variations.Also, quote HSMP guidance to support your review.

It is not against the rule to submit many relevant evidences but what can work against anyone is to submit irrelevant evidences to your application.

I wish you well.

You can win, if you believe.

cheers.

chicku

Post by chicku » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:50 am

Dear Candid,

If you take my advice, if you are going for review request, you anyway cannot provide new document. And even if they award you 35 points instead of 30, you do not gain much. If you put too many objections points in the review , this can only do harm than any good.

Just concentrate on getting them convinced that even if the name of the city is not there on ITR which you apprehend is for the purpose of verification, the same can be done using NTN that you have mentioned. Try to explain as to how they can do that. Try to put the point that all your documents are consistent and corroborative with each other which is the first objective of all the documents. If they find the figures consistent, then want to do the verification, they can do it by so and so means.

Thanks.

candid
Newly Registered

Post by candid » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Dear Chicku.

Your advie seems good to me.
I contacted my local I.Tax office they are providing me a certificate that I.T.R was issued by them on the date xxx and endors. no. xxx and they used the standard format. so if the H.O have any query they ask them. so 'll that certificate can help me or not ???? plz advice me.

Candid

chicku

Post by chicku » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:30 am

Yes , think that should be good enough. Besides this time be sure to have the full address of the office on the letter issued by them.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:52 am

candid wrote:Dear Chicku.

Your advie seems good to me.
I contacted my local I.Tax office they are providing me a certificate that I.T.R was issued by them on the date xxx and endors. no. xxx and they used the standard format. so if the H.O have any query they ask them. so 'll that certificate can help me or not ???? plz advice me.

Candid
you cannot send any new documents for review. Just explain them Crisp & Clear in the review form.