ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship evidence documents for extension of spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xiaowei

Relationship evidence documents for extension of spouse visa

Post by xiaowei » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 am

Hello

My wife is due to extend her spouse visa (FLR(M)). I noticed the form requires documents as evidence of relationship. But we stayed separately for a year because she was studying and I was working in different cities. Also we were away from UK for a year and just came back to the UK. We cannot provide the required 6 items of evidence of living together for the last 2 years.

Please advice what we need to provide.

Thanks a lot.

Jay

xiaowei

Re: Relationship evidence documents for extension of spouse

Post by xiaowei » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 am

Please can you help? It is quite urgent and we don't know what to do now.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Well evidence for the FLR is letters addressed to you both at the same UK address.
I doubt you can extend a settlement visa which permits you to reside in the UK when you have been living outside the UK for the last year.

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 pm

I am aware of the gap absence from UK and she is not applying for settlement this time. She just wants to extend her spouse visa as spouse. please advice what evidence can support our relationship as we do not have letters addressing to both of us at the same address.

Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:05 pm

xiaowei wrote:I am aware of the gap absence from UK and she is not applying for settlement this time. She just wants to extend her spouse visa as spouse. please advice what evidence can support our relationship as we do not have letters addressing to both of us at the same address.

Thanks
Appreciate you are applying for an extension and not settlement, but FLR(M) is a route to settlement and as such, the requirements are very similar. You need to show evidence that you have been living together for the past two years in way of cohabitation documents. The Home Office need to see evidence you and your partner have been resident and living together.

A tricky situation in your case and you will have difficulty in demonstrating the evidence as you have been living in different cities, and the fact both of you have been outside the UK has made it even more difficult.

Are you able to justify a strong reason for being outside the UK for a year. Do you have a main permanent residence address. One way could be to say your partner's address was her term time address for when she was studying with your address being the main permanent address (where she spent all her holidays, regular visits back etc...)

You need to dig to see if you can find any documentation for the main address for your wife. This can even be anything from NHS letters, vote registration, TV License and even junk mail.

Letters do not have to be in both names. They can be in separate names, just means you'll need one letter each in each name.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 pm

The requirements are letters to the same address or proof of contact. But as mentioned above you need to have a very good reason for one year's absence to even extend. A spouse visa/extension is a route to settlement so they will want to know why you are not settled here...

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 pm

WR1 wrote:
xiaowei wrote:I am aware of the gap absence from UK and she is not applying for settlement this time. She just wants to extend her spouse visa as spouse. please advice what evidence can support our relationship as we do not have letters addressing to both of us at the same address.

Thanks
Appreciate you are applying for an extension and not settlement, but FLR(M) is a route to settlement and as such, the requirements are very similar. You need to show evidence that you have been living together for the past two years in way of cohabitation documents. The Home Office need to see evidence you and your partner have been resident and living together.

A tricky situation in your case and you will have difficulty in demonstrating the evidence as you have been living in different cities, and the fact both of you have been outside the UK has made it even more difficult.

Are you able to justify a strong reason for being outside the UK for a year. Do you have a main permanent residence address. One way could be to say your partner's address was her term time address for when she was studying with your address being the main permanent address (where she spent all her holidays, regular visits back etc...)

You need to dig to see if you can find any documentation for the main address for your wife. This can even be anything from NHS letters, vote registration, TV License and even junk mail.

Letters do not have to be in both names. They can be in separate names, just means you'll need one letter each in each name.
If they've been away for a year,how would they prove the fact that they've been working in UK with bank statements and pay slips.
They need to apply for fresh FLR (M), which means they'll need to meet the financial requirements.

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 am

Thank you so much for your replies.
My wife has letters from NHS addressing to her during her study in another city. I have train tickets booking confirmations I bought during the year to visit her.
After her graduation, I had job offer from different country so I went to take the job and she moved to that country with me. We can came back to the UK in October then I found a job in the UK.
We don't have any letters when we were outside UK. All we have is flight booking confirmations and some photos we took together. Do you think our case would be eligible for her extension of spouse leave to remain?

Thanks

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:11 am

Rayking wrote:
WR1 wrote:

Thanks

If they've been away for a year,how would they prove the fact that they've been working in UK with bank statements and pay slips.
They need to apply for fresh FLR (M), which means they'll need to meet the financial requirements.
Although we were outside the UK. Our current home address is still the address used as our UK bank address and we were receiving bank statements during the year we were away. Would this be able to show that the UK address is our main address?
I don't mind if it is a fresh FLR(M) as long as her visa can be extended this time. We are going to stay in the UK permernently anyway so it does not matter waiting another 2 years to get ILR.

Thanks A Lot.

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Hello, if you have bank statements sent to the same UK address during the year you were away (so, assuming you actually have sufficient POA over the two-year period), then you may as well just use them as your proof of correspondence and ignore the fact all together that you two have been away!!

When you said you cannot provide six items of evidence...if you can have six bank statements, then surely you can?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

"When you said you cannot provide six items of evidence...if you can have six bank statements, then surely you can?"

Evidence of co-habitation must be from at least 3 separate sources...i.e all six can't be bank statements. If none of these are in joint names, then you need 12 pieces of evidence in single names. i.e six each.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Yelena
Newly Registered

Post by Yelena » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Hello,

Is there any chance you have full list of all documents for Spouse Visa extension? I've tried to look through the application and financial requirements appendix and got lost...and scared)I need to know what we need to provide from the financial side..like every paper they want to see...And is it a problem if my husband is not making £18000 but I do?
Or at least if you could kindly point out where exactly I can find all this documents...
Thanks a lot in advance, it will be really helpfull.