ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permitted period outside UK pre-ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

julian1972

Permitted period outside UK pre-ILR

Post by julian1972 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Amber / Casa & Ords.

I have recently switched from 10 year route to settlement into 5-year partner route FLR(M). The initial grant of leave under the 10 year route was on the basis of family life. My wife and daughter are both British citizens. I had only spent one year on it out of two and half years granted prior to switching, the switch resets my qualifying period for ILR to zero.

As I am now on the 5 years route before qualifying for ILR, I would like to know how many days in a year I am allowed to spend outside the UK and how many days in the last 12 months prior to applying for ILR. Is there a minimum number of days I am allowed to stay outside the UK at the naturalisation stage?

My aim is to keep our trips abroad to a minimum so that I do not exceed the number of days I am allowed to spend outside the country so as to not affect when I can apply for ILR.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Permitted period outside UK pre-ILR

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Absences should be limited and for good reason.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks. But is there a set limit per year or for the whole 5 years before qualifying for ILR?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:21 pm

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tunjy

Post by tunjy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:19 am

julian1972 wrote:Hi Amber / Casa & Ords.

I have recently switched from 10 year route to settlement into 5-year partner route FLR(M). The initial grant of leave under the 10 year route was on the basis of family life. My wife and daughter are both British citizens. I had only spent one year on it out of two and half years granted prior to switching, the switch resets my qualifying period for ILR to zero.

As I am now on the 5 years route before qualifying for ILR, I would like to know how many days in a year I am allowed to spend outside the UK and how many days in the last 12 months prior to applying for ILR. Is there a minimum number of days I am allowed to stay outside the UK at the naturalisation stage?

My aim is to keep our trips abroad to a minimum so that I do not exceed the number of days I am allowed to spend outside the country so as to not affect when I can apply for ILR.
How did u change from 10 years route to 5 years route to ILR?
Plz advise.