ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by carinoso_yo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:54 pm

furbs wrote:Hi guys
I have received a reply from my MP who contacted home office for me.

Assistant Director of Customer service operations Mrs Sanjeev had replied

They have said the standard that they are doing some checks but they have said
OUR TARGET FOR CONCLUDING THESE CASES IS 27TH FEBRUARY à
If it is not done by then they will write to me again.

Finally little hope..
The best news ever ! Every little hope helps ;-)

Sweet thanks furbs and well done..

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 am

furbs wrote:
akhurshid wrote:First helpful reply from HO I have to say.
My local MP is Simon Hughes and he is Minister of State for Justice and Civil Liberties so i guess that could have made some difference
or maybe theyre just starting to give useful replies?
I dont know
i am just glad he could get some information out of them...

I personally believe that most of the MPs don't bother writing to HO as they don't give a damn about us 'plebs'.
This MP however must have written in a way that forced HO to give a time scale. Good on him.

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Kindly explain what the HO officer Sanjeef means by These cases. The phrase means a number of cases, and not only your case. Otherwise she would refer to this case. I think the phrase may become clearer by typing the whole paragraph in which "these cases" is mentioned.

Nationality5
Newly Registered

Post by Nationality5 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:48 pm

akhurshid wrote:
furbs wrote:
akhurshid wrote:First helpful reply from HO I have to say.
My local MP is Simon Hughes and he is Minister of State for Justice and Civil Liberties so i guess that could have made some difference
or maybe theyre just starting to give useful replies?
I dont know
i am just glad he could get some information out of them...

I personally believe that most of the MPs don't bother writing to HO as they don't give a damn about us 'plebs'.
This MP however must have written in a way that forced HO to give a time scale. Good on him.

I think it depends on the MP involve. Some of the MPs are very good and we need to give cerdit to whom its due. Special credit to my MP who have been very helpful. I had the same response from my MP last week from the same Assistant Director of Operations. The only diffrence was that there was no date in my case.

I think HO is now getting the pressure as the MPs writes. This is something they definately want to avoid hence the setting of dates. Its a good sign that they will now be attending to these outstanding applications.

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

here is wat I heard

I have a couple of friends who have tried to apply through NCS and have been to told to wait since the HO are holding certain applications.
Remember i posted a reply from my Mp about policies that might affect the outcome of my case.

Apparently wats to change is the time after having ILR. Instead of being after a yr of ILR you have to wait the entire 10 yrs of ILR before applying for naturalisation. Or maybe looking to increase the years from just 1 yr.
wat I think is unfair is holding onto applications that were made more than 6 mnths b4 so that they can refuse our applications. I hope this is not true for our sake

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Since 2004 or so HO (or predecessor UKBA) hasn't enacted any retro-active policies. They tried it once with HSMP but were struck by the courts I believe (anyone who was in the UK already had old rules apply to them).

furbs
Newly Registered

Post by furbs » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 am

ahmedmaliki wrote:Kindly explain what the HO officer Sanjeef means by These cases. The phrase means a number of cases, and not only your case. Otherwise she would refer to this case. I think the phrase may become clearer by typing the whole paragraph in which "these cases" is mentioned.
They mean the cases that have been held back due to the extra checks they are making...
It could be what everyone else is saying but we might just be taking things negatively

it could be that after the backlog of the passports and them moving their team there. they had a backlogs of applications and hope to decided them all by 27th..

As for some one saying that they might change the rules about waiting a longer time before applying... well if they do we can take them to court for it and we would win if there is nothing wrong with our applications as the rules did not exist at the time of application.

Nationality5
Newly Registered

Post by Nationality5 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Nationality5 wrote:Applied on 12 May and still waiting. I have been following this forum and its been very useful.
The waiting continues.Its been a very painful 7 months so far.
Dear All,
Just want to give you an update of my application. I have been a silent participant on this forum and have posted only twice so fall but thought this post will encourage someone as i have just received my approval today.

Mine was a family application made up of 5 applications in total (3 adults (elder son over 18) and and 2 minors.
Date of application: 12 may 2014
Ack letter received: 19 may 2014 (dated 16 May 14)
Approval Letter: 07 Jan 15 (dated 05 Jan 15).
Ceremony: TBC

At long last the waiting is over. I wish all of you still waiting the best of luck and trust that you receive yours soon. Its been a painful wait so far but i am hopeful yours will follow soon.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:47 am

Congratulations to everyone who have received their approvals.

I am still waiting for mine and thinking I should call my MP again to chase it up. Last time I wrote to her was soon after my 6 months was over and heard the same crap about necessary checks.

Anyone has any idea if we can make a Subject Access Request to find out what steps have they taken to process our applications? Like, when exactly our applications were assigned to a caseworkers and on what date(s) s/he requested for necessary checks? I firmly believe that this necessary checks thing is all just another bullshit to avoid people chasing them up and to cover their incompetent tbh.
Goodluck.

mario2014
Newly Registered

Post by mario2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 am

Please read the following link on new guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersion.pdf

mario2014
Newly Registered

Post by mario2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:54 am

Anyone still waiting read the following link :

This is it.
Now You will know what are you waiting for?

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 pm

mario2014 wrote:Anyone still waiting read the following link :

This is it.
Hi ya! the link is not rellevant as to why there are delays on our application...those laws have been there we are all aware of them to me nothing new...LOOOOL :lol: :D :shock:

carinoso_yo
Newly Registered

Post by carinoso_yo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 am

This is it.
Thank you mario for the useful link, the most important in the changes could affect those who entered the UK illegally, therefore they have to wait 10 years from the entry date before applying..This would affect the decisions taken from the 17/12/2014 but it seems strange and shocking..How could this happen to applications submitted before the changes took place?!

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 pm

carinoso_yo wrote:

This is it.
Thank you mario for the useful link, the most important in the changes could affect those who entered the UK illegally, therefore they have to wait 10 years from the entry date before applying..This would affect the decisions taken from the 17/12/2014 but it seems strange and shocking..How could this happen to applications submitted before the changes took place?!
Dear Carinoso,

I agree with you that they should not use these rule to any one
Submitted application before the new rule exist!

It is unfair, if anyone got a solicitor or know the law, please advice, whether it is possible and fair that they apply new rule to people already submitted application.
My feeling is it is not right.
Thank younger sharing opinion.
At least we got someone to talk to.
The forum has been quiet for a while, I believe we all feel like we stress waiting

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Update following further mp enquiry
Thank you for your email correspondence of 8 January on behalf **** of *****about naturalisation case.

From the information available to me, I can confirm that *** submitted an application for naturalisation on 2 May. Having spoken to a senior caseworker, they have advised that ***** application is currently on hold awaiting further investigation. They are unable to provide a timescale at this time.

I hope it is helpful to explain that the Independent Chief Inspector Sir John Vine’s report, about naturalisation and registration applications, came out on 12 December; within it were a number of suggested changes in the way we deal with these applications. These changes concerned the policy around naturalisation and registration applications, not the law itself which remains unchanged. The recommendations were taken on board by the Home Secretary and our instructions were duly amended.

The change in the policy affects the way we consider applications. As such, a large proportion of applications have been placed ‘on hold’ due to further investigations being required. Further information on the changes relating to naturalisation applications can be found on our website at: http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... structions.

Your interest in **** case has been noted on the electronic file. I shall continue to monitor *****application and will provide a further update on 11 February.

mclook23
Newly Registered

Post by mclook23 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi,

found an interesting document about processing time for AN, EEA3 and EEA4 since January 2014:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

Mo

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Interesting Murphy

Any idea which report are they talking about any direct links would help? I applied on 1st of May as well and still waiting.
Goodluck.

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:30 pm

[iD] wrote:Interesting Murphy

Any idea which report are they talking about any direct links would help? I applied on 1st of May as well and still waiting.
Hi iD sorry the only link they provided was the one in the letter I posted

murphy1
Newly Registered

Post by murphy1 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Update, refusal good character that in 2008/2009 when l was on student visa I worked more than 20 hours a week and therefore l don't meet the good character requirement. Re-consideration forms are enclosed with it. Advise please is that a good character requirement or they are just being mean

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Lcj wrote:Update, refusal good character that in 2008/2009 when l was on student visa I worked more than 20 hours a week and therefore l don't meet the good character requirement. Re-consideration forms are enclosed with it. Advise please is that a good character requirement or they are just being mean
What's your eligibility criteria for applying
Sorry to hear this!!!

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Ten years long residence

mero2
Newly Registered

Post by mero2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 pm

mero2 wrote:7 month and counting...no idea when this wait will be over. The most annoying thing is not telling you clearly why the delay or how long it's gonna be..just feels like money paid and that's it.
I applied 16/May, received a letter 14/Jan asking me to send a new English test (i submitted Esol level 2 results were pass with merit and was told it will be accepted) now done Esol 3 and waiting for the certificate to post. I'm given a date 10/feb to send the certificate before!

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:50 pm

That's usually a good sign that your approval will come right after that. :)

ahmedmaliki
Newly Registered

Post by ahmedmaliki » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:58 am

No It means they have just touched it and started checks ....You can never know when they will finish the checks!!!!!!!!!