ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

viganooriah

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by viganooriah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:00 pm

PYRZAN wrote:Hi Vigan, congratulations mate. How they invite you for interview? Email,phone call? I took exam in LPS,Upton Park as well in Jan 2014 and discoverd Daily Mail article few days ago unfortunately.
Hello Pyrzan,

Home Office sent me a letter last year to come for an interview in Liverpool.
The interview itself was very straightforward, and the Home Office guys in Liverpool were also very nice. After 6 months following my application, I had to involve my MP though. Home Office then eplied that my case will be decided within 3 weeks. But the Home Office being the Home Office, I received my approval after 4 weeks!
V

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:10 pm

K4 wrote:
viganooriah wrote:After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval today.
I am one of the guys who went to Liverpool to be interviewed because the Home Office had doubts about the authenticity of my ESOL certificate, which I passed at the disgraced Learn Pass Succeed.
37 Weeks waiting, Over 8 months I've waited... Thank you for those who helped me at the time I was called for the interview.
God Bless you All

congrats viganooriah I used TOEIC in previous application still waiting let's see submitted IELTS with my ILR app this wait is a killer like
Thanx K4

You did a good thing by submitting an IELTS, as long as you didn't take the test at a Learn Pass Succeed centre.... Patience is definitely a virtue. But if (God forbid) your application takes longer
than 6 months, get your MP involved...it actually works. Thanks to Tumbin who first advised me to do so...
V

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 am

Bigboy86 wrote:
Meeeeee123 wrote:Alhmadulillah got everything yesterday.

Applied :12th Sept
Ack: 16th sept
Bio :9th Oct received and done 10th Oct
approved : 10th January
BRP & Docs : 14 th January ( Give me 16th jan)

I had updated timesheet.

i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the creator of this forum and of course fantastic member of this forum.
I had been a law abiding residence of the this country and Insha Allah wish to be.

I'd like to mention that once my visa has been refused and I went to prominent solicitors (Mxxxk Lxx Cxxxxxxrs) he said to me "i should go home and i dn't have any right to be in this country" and Alhamdulillah here I'm now.

-- Reason I'm telling you this guys........... He took my fees and didn't give proper advise..... I want to let you know that if any case any of you get in the visa problem -------please study ukba guideline first and if possible act accordingly,

there is no written book for immigration law and there's guideline for everything and all are at UKBA website, if you an't find it ask this forum-- hopefully this forum will help you. i think it's all about your exact paper work. Apology If i offended any one.

Jazakallah hu khair
Congrats all lot brother
Could u please share the time when ur visa got refused such as why it got refused and when and what did u do when it was refused. It will really help us all alot
@Bigboy86 I applied HND form ACCA (last paper was there to pass).

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 16 days short for 10 years long residence. URGENT

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:35 am

adrianmark2k wrote:Hi Guys,
I'm a new member to this site, but previously I've come across a lot of useful information from a lot of informative members here. I'll come to the point.... I came to the Uk on a student visa in June 2006, by next year I wish to apply for my 10 year long residency (ILR). My details are as below:-
1) Entered the uk- 09.06.2006
2) Current visa Expiry date - 24.05.2016 (HSMP)

My Questions- 1) I am 16 days shot of my 10 years residence anniversary! How could I apply for my ILR ? Any possibility to extend my stay??
2) What are the basic documents required ? Apart from my passports, life in the uk pass and English language (uk Naric recognised qualification). Any other documents to make my case strong?

Please your feedback will be much appreciated. And for members who's visa was granted in line with 10 year long residence route, kindly share your detailed experience while your ILR was granted.
Thank you for your precious Time and hoping to hear some positive responses. :)

@adrianmark2k ..... You are eligible to apply 28 before ur qualifications date 09/06/2016 :-) ....Actually you don't need to worry you can apply any day after after 14/05/2016 ( I usually leave a day or two extra and apply )

Just get the required documents

1.Passports with stamps visa .
2. Biometric card if any
3.photos
4.cover letter (not mandatory)
5, English language test ( if you have not done Msc here in uk)
6. Life in uk
7. Kids birth certificate ( if they were born here to strengthen your application)
8. Fees
9. application form
10.photo copies of all documents
11. Royal mail first class return delivery envelope ( if you don't send this not an issue HO will post your documents in 2nd class post)

Any other documents if you would like to provide all P60's letter from your doctor confirming dates of registration, council tax letters ,or letter from employers confirming employment ,(all not mandatory but its your wish most of the members keep it simple by giving what HO needs :-) )

Good Luck ;-)

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:31 am

Salam Forum,

I came in UK 7-feb 2005 and I sent my application on 9 Jan 2015 Friday (filled my application on 8 Jan 2015)and HO received my application on 12 Jan (Monday). Quick question: 28 days going to consider on the day HO receive documents or when you filled application form....

Kind Regards,

Saleem

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:37 am

Meeeeee123 wrote:Alhmadulillah got everything yesterday.

Applied :12th Sept
Ack: 16th sept
Bio :9th Oct received and done 10th Oct
approved : 10th January
BRP & Docs : 14 th January ( Give me 16th jan)

I had updated timesheet.

i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the creator of this forum and of course fantastic member of this forum.
I had been a law abiding residence of the this country and Insha Allah wish to be.

I'd like to mention that once my visa has been refused and I went to prominent solicitors (Mxxxk Lxx Cxxxxxxrs) he said to me "i should go home and i dn't have any right to be in this country" and Alhamdulillah here I'm now.

-- Reason I'm telling you this guys........... He took my fees and didn't give proper advise..... I want to let you know that if any case any of you get in the visa problem -------please study ukba guideline first and if possible act accordingly,

there is no written book for immigration law and there's guideline for everything and all are at UKBA website, if you an't find it ask this forum-- hopefully this forum will help you. i think it's all about your exact paper work. Apology If i offended any one.

Jazakallah hu khair
Congrats! What a inspirational case, will give confidence to other people with same cases. Thanks for sharing. Best of luck.

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:44 am

imi99999 wrote:Hi friends
arrived in UK 26th March 2005
what is the earliest I can apply
1. Friday 27 Feb
2. Sat 28th Feb
3. Mon 2nd March
As far as I understand, the earliest i is 27th March 2015. There used to be a 28 days in advance regulation in the previous UKBA website. However, such information is not part of the new HO website. See if you find it somewhere, otherwise you want to be at the safe side. Hope it helps.

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:12 pm

viganooriah wrote:
PYRZAN wrote:Hi Vigan, congratulations mate. How they invite you for interview? Email,phone call? I took exam in LPS,Upton Park as well in Jan 2014 and discoverd Daily Mail article few days ago unfortunately.
Hello Pyrzan,

The interview itself was very straightforward, and the Home Office guys in Liverpool were also very nice. After 6 months following my application, I had to involve my MP though. Home Office then eplied that my case will be decided within 3 weeks. But the Home Office being the Home Office, I received my approval after 4 weeks!
Thank you for answer.I saw that you posted your letter about investigation on LPS on ''What do they know?''. Did you received any information about this investigation?

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:32 pm

PYRZAN wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
Hello Pyrzan,

Thank you for answer.I saw that you posted your letter about investigation on LPS on ''What do they know?''. Did you received any information about this investigation?
No reply as of yet. Can't even remember when I made that request. I even sent them a reminder....still nothing!
V

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:25 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi friends
arrived in UK 26th March 2005
what is the earliest I can apply
1. Friday 27 Feb
2. Sat 28th Feb
3. Mon 2nd March
i personally recommend option 3 is most suitable so go for option 3.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:29 pm

saleem19k wrote:Salam Forum,
I came in UK 7-feb 2005 and I sent my application on 9 Jan 2015 Friday (filled my application on 8 Jan 2015)and HO received my application on 12 Jan (Monday). Quick question: 28 days going to consider on the day HO receive documents or when you filled application form....

Kind Regards,

Saleem
@saleem,mate HO never starts counting the date you fill your application but starts the date of application been posted.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello Guys just a quick Query!

Couple of days ago i have been pulled over by cops of being jumping the red light which i am positive i did jump but purely unintentionally.They took my all details.Now i am pretty sure i will get £60 to £90 pounds fine plus three points penalty endorsements on my license.All i want to ask that my application is still pending with HO as i never have been in this situation,so could it effect my case as its been nearly four months i have been waiting.

Regards,
Shahfurqan

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Shafurqhan it's a big week for us mate ...... good luck to everone

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:14 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Hello Guys just a quick Query!

Couple of days ago i have been pulled over by cops of being jumping the red light which i am positive i did jump but purely unintentionally.They took my all details.Now i am pretty sure i will get £60 to £90 pounds fine plus three points penalty endorsements on my license.All i want to ask that my application is still pending with HO as i never have been in this situation,so could it effect my case as its been nearly four months i have been waiting.

Regards,
Shahfurqan
Hey shafurqhan ,.....It takes ages for them to process there small offences first they need to write letter to ask ....If you were the driver and check if you agree for this offence ,,,,

Ten you send letter back they usually give 14 working days to respond ..... then at times they might ask you to go for speed awareness programme and u pay so me money for tra in in ...... It will take nearly 4-10 weeks for whole thing ....

So chill it will, in no way affect your IlR application........

It might be decided and waiting to be sent to you on Monday

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:18 pm

hello everyone
i hope all of you doing well.
is that true that approvals of OCT14 apps has been started???

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:28 pm

ali45 wrote:hello everyone
Who told you that? They had not started oct until Friday as far I know.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:05 pm

@ali45 ... compared to august ...september applications are less and HO will start Oct applications last week on this month along with september applications ;-) .....

This was criteria they followed earlier .... so never know ... its just an Idea and not confirmation .

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:18 pm

maddysheffield wrote:

@ali45 ... compared to august ...september applications are less and HO will start Oct applications last week on this month along with september applications ;-) .....

This was criteria they followed earlier .... so never know ... its just an Idea and not confirmation .
Hi Maddy,

Bit confused,

1. Are you saying September applications are less based on the entries on the tracker or some other source?
2. What exactly do you mean by "last week on this month"?

I am concerned as I applied (posted) on the 3rd of October

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:23 pm

@maddy,imran someone told my friend that he applied on 3rd of October and received his approval....best regards

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:25 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:

Hi Maddy,

Bit confused,

1. Are you saying September applications are less based on the entries on the tracker or some other source?

I am concerned as I applied (posted) on the 3rd of October
@ mazeen 1910 ...

Don't jump the gun mate

1. Tracker applications are not the bench mark .( my observation is only that most of the student applications are issued in aug and september ..........and if we use 28 days rule most applications will be august ;-) )

2, Last week of this month will be 26th Jan ..... and my as I said before assumption is that OCT apps may be picked up but they will certainly pick in FEB :-)

As I said before its just assumption .............not confirmed please don't get anxious ;-) I was just responding to earlier enquiry.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:29 pm

ali45 wrote:@maddy,imran someone told my friend that he applied on 3rd of October and received his approval....best regards
Well, we will confirm it first thing tomorrow morning with HO enquiries line. 03001232241 option 3 if anyone wants to ring

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Maddy,

Bit confused,

I am concerned as I applied (posted) on the 3rd of October[/quote]

@ mazeen 1910 ...

Don't jump the gun mate

1. Tracker applications are not the bench mark .( my observation is only that most of the student applications are issued in aug and september ..........and if we use 28 days rule most applications will be august ;-) )

2, Last week of this month will be 26th Jan ..... and my as I said before assumption is that OCT apps may be picked up but they will certainly pick in FEB :-)

As I said before its just assumption .............not confirmed please don't get anxious ;-) I was just responding to earlier enquiry.[/quote]

No problem mate. I am just in paranoid mode these days :D .

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Maddy is right,I dnt think that OH start October applications.will check it with them tommrow...

Azeez1900
Newly Registered

Post by Azeez1900 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi Shakeel Who told you about Oct Applications started... ?

are u sure ?

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:05 pm

On the tracker there is an application approved dated 29.09 but no name. Could someone please confirm that entry is genuine??