ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopies or originals with MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramtheconqueror

Photocopies or originals with MN1

Post by ramtheconqueror » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Hello,

I am applying for my son's BC using MN1 form. Do I need to send the original BRP cards (mine and my wife's) or just photocopies enough? The reason is, I have to apply for child benefit using CH2 and it clearly mentions that they won't accept photocopies. I tried contacting Nationality Checking Service but earliest appointment is in March.

I have got extra 2 birth certificates (not photocopies) from city council by paying £10 for each. Now I have

1. Original Birth certificate
2. Original Marriage certificate
3. BRP photocopies.

are these enough? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

akhurshid

Re: Photocopies or originals with MN1

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 am

ramtheconqueror wrote:Hello,

I am applying for my son's BC using MN1 form. Do I need to send the original BRP cards (mine and my wife's) or just photocopies enough? The reason is, I have to apply for child benefit using CH2 and it clearly mentions that they won't accept photocopies. I tried contacting Nationality Checking Service but earliest appointment is in March.

I have got extra 2 birth certificates (not photocopies) from city council by paying £10 for each. Now I have

1. Original Birth certificate
2. Original Marriage certificate
3. BRP photocopies.

are these enough? Please advise. Thanks in advance.
You don't have to send original BRP or passport if you apply for benefits after 30 days of getting ILR.
You'll need to send originals to HO. Why dont you try another council for NCS?

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:15 am

Also it might help to know that child benefits can be back dated upto 3 months so one option may to apply for child benefit later.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:33 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote:Also it might help to know that child benefits can be back dated upto 3 months so one option may to apply for child benefit later.
That has now been changed to 30 days. Plus, child is only entitled to benefit after the parents have been granted ILR so if they try to claim from a date when ILR wasn't granted, that will be considered as benefit fraud.

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Thanks akhurshid.

I've never thought about this actually. I will wait for 3 months before applying for child benefit. I don't want to take risk for that extra £100+ .

Thanks again.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:11 pm

ramtheconqueror wrote:Thanks akhurshid.

I've never thought about this actually. I will wait for 3 months before applying for child benefit. I don't want to take risk for that extra £100+ .

Thanks again.
I just double checked and you can actually back date child benefit to 3 months.
For tax credits it one month.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 am

You can also ask neighbouring councils for NCS appointments if they have anything earlier. It doesn't have to be your local council.
Goodluck.