ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter received - what next

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sohail_e
Newly Registered

Approval letter received - what next

Post by sohail_e » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 am

Hi
Sorry for asking quite basic question.
I have received a letter from UKBA confirming that my application for naturlization has been approved and the certificate will follow after it.
I have also booked my appointment for naturlization ceremony.
Could you please let me know how I should proceed to obtain my British passport?
Best regards

secret.simon

Re: Approval letter received - what next

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:45 am

a) Go to a Post Office and request a passport form. It is free.
b) Fill in the form. You will require two counter signatories/references. More details are in the FAQs.
c) After the naturalisation ceremony, submit the form, along with your naturalisation certificate and all unexpired passports that you currently hold. You can submit the form directly to HMPO by post or go through the Post Office Check and Send, who will verify that the form is filled in correctly and that all papers are in order.
d) Wait for passport interview.
e) Wait for passport

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:09 pm

[quote="secret.simon"]a) Go to a Post Office and request a passport form. It is free.
b) Fill in the form. You will require two counter signatories/references. More details are in the FAQs.

Passport application and photo must be signed by someone else (the ‘countersignatory’) to prove the identity of the person applying.
Why two?
Last edited by stokbrig on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Can the counter signature be obtained before getting naturalisation certificate?

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:45 pm

hsmpaspirant2008 wrote:Can the counter signature be obtained before getting naturalisation certificate?
Yes

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:46 pm

stokbrig wrote:someone or
secret.simon wrote:a) Go to a Post Office and request a passport form. It is free.

Passport application and photo must be signed by someone else (the ‘countersignatory’) to prove the identity of the person applying.
Why two? where you got this info from?
Only one counter signatory is required for passport application.
2 Referees are required for citizenship application.